Author Topic: Assen TT  (Read 768 times)

Online LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
Assen TT
« on: June 30, 2019, 10:09:37 AM »
another good one.  bar to bar ....  99 is out for a month for practice crash. 

Great weekend for racing with MGP and AFT

MotoGP seems to have great racing every race.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online ScepticalScotty

• Gaggle Hero
  • Banjo pickin' bagpipe playin' fool
    • South East Massive
Re: Assen TT
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 10:52:09 AM »
Sounds a good one - catching the highlights later as I'm only free to air. Moto3 is a favourite class of mine, as I love singles. And close racing.
Scotty

My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
Thomas Paine

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 01:32:31 PM »
Certainly enjoyed that race...FQ seemed to be struggling with an odd tank slapper from time to time on his bike.  Masterful riding by Vin~ales and Marquez as always.

Poor Doctor...not a great set of last 10 races...5 DNF's...having a hard time this year indeed.
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline Zinfan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 03:25:24 PM »
I was hoping for more cutting and dicing at the front like last year but Rins going out early didn't help with that.  Still in all a good race and while a MM93 fan I'm glad to see others at the sharp end mixing it up, good on Dovi for at least minimizing the damage from a poor qualification position.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 03:25:24 PM »

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 03:45:19 PM »
Glad to see 12 get a top step after the bad luck with others taking him out so often recently. I can't help but being excited for 20, as he seems really happy to be there. 4 and 9 really got good starts with that hole shot device (or is it just hype and they launched well?) and showed good pace. Sucked for 42 to go down after such a good start and while leading. Who would have thought 3 of the top 5 finishers would be Yamahas , even though they mostly did well in practice and qualifying.

Fun to see the young guys being competitive.  Can't wait for next week in the 'Ring.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here