Author Topic: Observation GC  (Read 526 times)

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
Observation GC
« on: June 21, 2022, 06:57:03 PM »
After nine years of Moto guzzi ownership and  belonging to WG. for the majority of them, I have come to the conclusion that these are very reliable machines. I have owned various other marks over the years and visited many other M.C. forums and WG seems to have remarkably few posts about problems or issues of ownership. I currently have four on the road Guzzis ranging from a 1979 to a 2014 and would not hesitate to hit the open road on any of them. My 1400 has been across the Us from coast to coast twice and I am sure the v50 could do the same tomorrow. Fantastic bikes and really glad I caught the bug. I hope all of you have had similar experiences with the brand. Love to here other opinion + or_   
                                                                         Dave

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
Re: Observation GC
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 07:19:29 PM »
I’m with you, Sir and thanks for all the help over years👍

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 07:30:28 PM »
Dan, I know you had a love hate relationship with your 1400. Unfortunate but i understand it completely. Just know there' s always one here in Maine that's happy to have you in the drivers seat. If I had to rid myself of all but one guzzi ,it would be a very tough decision . I think in the end the 14 custom would be the last man standing. Pains me to admit that because I love the vintage bikes so much.

Online cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 09:42:38 PM »
I have the same mindset, Dave. 

My V7 Sport has been the benchmark machine for me.  So many other bikes have been interesting and enjoyable, but my Guzzi never had any competition- Never.  It’s what I like.  It’s my normal for motorcycles.  I compare other bikes to my Guzzi, but I don’t compare my Guzzi to them.  In recent years, I have been more interested in not using it up as a daily bike after it survived so many years of the life I’ve lived with it….  Restoring it would destroy much of what I like so much about it. 

Now I’m anxious to get this CX100 on the road because it seems like a great upgrade of the same machine that I like so much. It’s in much better condition than my V7 Sport has ever been since I got it.  Hard to imagine having all the original bells & whistles working like they should, even though those things aren’t significant to me in terms of the Guzzi experience.   It should be a good time creating another long-term Guzzi ownership experience, especially when I’m going into it knowing what I’ve learned about Moto Guzzis along the way.     
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 09:48:02 PM by cliffrod »
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX3YmQel_Q
http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio YuoTube Channel-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifz

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 09:42:38 PM »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 10:13:10 PM »
My Norge is now in the realm of a bike that I have a major amount of faith in.
I never get the feeling that anything mechanical will come to get me, although I always have a slight gnawing in me that something might go wrong with the electronics. This I’m sure, is because I am so clueless about that aspect.

I did a Nordkapp trip on a BMW R 1200 GS once and never felt like there’d be a problem…..and it was in a workshop 3 times…!
On one occasion in a 6’x4’ trailer between Markaryd and Helsingborg in Sweden..!
I do think it’s fair to say though, that on one of those occasions on the GS, I was in Brno and needed a workshop and I can tell you that once you’ve seen the big blue and white spinning propeller symbol, you know that your problems will be SOLVED…!
No BS stories about how privileged you are to be a “member” of the Guzzisti.
But..
The Norge has never let me down on the road bar one time and that was more or less my fault.

Offline Gusable

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2022, 10:20:42 PM »
I bought and sold my EV twice! It was my first goose but not my last.  I love my new 94 cali 1100. Feels like home.  I’ve had multiple bmws, Kawasaki’s ,one Ducati several Honda’s.  The guzzi just brings something to the table the others didn’t maybe the Ducati came close. I’ve only named my Italian bikes cause they have some much character ( normally would never name a vehicle)
1994 California 1100

Offline sign216

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi 750s - Breva, Nevada, V7, etc
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 06:10:42 AM »
David,

I agree.  My V7 has been rock solid, and I love how easy it is to do maintenance.  Being easy to work on is why I moved to Guzzi from the modern BMWs. 

Joe 
09 Guzzi V7C
58 BMW R50
65 Gilera 106
69 Benelli 350

https://groups.io/g/Moto-Guzzi-750

Offline DougG

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2022, 07:08:02 AM »
Hi Dave,                                                                                               6-22-22

Thanks for the upbeat post.  I liked my '15 Cali 1400 so much, I bought a '17 Cali.  I ride them both and hope to for some time.  They are comfortable, attention grabbers where ever I go, have all the features I need and want and apart from very minor glitches are reliable (rare tps error on the '15, but I cycle the ignition and it always clears).  Viva la Guzzi!   :laugh:

Be well stay well,
DougG
A possum playing possum is no big deal.  Find one that can play giraffe, now you got yourself something!

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here