Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Mounting Auxiliary Lights - 2015 Griso
« Last post by PJPR01 on Today at 12:03:48 PM »
Thanks Paul....good ideas! 
Yes Nevada is a steel tank.....very similar to my old V65 Florida (also steel tank) & seat height of these is super low - I'm 6'2" & ride around with knees around my ears...especially using highway pegs !!  Handling is fantastic & easy to throw around

General Discussion / Re: Mounting Auxiliary Lights - 2015 Griso
« Last post by paulbricey on Today at 11:41:18 AM »
I haven't (went for an angel eye LED headlamp instead) but others who have generally went either small ones fitted to the fork legs or fitted to the indicator/screen mounting OR they fitted engine protection bars & used them as mounting points.....protecti on bars don't protect much IMHO.

General Discussion / Mounting Auxiliary Lights - 2015 Griso
« Last post by PJPR01 on Today at 11:31:56 AM »
Has anyone mounted a pair of Auxiliary driving lights on their Griso?  I've got a pair I'd like to put on the Griso, but haven't settled on which brackets to use and where to mount them yet.   Curious to see where others might have mounted them?

Thanks!
I don't have Zelle...but will send a check before June 1st.  :boozing: :thumb: :cool: :wink: :smiley:

So we'll finally see the Yellow Horse up in Oregon?   :thumb: :thumb:
You’re on your way to writing a small block spec book ;)

I mentioned 470 lb. for the V7 III because the manufacturer lists 461-470 lb. in their manuals. Perhaps due to the spoked wheels vs cast? Or the mudguards? Lacking tach gauge on some? All of the above? Dunno.

I THINK most/all of my specs are specifically for the Stone variants (when such variants exist) in an attempt to make them as much apples-to-apples. Though I'm sure I settled for what I could find if it wasn't a Stone in one or more cases.

But once you get to things like the V7II or III with so many model variants (Stornello, or Carbons, Milano, Racer, Stone, Scrambler etc etc) I'm sure there are some variances in weight between models - ones with full fenders vs ones with abbreviated fenders etc.

Not sure on the wheels, I just remember that MKI forward are lighter than same on previous models.
General Discussion / Re: Recommendations for a first enduro bike?
« Last post by maquette on Today at 10:58:15 AM »
I have found my Kawasaki Super Sherpa is quite manageable, I'm 230 5'11".  I have no other comparison to base it off of just picked it up to ride with my Son in the woods. 

The large front wheel is able to cross some gnarly stuff and has plenty of speed, for roadways.  I would not recommend highway riding on it though because you'll get moved around as it is very light.  You could sprocket it for highway speed but might lose out of the enjoyable stop and go torque. 

I was invited out for some Class 6 roads riding in Vermont and most of the heavier KTMS were struggling, and the newer Kawasaki and Hondas were bogging down on the rocks.  The Sherpa just sloughed right through anything it encountered.  I would stall it out occasionally, but had a blast on some of those river beds they call roads.

I did put a 300 cylinder kit on it and jetted it correctly.

What brand and size tires are you using on your Sherpa? Off topic a little, but hey.

Tom

But I do have a spreadsheet with wet and dry weight measurements that disagree a little with what you've got there (and at least some of that is measured by testers).

Your Data:

• V7 Classic:
    Weight: 436 lb.
  • V7 II:
    Weight: 436 lb.
  • V7 III:
    Weight: 470 lb.

What I've Got:

• V7 Classic:
    Weight (Dry/Wet): 401/444 lb.
  • V7 I:
    Weight (Dry/Wet): 395/443-446 lb.
  • V7 II:
    Weight (Dry/Wet): 417/453 lb.
  • V7 III:
    Weight (Dry/Wet): 432/461 lb.
  • V7 IV-V:
    Weight (Dry/Wet): 437/481-492 lb.

You’re on your way to writing a small block spec book ;)

I mentioned 470 lb. for the V7 III because the manufacturer lists 461-470 lb. in their manuals. Perhaps due to the spoked wheels vs cast? Or the mudguards? Lacking tach gauge on some? All of the above? Dunno.
Still a plastic tank (Breva).

I wouldn't worry TOO much about it, but I defiintely appreciate the larger metal tank on the "later" V7s.

Thanks! While the Breva 750 is indeed plastic, it seems that the Nevada tank is steel, which would be one small tick in its favor. Can anyone confirm?
OP - sorry about tangent, but maybe it's good to compare/contrast various generations of smallblocks when shopping.

No worries. Knowing that there are differences in weight and steering geometry is very helpful!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here