Author Topic: RatGuzzi aka JB **merged topics**  (Read 6607 times)

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Re: RatGuzzi aka JB
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2021, 01:21:07 PM »
This is the saddest thing you will see today. https://i3g3v3x7.rocketcdn.me/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/FBOqiIIXEAEllRW-scaled.jpg Where ever John is now, I hope they have a good supply of Gringo Bandito Hot Sauce. Ride on, Ratguzzi!

WOW, GRIPPING PHOTO  :cry:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline G5

• New Egg
    • MotoGuzziGuy
Re: RatGuzzi aka JB **merged topics**
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2021, 01:23:38 PM »
John could really ride. His high-energy love of life was wonderful, and contagious.
---Al
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
2008 Aprilia Scarabeo 200
2017 Royal Enfield 500

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2021, 01:34:00 PM »
Like Steve said, and I heard him say several times, when it comes his time to go, that's pretty much how he wanted to go.  We all just wish it wasn't so dam soon.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2021, 03:56:16 PM »
***MG Members***
It’s a good time for all of us to offer our condolences and mentions of the times and adventures we had with JB.
However it’s really not the time and place for discussion about the pros and cons of riding equipment or riding techniques or habits.
Let’s use this time to remember the laughter and joys we spend with our friend and fellow WG family member.
Thanks MG family.

Dan
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 05:52:42 PM by Ncdan »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2021, 03:56:16 PM »

Offline lazlokovacs

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2021, 04:49:18 PM »
wow, never met the guy, but loved his posts and his bikes.

This is the most sobering event of my motorcycling life, I can barely look at that photo of the wreck that someone posted!!!

Condolences to his family

and best wishes to JB where ever you are

RIDE SAFE EVERYONE

Offline krglorioso

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2021, 10:20:28 PM »
***MG Members***
It’s a good time for all of us to offer our condolences and mentions of the times and adventures we had with JB.
However it’s really not the time and place for discussion about the pros and cons of riding equipment or riding techniques or habits.
Let’s use this time to remember the laughter and joys we spend with our friend and fellow WG family member.
Thanks MG family.

Dan

Amen, Dan.
Ralph
Ralph
"You don't stop riding because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding".

2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
2017 Honda CB-500F
2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Online grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2021, 10:09:18 AM »
It is very sobering to comprehend that JB is gone from this life.  I guess I must have lived somewhat vicariously through his exploits and writings over the years.  This hits home harder than I thought.  It brings to mind that I cannot ride on forever and ever, no matter what I think.  My wife reminds me that no one escapes this life alive.  I recall a famous someone once saying something like:  "surely I thought there would be an exception made for me"  I realize that there are no exceptions.  I am glad our paths crossed JB.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 01:27:11 PM by grebmrof »
'22 Royal Enfield Int650
'08 Triumph Bonneville T100

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2021, 01:43:54 PM »
JB about 8-10 years back at the Junction northern IL breakfast, January.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 01:44:34 PM by bad Chad »
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2021, 04:42:53 PM »
Do me a big favor. Please send a card as I know his daughter would appreciate getting a card from his many friends. From my own experience I can not stress enough how much a card means. It means you could take the time to show you cared.

Thanks very much,
Tex

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2021, 04:49:11 PM »
So sorry to hear the news.  His riding exploits posted here were legendary and entertaining. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2021, 06:21:20 PM »
Folks, John's daughter will soon have an obituary out, you can then learn all we need to know from that.
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline adaven

• 2024 Board Donor
  • Hatchling
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2021, 06:30:36 PM »
I was doing a search for information on an EV oil breather issue and the first post that came up was one of Ratguzzi's brilliant mods. Broke my heart, but made me smile.

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2021, 06:51:49 PM »
Do me a big favor. Please send a card as I know his daughter would appreciate getting a card from his many friends. From my own experience I can not stress enough how much a card means. It means you could take the time to show you cared.

Thanks very much,
Tex

Good advice Turnip.  What is the name of his daughter?
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2021, 09:16:28 PM »
******PLEASE READ****
I have removed the last post on this thread that I wish to deal with.
Please, do not offer any opinions as to what riding equipment should have or should not have been used. Nor opinions as to the picture which has been posted and now removed. These types of subjects injected into this thread is generating strong responses of rebukes and disputes between members.
I realize there are some of you who are devastated over JBs demise but arguments over certain aspects of the accident is causing more distress and pain than it’s healing.
All members are welcome to offer their condolences and recalled adventures with the passed member.
Please, respect this tragic event and stop the division among yourselves over particular reasons that may or may not have been the cause of his fatality. 

Dan
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 08:24:23 AM by Ncdan »

Offline bikeridertim

• Gosling
  • Just ride it!
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2021, 09:38:39 PM »
I never had the pleasure.
Condolences to his family.
RIP JB  :sad:
2017 MOTO GUZZI MGX-21
1999 MOTO GUZZI EV11
1973 MOTO GUZZI ELDORODO
MGNOC L-201
AMA LIFE MEMBER 543509
IRON BUTT 12038

We struggle our whole lives so that we don’t have to struggle.  Huzo

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2021, 08:38:04 AM »
John Allen Boettcher, 62 of Wonder Lake, IL passed away surrounded by his loving family on October 14th, 2021. John was born February 17th, 1959 in Chicago, IL to William and Helen (Leland) Boettcher. He is survived by his daughter, Jennea Boettcher and granddog Tank of Walworth, WI, ex-wife Susanne Boettcher of Walworth, WI, siblings Ken Boettcher (Paula) of Wonder Lake, IL, Diane Price (Tony) of Christopher, IL, Mark Boettcher (Kathy) of Spring Grove, IL, and Gina Gardner (Todd) of Holiday Hills, IL; and by many loving nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by his niece Katie Boettcher, father William Boettcher, mother Helen Boettcher, former father-in-law Ray Schumer, and dear friend Dave Marvin.

John grew up in Holiday Hills, IL and graduated in 1977 from McHenry West High School. A strong work ethic and natural skill in science, math, and mechanics paved the way for him to become a successful senior field service engineer for the past 17 years at Seco-Warwick. John had previously worked at Watlow in Richmond, IL and Marathon in McHenry, IL where he made many lasting friendships. For many years he also worked part time as a freelance photographer.

An experienced traveler for both work and recreation, John traveled the world on many different motorcycles, but primarily his 1976 Moto Guzzi Eldorado. His favorite musical artist was Bob Dylan and he also greatly enjoyed watching local blues musicians.

A visitation will be held at Justen Funeral Home 3700 Charles J. MIller Memorial HWY McHenry, IL on Sunday October 24th from 1pm to 3pm. In lieu of flowers, the family would appreciate donations to the charities Moto F.A.M. or McHenry County PADS.

Charlie

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2021, 01:33:05 PM »
Strange, when I was reading his obit, Bob Dylan started playing on the radio.  Sad.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Online jrt

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2021, 06:23:48 PM »
John Allen Boettcher, 62 of Wonder Lake, IL passed away surrounded by his loving family on October 14th, 2021. John was born February 17th, 1959 in Chicago, IL to William and Helen (Leland) Boettcher. He is survived by his daughter, Jennea Boettcher and granddog Tank of Walworth, WI, ex-wife Susanne Boettcher of Walworth, WI, siblings Ken Boettcher (Paula) of Wonder Lake, IL, Diane Price (Tony) of Christopher, IL, Mark Boettcher (Kathy) of Spring Grove, IL, and Gina Gardner (Todd) of Holiday Hills, IL; and by many loving nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by his niece Katie Boettcher, father William Boettcher, mother Helen Boettcher, former father-in-law Ray Schumer, and dear friend Dave Marvin.

John grew up in Holiday Hills, IL and graduated in 1977 from McHenry West High School. A strong work ethic and natural skill in science, math, and mechanics paved the way for him to become a successful senior field service engineer for the past 17 years at Seco-Warwick. John had previously worked at Watlow in Richmond, IL and Marathon in McHenry, IL where he made many lasting friendships. For many years he also worked part time as a freelance photographer.

An experienced traveler for both work and recreation, John traveled the world on many different motorcycles, but primarily his 1976 Moto Guzzi Eldorado. His favorite musical artist was Bob Dylan and he also greatly enjoyed watching local blues musicians.

A visitation will be held at Justen Funeral Home 3700 Charles J. MIller Memorial HWY McHenry, IL on Sunday October 24th from 1pm to 3pm. In lieu of flowers, the family would appreciate donations to the charities Moto F.A.M. or McHenry County PADS.

Thanks Charlie.  That's a nice picture of the JB that I remember.  Although, I wonder where that gray hair came from?
L-720
1973 Eldorado
2003 Yardbird (1100 hydro)
2020 R1250RS

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2021, 06:31:54 PM »
A life well lived with many, many friends. He passed as a rich man. Goodspeed.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Offline brider

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2021, 07:39:41 PM »
My heartfelt condolences to his family on his passing, and it's a true bummer to us all. I ALMOST met him one day when I happened across his unique Eldo in the parking lot of Sikorsky Aircraft probably 10 yrs ago, where he was apparently visiting for work, and where I worked (and still do). Not recognizing it, I took pics of his amazing ride and posted them on this site, where he fessed up pretty quickly. We explained pleasantries in that thread, and I probably have some old PM's. He impressed me immediately, and those are the people you remember. Godspeed, Jim, way too soon.
'85 Cal II Auto
'71 Ambo project
'02 GasGas EC300
'07 Norge
Wish'd I'd never sold:
'72 Red Eldo
'74 White Eldo LAPD
'77 Convert with DB bags
'06 Gas Gas EC300
'86 LM IV

Offline Semper-guzzi

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2021, 09:35:43 PM »
RIP John. We will surely miss your stories!
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

2003 California Aluminum RiP :(
2001 Jackal :)

Offline Greg Field

• Gaggle Hero
  • The Signs Foretell the Rise of a Guzzi Lama . . .
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2021, 12:31:28 AM »
Godspeed, JB., we had some good times.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 10:22:32 AM by Ncdan »

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2021, 01:03:43 AM »
I never met JB, but he was legendary.

I know it's no or little comfort to his friends, family and acquaintances, but JB's untimely demise reminds me of the recent passing of David Olney, doing what he loved doing, on stage, performing, and between songs, off he went.

I'm sure JB wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Rip

2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Offline Moto Fugazzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waiting on a sign from God, or a nod from hell.
    • Griso
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2021, 09:48:41 AM »
I just saw this. I've met him several times (once at his house, and once while he was working in Milwaukee). Such a great guy, and he might be the most interesting man I ever met, and I mean that in the best way possible! He will be missed!
Ken
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 10:20:05 AM by Ncdan »
Ken
2004 V11 Cafe Sport
2009 V7C White
2007 Griso Black-Sold
1978 V50 II Blue-Sold

Offline motogoro

• Hatchling
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2021, 12:18:05 PM »
Helen and I are driving down to McHenry for the visitation tomorrow. 

https://justenfh.com/obituary/john-allen-boettcher/
Steve M. in SE WI
WMGR 193
MGNOC L-553

Offline JediMasterII

• New Egg
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2021, 03:40:56 PM »
This is a picture of John taken at Rosefarm Classics on January 2, 2010.

We will miss you JB!

Don C. in Northern, IL
Lurker Extraordinaire

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here