Author Topic: Southbound Loop - Where is he at?  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
Southbound Loop - Where is he at?
« on: January 03, 2015, 07:15:57 PM »
Whatever happened to Southbound Loop
When I took these pictures about 2 years ago he was heading to the airport to fly to London, bound for Russia

http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/Kiwi_Roy/slideshow/Southbound%20Loop

Immaculately prepared for the journey ;D

Someone on here used to post a progress report when he toured South America.
I'm sure he is puttering around Europe somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:22:00 PM by Kiwi_Roy »
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Online grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Southbound Loop - Where is he at?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 07:05:44 AM »
When he was on his South & Central America trip, pehayes kept us posted on his adventures.  I thought he was back home in BC or somewhere close to there after that trip.  Haven't heard anything more about him since then.  Perhaps Pete has kept in touch with him since then?
'22 Royal Enfield Int650
'08 Triumph Bonneville T100

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 08:42:54 AM »
Yes these pictures were taken after that trip, on his way to Europe.
He told me he had a home on Vancouver Island.
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

dilligaf

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 09:17:35 AM »
Isn't he home?  :BEER:
Matt

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 09:17:35 AM »

Offline pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 01:35:33 PM »
Serendipitous that this thread pops up again.   I hadn't heard from Bruce in quite some time.  He was home in British Columbia the last I knew.  Then, just in time for Christmas, I received this a few weeks ago:
---------------------------------
Hi Patrick.  Hope you are well.  I've been out of touch for quite some time.  As it's getting close to xmas I thought I would touch base with you to see what's up.  I'm over in Thailand for a few months soaking up some sunshine and good food.  I purchased an old tahiti ketch sailboat a while ago which I live on full time.  I love it.  Built in Hawaii in 1960 and covered with bronze, copper, and stainless.  I havn't heard from Paul in awhile so I'll send him one tonight hoping all is well with him.  My love to the sweet miss Regina.  All the best and merry xmas. BB     ( I still ride the guzzi daily)
-----------------------------------

It isn't exactly clear if he's on the boat in Thailand or if he's just vacationing there and the boat is back in British Columbia.  I'll clarify and post back.  At any rate, it's nice to hear that a free spirit is still wafting about.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 01:06:11 PM »
Bruce wrote back to my questions.  Only he is in Thailand, the boat and the Guzzi are still in British Columbia.  He is relaxing and trying to get control of his meds.  You will remember that he was robbed and seriously mugged in Central America.  He has nearly lost one eye.  He has regained peripheral vision in that eye, but not central focus.  The meds are intended to improve what vision he does have.  He'll return to BC when the snow melts.

Meanwhile, he's trying to coordinate with Paul Van Hooff of http://guzzigalore.nl/log/index.php.  They are trying to concoct a plan of riding the two old Guzzis across Russia.  Where to meet up and where to start and end.  Too many details as yet.  I look forward to the blogs as neither of them are particularly attentive to detail structure.  Both are free spirits.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here