Author Topic: SS brake lines (New toy issue)  (Read 463 times)

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
    • Virginia Moto Guzzi Owners Club
SS brake lines (New toy issue)
« on: May 06, 2019, 03:02:22 PM »
Taking the front end of the new toy (03 V11 Sport) apart for fork seal replacement. This bike has risers & a low rise handlebar replacing the clip-ons. I notice that the forks have been raised an inch in the triple trees. THEN I see that the longer brake lines that were installed for the bar change are not quiiiite long enough. Even w/the shortened forks, when the bike was raised to remove the front wheel the brake lines were stretched to the absolute max. NOT good.  So, where is the best place to buy the bits necessary to make up a new longer front brake line set?  I made up lines for my Eldo dual disc conversion, but it's been so long ago I don't remember where I ordered the line & fittings.
Thanks,
Ron   
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
    • Virginia Moto Guzzi Owners Club
Re: SS brake lines (New toy issue)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 04:20:38 PM »
 DUH! shudda looked first. After spending some quality time in the Sport shop manual posted on the "This Old Tractor" website, it turns out the forks are supposed to be protruding from the top of the triple tree. In fact, the measurements on this bike are 27.1 & 27.6 mm. According to the book they should be 36 mm. I am going to go back & make sure I'm reading that right for remounting the forks after the seals & fresh fluid. Rule 1: "When all else fails read the directions"
Ron
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here