Author Topic: V7 Racer, how to drain the gas tank?  (Read 3071 times)

Offline WHY

• New Egg
V7 Racer, how to drain the gas tank?
« on: July 03, 2015, 11:14:40 AM »
Planning to replace the air filter (might as well the fuel filter) and work on a few things on my 2011 V7 Racer. How do i drain the gas tank before removing it? I can ride it as close as to empty but how to I drain the last bit out?
2011 V7 Racer

Vasco DG

Re: V7 Racer, how to drain the gas tank?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 11:36:21 AM »
Remove tank, remove filler cap, invert.

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 12:02:08 PM »
if you ride it almost empty, why would you need to drain it any further to do the needed maint?  Basically the only reason you want it drained is so it's not heavy & unweildy to remove from the bike...  if you run it down to a half gallon anyway, you won't need to drain it to remove it
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline Jurgen

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 06:15:36 PM »
When I take a fuel tank off any bike I like to have it as empty as possible to make it as light as possible and to prevent any spillage (in case).  I bought a little clear hose and red rubber squeeze pump syphon device from the auto supply store (for about $3) and insert the hose tip into the lowest part of the tank and squeeze to start the syphon action.  Other end goes into the gas can.  The hose is clear vinyl and has a curl.  I tie it to a straightened clothes hangar wire and direct the end into the lowest part of the tank.  Get's the last little drop.  Jürgen
Jurgen

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 06:15:36 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here