Author Topic: Need advice removing & installing left and right 1200 Sport centerstand brackets  (Read 973 times)

Online willowstreetguzziguy

• Gaggle Hero
In 2008, the 1200 Sport did not come with a centerstand. :sad: It was an option the original owner of this bike declined.  Having lived and loved this bike for the past 3 years, I couldn't take it any more.

So six weeks ago, I put out an S.O.S. plea here for anyone that had a used centerstand. In "beautifully reliable" fashion, a member here (THANK YOU) contacted me that he had a brand new centerstand he would sell me ...but he didn't have the other parts, just the center stand. I was happy!

Moto International had some parts and had to order others I needed. I now have every part I need except detailed instructions. Installing the centerstand onto the two brackets looks straight forward.

The difficult part seems to be removing the left & right existing plates (stock ones don't have holes for center stand, new ones do) and installing the new ones. Ive been told to remove and not to remove the L & R "pork chops". Also been told to jack up the engine slightly to take some of the weight off of the frame when removing the bolts in the frame. Pictures would be an added bonus but not necessary.

Has anyone removed and installed these two plates? If you could give me some detailed instructions on the best procedure, I would greatly appreciate your response and time. 
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here