Author Topic: V100 Mandello Merged Threadfest  (Read 111452 times)

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: V100 Mandello Merged Threadfest
« Reply #330 on: November 23, 2021, 07:37:59 AM »

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Online vintage53

• Gosling
« Reply #331 on: November 23, 2021, 07:40:59 AM »
I think today starts for Local Press.
1977 Lemans 1.2 "Project"
2004 V11 Coppa Italia
2010 California Vintage
2021 Vespa 75th Anniversary Primavera 150

jwinwi

« Reply #332 on: November 23, 2021, 07:45:06 AM »
I think these are just load-in days? Doesnt ECIMA officially start 11/25?

Motorcycle.com is saying the claimed HP is 115

Pfft... Only 115 HP?  :evil: :laugh:  Still haven't seen the price though. :popcorn:

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #333 on: November 23, 2021, 07:48:08 AM »
I dont think my 2v 1100 Breva has 80, so this will be a nice upgrade. I'll take 115, esp if it weighs 30-60lb less than the big B
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #333 on: November 23, 2021, 07:48:08 AM »

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #334 on: November 23, 2021, 07:49:38 AM »
It is annoying that neither bike on display is showing with factory luggage or a centerstand tho  :undecided:

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
  • Eric - MGNOC NJ Rep - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
« Reply #335 on: November 23, 2021, 07:55:10 AM »
When these were first previewed I was immediately drawn to the Tenni green Centanario but the more I look the more I'm beginning to prefer the red. Perhaps it's the mono-color but it just looks smoother/cleaner.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:07:52 AM by egschade »
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Online SLDMRossi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #336 on: November 23, 2021, 08:06:02 AM »
THE MOTO GUZZI V100 MANDELLO IS EXCLUSIVELY UNVEILED AT EICMA

MOTO GUZZI PAVES THE WAY FOR FUTURE MOTORCYCLE INNOVATION WITH A COMPLETE, POWERFUL, COMFORTABLE, FUN BIKE THAT IS PACKED WITH FIRST-RATE TECHNOLOGY

THE FIRST BIKE IN THE WORLD TO OFFER ADAPTIVE AERODYNAMICS. THE FIRST MOTO GUZZI TO FEATURE SEMI-ACTIVE SUSPENSION, AN INERTIAL PLATFORM, CORNERING ABS, QUICK SHIFT, AND AS ANTICIPATED, LIQUID COOLING

COMPACT, SPORTY, AND DYNAMIC, IT RIDES LIKE A ROADSTER, BUT WITH THE COMFORT AND TRAVEL VOCATION TYPICAL OF THE BEST TOURERS

In marking its centenary in 2021, Moto Guzzi does not just celebrate a milestone but rather a starting point, a base on which to construct the future. The beginning of a new century in which Moto Guzzi will continue producing magnificent motorcycles, authentic and strong in character.
Oozing with charm and cutting-edge technology, these modern machines will be proudly made in Italy, as always, at the Mandello del Lario factory, which will continue to be the epicenter of Moto Guzzi passion.

The Moto Guzzi headquarters will also benefit from a new look, the result of an ambitious project to reconstruct, expand and develop over the coming years. The factory will be opened to the public, becoming a place in which to meet and share the love for motorcycling. This brand-new industrial vision, based on the concepts of environmental sustainability and the efficient use of resources, will serve to promote a totally unique technical and cultural heritage by carefully balancing tradition and innovation, engineering, and design.

Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello, a First Step Toward 2121
“100” as in the history written during its first century, one of passion, skill, innovation, and success, both sporting and commercial. “100” as in the second century that has just begun. “100” to indicate, as is Moto Guzzi tradition, the displacement of the very modern new engine, the basis for a family of new generation motorcycles that will come to light in the future.

Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello will mark the start of a brand-new chapter in the Moto Guzzi story. A bike that refuses to conform or fit into just one category, it will combine dynamic flair with the travel vocation that lives in the soul of every Moto Guzzi. A never-before-seen Moto Guzzi, one characterized by cutting-edge technology, as the brand paves the way towards the future with innovative technical solutions and aerodynamics.

V100 Mandello will also present an innovative design which, as with all Moto Guzzis, focuses on showcasing the unique and inimitable v-twin engine. Lines that are far from nostalgic and that offer a modern take on the very cornerstones of Moto Guzzi style. This is clear to see in the shapes of the tank, which appear to be molded directly to the muscular engine heads, in the under-seat side panels, the slots of which are a clear reference to the legendary 1976 Le Mans, and in the top fairing, a tribute to the 1981 Le Mans 850 III. A 21st century bike, in its style and technology, that embodies the character and authenticity typical of all Moto Guzzis.

Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello will represent a turning point in the brand's history, the project introducing some very important technological innovations. It will be the very first motorcycle to offer adaptive aerodynamics, and the first Moto Guzzi to be equipped with advanced electronic solutions such as the six-axis inertial platform, cornering ABS, semi-active suspension, and the quick shifter, to cite just a few of the most important features.

And it will be the first Moto Guzzi to be powered by the new “compact block” engine, with its sophisticated technical characteristics. Tradition is respected with the 90° transverse V architecture of the twin, which guarantees that unique torque delivery and inimitable Moto Guzzi sound, but the project is in fact all new.

An innovative design has allowed for the development of an extremely compact and lightweight engine, which is 103 mm shorter than the V85 TT small block. The new twin stands out from all the engines recently built in Mandello del Lario for its cylinder heads, which are rotated by 90°, a decision that increases on-board comfort and rationalizes the positioning of components in the intake and electronic injection systems.

Its actual displacement equates to 1042cc, while timing involves a double overhead camshaft with finger followers and four valves per cylinder, which are chain driven. It also flaunts a wet sump lubrication system, a liquid cooling system, and a hydraulically controlled wet clutch.
Performance is second to none, with power more than 115 HP and torque of more than 105 Nm, with 90% already available at 3500 rpm and the limiter set at 9500 rpm. Data that effectively showcases the character and power of the new engine, gutsy and with real drive already at low speeds, and able to offer a riding experience worthy of the Moto Guzzi name.

The shaft drive employs a long aluminum single-sided swingarm, now positioned on the left. The drive shaft exit position, much lower with respect to previous Moto Guzzi engines, does away with any suspension reaction owing to the transfer of torque, with no need for linkage on the swingarm. This makes for a smooth ride during both acceleration and release, like that offered by a chain drive, but with the typical advantages of the shaft, so less maintenance and greater cleanliness.

The sports character of V100 Mandello does not just have to do with the performance of the new engine, but also the qualities of a compact and manageable chassis, which offers excitement through the turns and fast sections but also real stability over more long-range trips, with that inimitable front wheel feeling, synonymous with fun and riding pleasure. This is also thanks to the steel tube frame with 1486 mm wheelbase, fruit of a first-rate Moto Guzzi construction culture and ideal for showcasing the bike's agility.

Its touring attitude is boosted thanks to the significant comfort that the generous saddle and active, relaxed riding position afford. The adoption of a single variable-section aluminum handlebar is in line with the philosophy of the model, perfect for ensuring control during sports riding while also offering a higher and more relaxed riding position when touring. Two-person travel is at the base of the project, the passenger able to count on a significant, well-padded portion of saddle and practical grab handles, with a posture that ensures a relaxing trip. The comprehensive, dedicated accessories catalogue also includes a set of bike cases, which do not require any additional supports for assembly and contain both the side bulk and weight of the bike. Moto Guzzi technology also contributes to increasing both comfort and air protection, with the world-first adoption of an adaptive aerodynamic system that automatically adjusts the position of deflectors on the sides of the 17.5-liter tank depending on the speed and selected Riding Mode. The fully raised aerodynamic appendages reduce air pressure on the rider by 22%, which brings V100 Mandello close to the level of air protection afforded by more voluminous and less sporty tourers, thanks also to the protection provided by the top fairing, the height of which can be electronically adjusted.

This system contributes to what is a first-rate electronics package, comprising the Ride by Wire electronic accelerator for precise performance and consumption control, the advanced Marelli 11MP ECU, the six-axis inertial platform for effective management of the electronic controls, cruise control, and Cornering ABS to ensure active safety when braking through the turns.

Four Riding Modes are available, namely Travel, Sport, Rain and Road. Each of these manages three different engine mappings, four levels of traction control, three levels of engine brake and (in the version that introduces them as standard) also calibration of the Öhlins Smart EC 2.0 semi-active suspension, which can adapt automatically, minute by minute, to suit the type of riding and the road conditions, for the best possible bike behavior in any situation.

As ever, Moto Guzzi technology does not only aim to ensure a safe and exciting ride, but also facilitate life on-board. The rider need only select the Riding Mode that best suits their riding requirements to benefit from the best automatic adjustment of the electronic parameters, which can also be personalized so that every rider can find their preferred settings. Also included as standard is the 5" color TFT instrumentation, full LED lighting with DRL and the “bending lights” system with a pair of additional lights that illuminate the entire corner, increasing visibility when leaning.

V100 Mandello is available in two versions, which differ in terms of their trim. The more comprehensive version includes Öhlins semi-active suspension as standard, but also the quick shift, heated hand grips, and the Moto Guzzi MIA multimedia platform that allows a smartphone to be connected to the instrumentation via Bluetooth to extend its functions. Moto Guzzi MIA includes both the infotainment system for management of the voice assistant, phone calls and music via the intuitive handlebar controls, and the GPS function, which allows the rider to view directions directly on the instrument panel once a destination is set on the smartphone.

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #337 on: November 23, 2021, 08:38:11 AM »

An innovative design has allowed for the development of an extremely compact and lightweight engine, which is 103 mm shorter than the V85 TT small block. The new twin stands out from all the engines recently built in Mandello del Lario for its cylinder heads, which are rotated by 90°, a decision that increases on-board comfort and rationalizes the positioning of components in the intake and electronic injection systems.

Its actual displacement equates to 1042cc, while timing involves a double overhead camshaft with finger followers and four valves per cylinder, which are chain driven. It also flaunts a wet sump lubrication system, a liquid cooling system, and a hydraulically controlled wet clutch.

Performance is second to none, with power more than 115 HP and torque of more than 105 Nm, with 90% already available at 3500 rpm and the limiter set at 9500 rpm. Data that effectively showcases the character and power of the new engine, gutsy and with real drive already at low speeds, and able to offer a riding experience worthy of the Moto Guzzi name.

Sounds very promising!

Guzzi HTMoto Roadster "Verdina"
2009 Griso 8V "Weißgerät"
Norge-man - introduction #ca 198 shown Guzzi #195

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #338 on: November 23, 2021, 08:48:28 AM »
Wow! :afro:
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline spmoto

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #339 on: November 23, 2021, 09:06:24 AM »
Second that, WOW!

Offline Fredrik

• Hatchling
« Reply #340 on: November 23, 2021, 09:22:39 AM »
IMHO cant i see what is so special with the V100 except the liquid cooling. The design reminds of a Honda CBF500, i acually did expect more from Guzzi. But again imho.  :afro:
Moto Guzzi V9 Bobber -2021
Moto Guzzi V7 Special -1971
Ural Retro 750 -2011
Ural Вояж 720 -1999
IZH Jupiter-3.01 -1980
IZH Planeta-5 -1993
Honda Black Widow 750 -2001
Aprilia Leonardo 125 -1999

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #341 on: November 23, 2021, 09:24:47 AM »
Did you actually read the whole press release?
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #343 on: November 23, 2021, 09:40:22 AM »
It is annoying that neither bike on display is showing with factory luggage or a centerstand tho  :undecided:

Looking at this Cycle World photo, seems like it will be difficult to mount a center stand.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-news/2022-moto-guzzi-v100-mandello-first-look/?fbclid=IwAR1-AJPKZ0ZpZhJRg1gVW1ZH8My3kR9VL3T4bi-xdB6_DwrenrgzTRX-jkc
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Online AJ Huff

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #344 on: November 23, 2021, 09:43:09 AM »
I find it ugly, not my taste in bike. But very excited to see this jump in technology and what may come out next.

-AJ
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 09:46:01 AM by AJ Huff »
'71 Ambassador
'01 California Special
'05 Road King
MGNOC# L-753

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #345 on: November 23, 2021, 09:51:19 AM »
Yep, between the cat box and lack of lower rails, I dont think it's going to be an option.  I'll finally have to break down and get a rear wheel stand.  I know it's dumb but thats a bummer to me, I always want a center stand... esp if you are loading and unloading bags, etc.  I just think aesthetically, every bike looks better on a center stand than a side stand.

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #346 on: November 23, 2021, 09:53:48 AM »
One of very few "new" motorcycles that hit the button for me.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #347 on: November 23, 2021, 10:01:47 AM »
"I just think aesthetically, every bike looks better on a center stand than a side stand."

Yes, I agree. Looks like the Cat would have to be removed to install a center stand.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline Craig in Alabama

• Hatchling
« Reply #348 on: November 23, 2021, 10:10:54 AM »
I love it!
I got a 2021 Yamaha Tracer 9 GT a couple months ago and the V100 Mandello has all the tech that the Yamaha has. Plus shaft drive and it's a Guzzi! I would buy one of these.
For anyone who hasn't tried one, quickshifters are really fun. I hope luggage is available.

Cheers!
Craig
22 V85TT Travel
98 V11EV
05 Suzuki DL-650

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #349 on: November 23, 2021, 10:13:10 AM »

I think it's a nice looking bike, yes a bit on the conservative side but it's a good start and a great platform for a real modern LeMans. Of course with more HP.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #350 on: November 23, 2021, 10:15:11 AM »
A minor hijack here.  For EICMA Moto Guzzi developed a special version of the V85 for the Cuirassiers of Italy’s Presidential Honor Guard, which presents quite elegantly in black graphics with white accents:

My bad, I saw this was posted earlier. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:17:33 AM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Fredrik

• Hatchling
« Reply #351 on: November 23, 2021, 10:22:53 AM »
Did you actually read the whole press release?

Of course, still havent found what is ”special”.  :lipsrsealed:
Ural Retro 750 -2011
Ural Вояж 720 -1999
IZH Jupiter-3.01 -1980
IZH Planeta-5 -1993

Offline motogoro

• Hatchling
« Reply #352 on: November 23, 2021, 10:32:43 AM »

I think it's a nice looking bike, yes a bit on the conservative side but it's a good start and a great platform for a real modern LeMans. Of course with more HP.

Ooh!  Shiny! New!  It's very pretty! 
I second Blackcat's comment. 
Steve M. in SE WI
WMGR 193
MGNOC L-553

Online SLDMRossi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #353 on: November 23, 2021, 10:36:28 AM »
See my other "V85 TT ... EIMCA" thread and please post black-white V85 image there. I can never seem to get photo's to post.

Thanks,

SR

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #354 on: November 23, 2021, 10:37:46 AM »
Of course, still havent found what is ”special”.  :lipsrsealed:

What could they do to make it 'special'?  All new engine, liquid cooled, downdraft induction and 4-valve heads.. the most powerful Guzzi in history. Shorter, lighter block & trans, shorter wheelbase. Wet clutch eliminates bellhousing and heavy flywheel, 10k redline. Cutting edge electronics, ride by wire with 12 various ride modes, factory cruise & heated grips, adjustable windscreen and aerodynamic foils, LED lighting and LCD display. All new swing arm with no reaction arm and beautiful forged wheels...

Sounds like you just dont like how it looks? Cause it has dozens of features no Guzzi ever has had and it's a complete new design outside of anything they have ever done.  What in your mind would make it more 'special'?

Offline Fredrik

• Hatchling
« Reply #355 on: November 23, 2021, 10:41:42 AM »
What could they do to make it 'special'?  All new engine, liquid cooled, downdraft induction and 4-valve heads.. the most powerful Guzzi in history. Shorter, lighter block & trans, shorter wheelbase. Wet clutch eliminates bellhousing and heavy flywheel, 10k redline. Cutting edge electronics, ride by wire with 12 various ride modes, factory cruise & heated grips, adjustable windscreen and aerodynamic foils, LED lighting and LCD display. All new swing arm with no reaction arm and beautiful forged wheels...

Sounds like you just dont like how it looks? Cause it has dozens of features no Guzzi ever has had and it's a complete new design outside of anything they have ever done.  What in your mind would make it more 'special'?

Yes, it is mostly the looks. Agree the tech is new to Guzzi.
Ural Retro 750 -2011
Ural Вояж 720 -1999
IZH Jupiter-3.01 -1980
IZH Planeta-5 -1993

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #356 on: November 23, 2021, 11:17:40 AM »
new v100 video, lots of sound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDQ8Kpbqdvs
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #357 on: November 23, 2021, 11:27:04 AM »
I dont think my 2v 1100 Breva has 80, so this will be a nice upgrade. I'll take 115, esp if it weighs 30-60lb less than the big B

Not so fast buster, if your breva is like all the rest to come out of Mandelo, it is said to make 86hp!   But point taken, 30 more ponies and better be less weight, sounds Great!
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #358 on: November 23, 2021, 11:34:15 AM »
And then there is this: "The engine’s overall length is 4 inches less than Guzzi’s “small block” V85."
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Online sdcr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #359 on: November 23, 2021, 11:35:45 AM »
I’m just glad they didn’t paint it some shade of flat grey.
John
2000 BMW R1100 RS
1983 BMW R100
2009 Jaguar XK

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here