Author Topic: New to me Norge  (Read 2446 times)

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: New to me Norge
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2019, 05:01:56 PM »
Osmosis as I (think) I understand it, is the process by which a substance can pass through a membrane by chemical process or due to the relative sizes of the molecules..
Anyway.
Whether the fluid is under hydraulic pressure or ambient, the air has less density so will migrate upwards if unimpeded.
Good so far..!
But.
Remember we have the pedal depressed or lever pulled in, the communication port is “incommunicado” if you will,  so the air will come into contact with a little thing called the master cylinder piston, which by all accounts can hold back fluid @ hydraulic pressures. So just to drag things back kicking and screaming to the point in question..
How in God’s green Earth is the air going to get past that piston ?
Not as long as your arse is pointing downward, unless you develop some anomaly in the system (leak), then you can pump ‘till your arse turns to parsley and you’ll not succeed.
So again, when using the “hang an anvil on the pedal” technique.
Please guys.
WHERE. DOES. THE. AIR. ESCAPE. TO..?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 05:06:42 PM by Huzo »

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2019, 05:30:00 PM »
Here is a point by point theory for ya... worth what ya paid.

- Air gets in system and the bubbles lodge in nooks and crannies of the calipers and hose fittings.
- Under compression when piston squeezes it, air bubbles collapse to a smaller size, allowing them to dislodge and migrate through the oil upwards toward the master cylinder. Thick oil causes this to take a while hence leaving under pressure overnight.
- When the piston is released, porting in the master cylinder allows the air bubbles to move on up into the reservoir air space.
- Next time the lever is pulled it is firm because the air has bled out.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Offline delrod

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2019, 06:18:52 PM »
I don't understand  color tv but I watch a lot of it. I will try it and see if any results are achieved. Does the molecular structure of the weight matter and if so why?
Doug in Pittsburg KS
2003EVT

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2019, 06:32:49 PM »
Here is a point by point theory for ya... worth what ya paid.

- Air gets in system and the bubbles lodge in nooks and crannies of the calipers and hose fittings.
- Under compression when piston squeezes it, air bubbles collapse to a smaller size, allowing them to dislodge and migrate through the oil upwards toward the master cylinder. Thick oil causes this to take a while hence leaving under pressure overnight.
- When the piston is released, porting in the master cylinder allows the air bubbles to move on up into the reservoir air space.
- Next time the lever is pulled it is firm because the air has bled out.
Worth a thought Darren.
But jeez, that’s a long bow you’re drawing..
I can’t prove you wrong though.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2019, 06:32:49 PM »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2019, 06:34:57 PM »
I don't understand  color tv but I watch a lot of it. I will try it and see if any results are achieved. Does the molecular structure of the weight matter and if so why?
Can we have that again mate..?
The “molecular structure of the weight..?”
The water is getting muddy.
A better place for Muddy Waters is a blues club.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here