Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1033887 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2970 on: February 27, 2020, 08:38:38 PM »
Here you can see my local little roads in my country : https://youtu.be/1T-9tXeNKqchttps://youtu.be/tOU1u93Y1wk  :bike-037:

Well, thanks for those.   Looks like beautiful riding country!    Hope I can make it over there some day ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2971 on: February 27, 2020, 08:40:05 PM »
Currently looking at an Audace Carbon..  Mmmmmm

Well, for sure that won't look like anything from your past!   Onward!

Lannis

Online Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2972 on: February 27, 2020, 10:28:43 PM »
I love my Audace but they aren't for everybody. The best I can say is they aren't real good around town but out on the highway they shine.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline TR5Trider

• New Egg
« Reply #2973 on: March 10, 2020, 04:56:26 PM »
Hello all

Bert Waterson

Louisiana Hill Country

82 trying to pass for 62

Architect

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2973 on: March 10, 2020, 04:56:26 PM »

Offline Ltl1

• New Egg
« Reply #2974 on: March 12, 2020, 11:00:18 PM »
Hello all,

I may have intro'd three or four years ago, but I had to put off buying my first MG until now; so here I am again...but this time with a new-to-me V7ll :)

I started riding when I was about 5, sitting on the gas tank of my Dad's sunburst orange 1970's Honda CB750. When I was a teenager, my brother would throw me on the back of his cafe racers that he would occasionally road race. In my mid 30's I decided I needed to learn to drive myself; so I started with a used 250CC Virago (which fit my beginner 5'1" frame great). I had that about 5 years and then moved overseas to Taiwan and rode a Chinese standard around rural rice paddies and up into the mountains. Been back in the states for 3 or 4 years and finally got the MG I've been looking at for years. I really liked the standard position, possibility of being able to wrench it myself, and the fact that although it's a modern bike (with fuel injection  :wink:)- one could still tell you were essentially riding a machine...if that makes sense.

I teach Special Ed in North County San Diego, and have found this forum to be very helpful and informative- so thanks!

wendi

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2975 on: March 13, 2020, 08:07:53 AM »
Hello all,

I really liked the standard position, possibility of being able to wrench it myself, and the fact that although it's a modern bike (with fuel injection  :wink:)- one could still tell you were essentially riding a machine...if that makes sense.

wendi

Makes perfect sense; you're in good company with THAT sentiment!

Lannis

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2976 on: March 13, 2020, 08:09:06 AM »

82 trying to pass for 62

I've known a few guys who could actually get away with that!   Hope you're successful!

Lannis

Offline alanp

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2977 on: March 14, 2020, 12:21:12 PM »
Hello all,

I may have intro'd three or four years ago, but I had to put off buying my first MG until now; so here I am again...but this time with a new-to-me V7ll :

wendi

Welcome, and congrats on your new bike.  I have one also, and it continues to grow on me.  Air cooled engine, ease of maintenance, shaft drive and beautiful lines make for a unique and wonderful machine.   
Niwot, Colorado
'08 1200 Sport - Black
'16 V7II Stone - Black
Previous Guzzis
'07 Griso, '07 Norge, '03 California SS, '02 California SS, '02 V11 Lemans,  '83 Lemans III, '77 Lemans

Offline Pfestus1

• New Egg
    • Twin Valley Rally
« Reply #2978 on: March 23, 2020, 07:47:39 AM »
Hello Guzzi folks!  I am happy to be a part of this forum. I'm a BMW guy and have only had Boxer Beemers since 1974 when I bought my first moto, an older R60/2.  I have always admired Guzzis, especially the older Ambassadors, but never really thought much about owning a Guzzi. That was until Guzzi came out with the V85TT. I really liked the bike in pictures and decided to find one at a dealer to just check out and sit on. I found a slightly used 2020 V85TT at a Triumph dealership about 90 miles away. I was smitten by the Guzzi. It looks, to me, like a motorcycle should look, or like I remember them looking a few years ago. I really wasn't looking to buy, but after a test ride I began thinking about how I could get up the $$ to purchase it. So now I am a Guzzi owner, and loving the V85TT.

I'm 68, retired Firefighter/Paramedic. Live and ride in the Blue Ridge and Allegheny Mountains in South-west Virginia.

Hank Pfister
Roanoke, VA
2020 V85TT, and a couple old Airhead Beemers

Pfestus1
Roanoke, VA
2020 Moto Guzzi V85TT, 1973 BMW R75/5, 1984 BMW R100/Dnepr sidecar rig.

Online Anomaly

• Gosling
  • Location: Southern Tuscany (mostly), Rhode Island (sometimes)
« Reply #2979 on: March 25, 2020, 07:36:04 AM »
Hello all,

Seth here, 61, from Rhode Island. Just joined, reading like mad to catch up. Just acquired a new-to-me 2012 v7 Classic. THEN I flew to Italy to be with my wife during these challenging times...

Very excited about the v7-- have to sell off a 98 BMW F650 and a 78 Suzuki GS400 as I am trying to get down to one bike and the v7 seemed perfect for my needs/wants.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:40:29 PM by Anomaly »
1981 T3 California, 1983 Piaggio Apecar P2
Sold: 98 BMW F650, 2012 v7 Classic

Offline stornello465

• New Egg
« Reply #2980 on: March 25, 2020, 02:13:04 PM »
David, 34, Operations in Berkeley (work in San Francisco and ride around the bay area a lot)

Offline GuzziBurger

• New Egg
« Reply #2981 on: March 27, 2020, 12:26:02 PM »
Hello!

I'm Axel from New York. I'm 25 and work in the photo and film industry.
Just got my first Guzzi a couple days ago

It's a 2015 v7 Classic
I have many questions and I'm excited to start posting in this community.

Offline Solorider73

• Gosling
« Reply #2982 on: March 28, 2020, 06:19:03 PM »
Hello All

Name: Ronnie
Occupation: Electrical Engineer (I hear this might be a good skill set for a Guzzi)

I've been riding street bikes for about 20 years.  I rode a 2001 Triumph Sprint ST for a long time and still regret selling it.  I recently purchased a 2019 V7 lll Stone, which is my first Guzzi.  My other bike at the moment is a Suzuki DR650.

Current Stable
2019 MG V7 lll Stone
2020 MG V85TT Adventure
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Offline LFC4EVER

• New Egg
« Reply #2983 on: March 29, 2020, 08:21:15 AM »
Hello!

Name - Jesse
Occupation - Sales Rep
Age - 29
Location - Grand Rapids, MI

Just purchased a 2012 V7 Racer with super low mileage. I'm a bike novice (first bike ever purchased) and am hoping to learn a lot through this forum. My goal is to do the majority of the work DIY.

Offline foxbat

• New Egg
« Reply #2984 on: March 30, 2020, 12:11:08 PM »
Abraham from Canada  here. A newbie to Motoguzzi. Never owned one but wanted to buy one.
I have been riding since I was 11 but officially since 1976. I am 60 years and an aviation consultant. Now ride a Triumph Thunderbird.

oldbike54

« Reply #2985 on: March 30, 2020, 01:50:16 PM »
Abraham from Canada  here. A newbie to Motoguzzi. Never owned one but wanted to buy one.
I have been riding since I was 11 but officially since 1976. I am 60 years and an aviation consultant. Now ride a Triumph Thunderbird.

Cool , a youngster  :laugh:

Welcome to WG .

Dusty

Offline foxbat

• New Egg
« Reply #2986 on: March 30, 2020, 02:37:08 PM »
Cool , a youngster  :laugh:

Welcome to WG .

Dusty

Thank you very much Dusty. I am looking at a used California as it is not very common in Canada and the part where I live. It is Harley territory. For that matter neither is it common to see a Triumph here. What should I be looking for when I look to buy a California? How is the ride on a Mottoguzzi California ride different lets say compared to a Triumph Thunderbird?

oldbike54

« Reply #2987 on: March 30, 2020, 02:48:03 PM »
Thank you very much Dusty. I am looking at a used California as it is not very common in Canada and the part where I live. It is Harley territory. For that matter neither is it common to see a Triumph here. What should I be looking for when I look to buy a California? How is the ride on a Mottoguzzi California ride different lets say compared to a Triumph Thunderbird?

Probably a good question for General Discussion , you'll get lots of comments . Fair enough ?

Dusty

Offline Rawle B

• New Egg
« Reply #2988 on: March 30, 2020, 06:16:14 PM »
Hello,
      My name is Rawle, I live in Utah and I'm 35. I'm on my third Guzzi, 10th motor cycle. My first guzzi was an mgx 21, after 8 months and 15000 miles I was hit by a van in the middle of December. I loved my 1400 so much I replaced it then picked up a griso to go with it.(500 miles to the nearest dealer got to have one to ride if I have to work on the other). I met a few of you in person  on a ride in Utah in September 2018 and I've found this forum to be an excellent resource in maintaining the guzzi's . I look forward to getting advise on problems and maybe helping on some of yours.

Offline Brilig

• New Egg
« Reply #2989 on: March 31, 2020, 11:49:36 AM »
Hello everyone, 
My name is Mark and I am an electrician in the Boston area.
I have a 1979 SP 1000 that I have owned for thirty five years.  The bike has been out back in the shed for almost twenty five years and now it is time to get it back on the road.  Look for me in "Rebuilds".  I will need everybody's help putting this back together.

Offline aneufeld

• New Egg
« Reply #2990 on: April 06, 2020, 07:33:27 PM »
Hello.
I bought my first Moto Guzzi (2009 Norge, 24000 miles or so) about 2 months ago and have been deep n the project ever since.  Since I bought it out of state the DMV needed to see the VIN.  Which is of course under the tank.  And since I had to take that off, why not first check everything out (which I had wanted to do anyway)?  So after just a few miles of riding I dug in.  I found original air and fuel filters, so that at least was worth the task.  Getting the inner plugs out stopped me for a while until I discovered that a lawn mower plug wrench from Lowe's was easily modified.  Everything looked pretty good but by that time, the local DMV was closed and remains so.  I'm riding with a piece of paper in a zip lock bag taped to the plate holder.  Most recently, I've learned how to re-key the saddle bags that were purchased apart from the bike - now they all operate on one key.  Not really that hard to do - is this common knowledge?

I've spent the last 5 years or so keeping a 1992 BMW K75 on the road.  That's an admirable bike in many ways as you may know but for me, it lacked character.  I was never able to love riding it, so now it has to go.  I must say, I'm initially very impressed with the Guzzi.  The first thing I noticed was that the tool set had about half the number of pieces as the BMWs and I wondered, is the bike designed so that these few tools will suffice for emergencies?  That seems to be the case, and I like that.  I like the feel of it as well.  it's about 60 pounds heavier than the BMW K75 but feels very much lighter.  When the rain clears and I actually get a license plate, I'm looking forward to some long rides.   

Offline PDXMilano

• New Egg
« Reply #2991 on: April 07, 2020, 06:03:01 PM »
Hello,

Larry Pexton here posting as PDXMilano.

Started at a Honda/Norton shop in Ithaca, NY in 1971.  Had a repair shop '73-76, then switched to the audio industry in 1978.  Moved to Aspen, then to Portland, founded Triad Speakers, sold it in early 2017.  Now retired and enjoying my 2018 V7 Milano iii purchased new in 2019, which is my first owned bike since I sold the 1979 Guzzi SP 1000, with about 50k on the clock.  Loved it every day I owned.

LP

Offline MrKiwi

• Downunder
  • New Egg
« Reply #2992 on: April 08, 2020, 11:47:03 PM »
Three Kiwis on this page alone! :thumb:

Welcome to the madness guys. 

Off @ 90, were you at the Tattley Rappet at Mot on Labour Weekend?  Nice and close to home.  I was born and bred in Golden Bay, and spent a couple of years at Nelson College.

Hi Muzz
2014 California

Online Dave Swanson

• Gaggle Hero
  • Northern Illinois USA
« Reply #2993 on: April 09, 2020, 03:31:59 PM »
Hello,
      My name is Rawle, I live in Utah and I'm 35. I'm on my third Guzzi, 10th motor cycle. My first guzzi was an mgx 21, after 8 months and 15000 miles I was hit by a van in the middle of December. I loved my 1400 so much I replaced it then picked up a griso to go with it.(500 miles to the nearest dealer got to have one to ride if I have to work on the other). I met a few of you in person  on a ride in Utah in September 2018 and I've found this forum to be an excellent resource in maintaining the guzzi's . I look forward to getting advise on problems and maybe helping on some of yours.

Welcome Rawle!  Sorry about the crash.  Glad you are still going strong. 
Dave Swanson - Northern IL
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
1993 1000S - Sparklehorse
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2016 Griso SE - Beetle-ized
2021 V7-850 Stone Centenario
2022 V85TT Guardia d'Onore
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

Offline John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #2994 on: April 10, 2020, 07:31:32 PM »
John A 
Hager City,  Wi - 2 miles east of Redwing,MN
Retired aviation mechanic
My hot rod Bassa is getting long in the tooth with 160K miles so I’m looking for a replacement that I can put a sidecar on.  Doesn’t have to be a Guzzi but I haven’t found anything I like as well.
My lovely wife has an ‘02 Stone and a V65C
I’ve learned a lot here, some of it might even be correct  :evil:
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline guzzighost

• New Egg
« Reply #2995 on: April 11, 2020, 05:32:48 PM »
Hello All,
Hope everyone is doing well in these challenging times.

Asad, 32, Software Engineer, Connecticut.
Ride a 2010 v7 Cafe Classic.
Excited to be part of this group.

Offline Anton

• New Egg
    • Motorcycle Windshields
« Reply #2996 on: April 14, 2020, 04:11:01 AM »
Hey there, newbie from Chicago, 28 yo. I wanted to start looking for a new bike but in current world situations i will have to wait a bit I think xD
Greetings and stay healthy !!!

How to keep your head free from air blast ? How to clean motorcycle windscreen ? Is windshield Honda GL 1500 GOLDWING ? Where can i buy top quality motorcycle windscreens and motorcycle deflectors for Honda GL 1500 GOLDWING ? https://www.motorcyclescreens.eu/home/557-honda-gl-1500-goldwing-1987-2000-standard-screen Visit Motorcyclescreens.eu where you will find all answers and windscreens for all popular brands and most models, go and check it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 03:06:59 AM by Anton »

Offline captainzman

• New Egg
« Reply #2997 on: April 15, 2020, 12:50:02 PM »
Hello, my name is Mark and I am currently living on Pine Island in SWFL. I am 65, a retired marine engineer/merchant mariner, sometime charter boat operator. I just bought the first Guzzi ever in my life but I do credit Moto Guzzi for my lifelong (so far) passion for Italian motorcycles.  Over 40 years ago, I had my heart set on a new '77 850 LeMans at a dealership in Baltimore.  I returned a few days later only to find out that it had been sold!  I consoled myself by trading in my '75 Honda 400-4 for the new Ducati SD 900 Darmah that appeared in the same spot on the showroom floor soon afterwards. I've owned seven more Ducs since then and a bunch of other bikes and maxi-scooters. Oh right, so what did I buy? A 2017 V9 Roamer with a little over 200 miles on the clock. The story was that a typical old SWFL rich dude bought it and din't like like the torque steer and traded for a Triumph at Stu's,our local Triumph dealer. Both keys but no owners manual and no connection to the previous owner, but very well priced, probably due to the lack of MG dealers here and, mostly, to Covid19. To wit, I was the only non-employee in the fancy new building during the three hours that I was there. So I guess I will be perusing the forum for a download of the manual and other tips. All of my helmets and other gear are up in NC where I am moving so I've only ridden it 20 miles since I got it this morning but I love it.  Just flat out love it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:17:35 PM by captainzman »

Offline TexMexStrada

• New Egg
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2998 on: April 18, 2020, 11:32:45 AM »
Howdy Folks!
I'm Matt from sun-kissed deep South Texas (southern tip of the state, right on the Rio Grande). I've been part of the Guzzi life for the past 12 months & 10K miles. After H-D, BMW, and Ducati I wanted to experience more of the essence of motorcycling, so I ended up on a V7III Stone that I'm slowly but surely converting into a sports tourer with ambitions to crisscross the continent in the coming years after getting it dialed in crisscrossing Texas.

I enjoy messing with accessories and fiddling with oem parts, so I hope to contribute insights on bike enhancements to the group. 

TexMexStrada
2018 V7III Stone
TexMexStrada

2018 V7III Stone

Offline Tinus89

• New Egg
« Reply #2999 on: April 21, 2020, 05:16:23 AM »
Hello everyone!

I'm Martijn, 30yrs old and from the Netherlands.
My father got me the love for Italian bikes.
For daily driving I own an Aprilia Caponord (ETV1000) and I also have a lovely V11 Rosso Mandello (not limited edition) :gotpics:

For the V11 and Capo I usually stick to their specialty forums.

As a project, I've just purchased a V65 Florida with the idea of converting it into a cafe racer. As I will have some questions regarding that bike, I've reactivated my account here.
I've already made a topic here with a question: https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=105374.0

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here