Author Topic: V85 TT Travel (TFT/Onboard computer)  (Read 1863 times)

Offline dave1068

• Gaggle Mentor
V85 TT Travel (TFT/Onboard computer)
« on: April 14, 2021, 04:32:20 PM »
Hey all,

Im back with Moto Guzzi, bought the V85 TT Travel today and will pick up in a few days or when no rain in forecast.

Took bike out for test ride and no concerns, I did notice the onboard computer is pretty detailed. I tried searching youtube for a primer or quick run through of all the functions but couldnt find one specifically for that.

If anyone happens to have one or has any tips feel free to reply. I know the dealer will go over it with me when I pick up but would like to get a little knowledge beforehand. I saw some info online like to change the ride mode you have to actually use the starter button and scroll done, etc

Thanks and looking forward to getting back to a MG on its 100th anniversary-
Dave
-2020 Moto Guzzi V85tt travel

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: V85 TT Travel (TFT/Onboard computer)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 05:08:43 PM »
Yeah that’s right about the ride mode. When the engine is running, you just tap the starter (...!) and you’ll see the display scrolling through the three modes.
I never bother changing mine, always on “road”.

Offline dave1068

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 07:14:21 PM »
Thanks for the tip, any other tips or are they all pretty easy? I know it has bluetooth and you can set up your phone, gps and several other things, I usually do the usual, tach, gas gauge, top speed/avg speed and mpg reset and time if not too complicated lol
Dave

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 07:40:40 PM »
Thanks for the tip, any other tips or are they all pretty easy? I know it has bluetooth and you can set up your phone, gps and several other things, I usually do the usual, tach, gas gauge, top speed/avg speed and mpg reset and time if not too complicated lol
I haven’t bothered to work mine out.
Just the two trip meters and put the units into metric.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 07:40:40 PM »

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
  • Eric - MGNOC NJ Rep - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 07:51:58 PM »
I found the owner's manual surprisingly easy to follow - it's just a little difficult to remember at first. Sit on the bike with the manual open on the tank and run through the options a couple times. A little practice / repetition and you'll be fine.
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 07:54:16 PM »

Bluetooth is an option. Did you get the option?
My understanding is that it doesn't do a lot anyway, so I'm not going to get it.

I like my gadgets, but the dash is almost TOO busy with info. I've finally been able to do a couple of long rides, and I am getting used to it. The most annoying thing for me right now is the blinking green LED for when you kick off the cruise control. You see the blinking green, and think you left the turn signal on, but it is the cruise control. Other then that, I am getting used to most everything else.

Now to get out my 'least direct route' GPS software to help me find some out of the way trails to ride.

Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline dave1068

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 08:10:12 PM »
Thanks for the tips, Im usually pretty good reading the manual while on the bike provided its written well, I noticed the flashing light on the test ride as well, I read some replies and most complain about that function. I believe the Travel model has the most inclusive onboard computer
Dave

Offline Phil/TX

• Gosling
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 09:04:14 PM »
There will be lots of lights blinking on break in, as the rpm is set at 4500. But that’s 75 mph in 6 th. Also when you pull in the clutch, the gear indicator goes away, at least that is on my 2020.
"You will seldom regret what you have done, but you will always regret what you have not"
2014 V7 Special
20 Guzzi V85TT Coast Guard (super chicken)
23 V100 S Mandello ( wing man)
1973 Puch 175 Enduro
2003 BMW R 1150 RS
1972 R75/5 with sidecar

Offline dave1068

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 07:39:42 AM »
Appreciate the tips, Im sure once I get it and also read the manual it will become 2nd nature soon
Dave

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 11:05:58 AM »
You will get used to the blinking green light after a while. It is unnerving at first.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline dave1068

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2021, 03:26:12 PM »
Whats odd on all the bikes ive had that had CC, i never used it. Thanks for the info
Dave

elvisboy77

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2021, 04:37:08 PM »
CONGRATS!  You will love it.

To synch the blue tooth on your phone and headset, you need to download the moto guzzi app, the one with the eagle logo.  Then setup is pretty easy but I think you need to create an account as you go.

It is GREAT for controlling volume on my stereo, one of the existing switches works to do that.

In the menu somewhere is the alert for rev limit, it is adjustable but they want you to follow their breakin revs I am sure.

Good luck !  Post photos!

elvisboy77

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2021, 04:38:28 PM »
Bluetooth is an option. Did you get the option?
My understanding is that it doesn't do a lot anyway, so I'm not going to get it.

I like my gadgets, but the dash is almost TOO busy with info. I've finally been able to do a couple of long rides, and I am getting used to it. The most annoying thing for me right now is the blinking green LED for when you kick off the cruise control. You see the blinking green, and think you left the turn signal on, but it is the cruise control. Other then that, I am getting used to most everything else.

Now to get out my 'least direct route' GPS software to help me find some out of the way trails to ride.

The MIA or bluetooth is included with the travel model.

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2021, 04:50:01 PM »
The MIA or bluetooth is included with the travel model.

Good to know. I never did see a detailed difference list between the models when I was looking. But irrelevant to me know since I found a good used Adventure.
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 06:40:35 AM »
Would really like to hear more about your (and other's) experiences setting up and using the MIA. Thinking it may be a very useful option for my Adventure but I see mixed reviews in the Google Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.piaggio.motoguzzi
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2021, 08:32:18 AM »
Just found this topic link for the MIA: https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=105279.0
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2021, 09:38:03 AM »
Whats odd on all the bikes ive had that had CC, i never used it. Thanks for the info

I see cruise control as another tool in my arsenal.  When it is on I can now keep all of my attention on the ride instead of having to check my speed. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2021, 10:33:05 AM »
I see cruise control as another tool in my arsenal.  When it is on I can now keep all of my attention on the ride instead of having to check my speed.

And a way to give your right hand/arm a little rest now and then. This is my first bike with CC and I've forced myself to use it a couple times. Will be very nice on the slab or open roads but not sure I'll be comfortable using it elsewhere.
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

elvisboy77

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2021, 06:08:17 PM »
And a way to give your right hand/arm a little rest now and then. This is my first bike with CC and I've forced myself to use it a couple times. Will be very nice on the slab or open roads but not sure I'll be comfortable using it elsewhere.

The V85TT Cruise is better, smoother and more constant than prior bikes such as my 1400 Eldo, it would only control to plus or minus 2 or 3 mph if I recall correctly.

elvisboy77

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2021, 06:09:46 PM »
Would really like to hear more about your (and other's) experiences setting up and using the MIA. Thinking it may be a very useful option for my Adventure but I see mixed reviews in the Google Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.piaggio.motoguzzi

If you follow the instructions exactly as they are listed in the app, it works great.  You have to do it like the instructions say.  If you don't it won't synch.  Probably why it got bad reviews LOL

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2021, 01:31:40 AM »
I use mine a lot on trips, but also a surprising amount of time in outer suburban areas.
For the Aussies, like when you’re going through Taylor’s Lakes and the like. Long stretches of heavily policed 60-80 k zones, you just simply cannot get booked.
Even when you stop for a red traffic light, you just get up into the gear you want and hold the button “up” for a couple of seconds and the bike just jumps back up to your previous speed.
I’m a bigger devotee than I thought I’d be.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here