Author Topic: From RoadRunner to Freight Train  (Read 1075 times)

Offline willowstreetguzziguy

• Gaggle Hero
From RoadRunner to Freight Train
« on: April 11, 2018, 03:01:43 PM »
Replaced my stock 1200 Sport RoadRunner meep meep horn with a 2-piece (compressor & dual horns) Denali Sound Bomb air horns. Mounted both in front of the engine and behind the front fender. Easy install. Made my own mounting brackets to get both parts snugly up and away from the fender , under the oil cooler. Ordered the "Plug n Play" wiring harness. Cost was about $78 for horns & harness.

It's L O U D!!! like a Freight Train!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:04:49 PM by willowstreetguzziguy »
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
Re: From RoadRunner to Freight Train
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 03:21:28 PM »
Replaced my stock 1200 Sport RoadRunner meep meep horn with a 2-piece (compressor & dual horns) Denali Sound Bomb air horns. Mounted both in front of the engine and behind the front fender. Easy install. Made my own mounting brackets to get both parts snugly up and away from the fender , under the oil cooler. Ordered the "Plug n Play" wiring harness. Cost was about $78 for horns & harness.

It's L O U D!!! like a Freight Train!

Good for you!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :cool: :1: - There is nothing worse than a weak, pathetic HORN on any vehicle!!

All my motorcycle friends bust my stones about upgrading the horns on ALL my motorcycles, but the reality is, I can FART louder than most stock horns!! :shocked: :laugh: :grin: :wink:

Therefore, I did the same as you, by adding a STEIBEL Nautilus "Air Cannon" on my 2014 Victory Vision, and dual, HELLA German horns on my '98 Centauro GT.

The first time I BLASTED a guy, (...and the STEIBEL Air Cannon is as loud as a freight train horn!!), in a large Cadillac Esplanade SUV, he dropped his cell phone! :thumb: 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:22:44 PM by JJ »
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline willowstreetguzziguy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 05:12:41 PM »
Good for you!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :cool: :1: - There is nothing worse than a weak, pathetic HORN on any vehicle!!

All my motorcycle friends bust my stones about upgrading the horns on ALL my motorcycles, but the reality is, I can FART louder than most stock horns!! :shocked: :laugh: :grin: :wink:

Therefore, I did the same as you, by adding a STEIBEL Nautilus "Air Cannon" on my 2014 Victory Vision, and dual, HELLA German horns on my '98 Centauro GT.

Nice. You know LOUD! because your Nautlus Air Cannon looks identical to the 1-piece Denali SoundBomb

The first time I BLASTED a guy, (...and the STEIBEL Air Cannon is as loud as a freight train horn!!), in a large Cadillac Esplanade SUV, he dropped his cell phone! :thumb:
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 05:18:28 PM »
QUOTENice. You know LOUD! because your Nautlus Air Cannon looks identical to the 1-piece Denali SoundBomb

It is really, REALLY LOUD!  They advertise that it can be heard 8 blocks away!!! :thumb: :1: :cool:

The Air Cannon!!!  Well worth the $50-$60 I spent for the Vision!! :wink: :thumb: :cool:

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 05:20:44 PM by JJ »
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 05:18:28 PM »

twowings

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 06:05:37 PM »
'All my motorcycle friends bust my stones about upgrading the horns on ALL my motorcycles, but the reality is, I can FART louder than most stock horns!! :shocked: :laugh: :grin: :wink:'

I'm pretty sure no one is going to call you on that...no need to demonstrate... :shocked:

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 09:39:51 AM »
'All my motorcycle friends bust my stones about upgrading the horns on ALL my motorcycles, but the reality is, I can FART louder than most stock horns!! :shocked: :laugh: :grin: :wink:'

I'm pretty sure no one is going to call you on that...no need to demonstrate... :shocked:

Add this classic to your library!!  (From one of our Founding Fathers!!)  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Diploman

• "The future just ain't what it used to be." Yogi
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 11:06:42 AM »
I have a Denali Soundbomb Split on my V50 - it is effective!  In many instances the horn's penetrating dual tone is the only way to get the attention and influence the behavior of cagers with windows up and distracted by texting, phone, stereo, GPS, etc.  I use it often as a pre-emptive tactic, rather than an emergency measure.  Loud horns are an important feature of all my bikes - I won't ride without them.
1980 V50 II, lightly cafe'd, much modernized
1983 SP 1000 NT (Under Upgrade/Modification)
2015 KTM 390 Duke

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here