Author Topic: My Cadre Cycle experience  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Thirtyaughtsix

• Gosling
My Cadre Cycle experience
« on: April 21, 2019, 03:00:52 PM »
So I'm a little late with this, 3 weeks late in fact, but on April 5th I went and picked up my v7 III Stone from Enzo in Cinci. He claims this is the very first 2019 he's sold.

In the likely event you didn't catch my other post, I was originally planning to get a 2018 leftover that Enzo thought he could get moved up from somewhere in Texas, but it turns out they didn't have a black 2018 like he thought they did so he discounted a 2019 for me down to $9000 out the door tax title and everything, I more or less got the thing tax free.

This is the 2nd bike I've ever owned so far, the first being an 850T that I restored, and the 7th overall I've ever ridden. So far it's been great, I'm just shy of 700 miles currently and I look forward to making it more my own. Not that I've ridden many bikes, but this one right out the gate is the most refined and well put together bike I've rode yet, and in a good way too. It's not too sterile to where it loses spirit and that I get bored with it. Enzo made the whole thing very pleasurable, he seems to be a man of the people and it in no way felt like a daunting purchase forced on me by a big box type dealership, although granted the shop itself has that mom and pop vibe so I'm sure that helped.

I have only a few pics currently since I'm sure we all know what a v7 III Stone looks like by now, but I snapped some quick ones that show the changes from 2018 to 2019, that I know of anyway.

Obviously brand new.

Headlight bucket ring comes from the factory black now, was chrome I believe?

I've read the eagle is "burnished" now compared to the previous years, it's hard to tell in the pic but in person it does seem more of dark/smoked/black chrome compared to just a regular chrome.

Enzo also sent me home with this, these are cutout from the 1/2'' thick cardboard boxes that the bikes themselves ship in, and he cuts them out and sends them home with suckers like me. I also got 2 blue straps that come with the bikes from Italy but I didn't bother with a pic of those. As you can see though the cutout is a nice big size, I'm hoping I can seal it in something that'll preserve it for eternity, not sure if I'll have any luck with it being cardboard though. Sage craftsman advice is welcome  :grin:
2019 V7 III Stone " Murci "
1975 850T " Guzziaughtsix "

Offline timonbik

• Gosling
Re: My Cadre Cycle experience
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 03:10:52 PM »
Nice bike, enjoy.  The cutouts will make fantastic garage art!!!

Cheers, Tim
2008 BREVA 750
2020 V85TT ADV rosso
2016 APRILIA SHIVER 750
2013 VICTORY JUDGE CUSTOM
2013 VICTORY XR CLASSIC
2006 VICTORY V92TC
2006 DUCATI MULTISTRADA 620 (IN DUCATI HEAVEN)

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 03:48:08 PM »
He seems like a damn cool guy.
Old fashioned sensibilities...
Marvellous.
I’d crawl through a mile of shit and broken glass for that sign. Even more impressive is that your Man cared enough to offer it. ‘Seems like he might have a heart in there someplace...
Somewhat of a rarity..!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 03:51:05 PM by Huzo »

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 04:13:44 PM »
Very classic looking. Welcome to the familia.

Caio.
Blue Guzz

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 04:13:44 PM »

Offline Siamese

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 04:52:42 PM »
How the hell are you going to find it in the dark?  :laugh:

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 05:25:27 PM »
30-06, coolio!  That’s the best looking Stone I have ever seen!  The subtle changes to the 19 really make a difference in the overall package. Hope you love it.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline T4halo

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 05:33:24 PM »
Really nice!!  I live 200 miles north of Cincinnati, but if I ever buy new I’ll make the drive. Their reputation is outstanding.

T4
7th & 10th SF retired

Offline alanp

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 06:04:46 PM »
Great bike.  Congrats, and thanks for sharing. 
Niwot, Colorado
'08 1200 Sport - Black
'16 V7II Stone - Black
Previous Guzzis
'07 Griso, '07 Norge, '03 California SS, '02 California SS, '02 V11 Lemans,  '83 Lemans III, '77 Lemans

Offline inditx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 06:25:36 PM »
Ah yes, nice bike from the nicest guy in the biz, Enzo at Cadre!
2 enthusiastic thumbs up!  :thumb: :thumb:

inditx
inditx

This is the day.....

Online cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2019, 06:27:51 PM »

Enzo also sent me home with this, these are cutout from the 1/2'' thick cardboard boxes that the bikes themselves ship in, and he cuts them out and sends them home with suckers like me. I also got 2 blue straps that come with the bikes from Italy but I didn't bother with a pic of those. As you can see though the cutout is a nice big size, I'm hoping I can seal it in something that'll preserve it for eternity, not sure if I'll have any luck with it being cardboard though. Sage craftsman advice is welcome  :grin:

Depending upon your hanging environment, you can leave the cardboard as is, seal with a decoupage product like modge podge or frame it.  If you try to attach clear adhesive film to protect it, it will be ok until the adhesive ages, the film/cardboard changes dimensions or both.  That may take a long time but ??.  How it is supported while hung will also impact longevity.  Framing may not necessarily be "cool" but it protects an item in many ways.  If the frame is trimmed to approximate the outline,

Another option is to have it scanned and printed full size on either metal (best) or corrugated plastic at your local willing sign shop.  selling them is not cool, but doing one to hang in your personal shop probably isn't going to bring out the lawyers.
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX3YmQel_Q
http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio YuoTube Channel-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifz

Offline Thirtyaughtsix

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 01:30:08 PM »
Thanks everyone, really appreciate the positive vibes  :grin: it's nice knowing others are excited about my bike along with me.

Offline Rhodan

• Gosling
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 01:36:56 PM »
 :thumb:  A fun bike and that Guzzi sign is a really nice bonus!

Cadre Cycle did right by you in a number of ways.

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 02:12:44 PM »
I hate that guy.
He made me drive 400 miles to get my bike.    :thumb:

I think I'm heading back for another one.
 :bike-037:

Seriously though, it's a great place to do business

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS ! on your new bike.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2019, 05:08:21 PM »
:thumb:  A fun bike and that Guzzi sign is a really nice bonus!

Cadre Cycle did right by you in a number of ways.

Enzo rocks..  :thumb: I will guarantee you that if I were looking for a new bike, I wouldn't look elsewhere. Period.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Jimy

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2019, 06:21:09 PM »
I have the same cardboard cutout from the V7 I bought a couple years ago.  It was my idea as I watched them uncrate it for me.  I just hung it on my inside garage wall and it's appearance has not changed.  I left the "Made in Italy" in place just like yours, but I sometimes wonder if it would look better (and a bit less like cardboard) if I removed it and just had the oval.

Jim

Offline Thirtyaughtsix

• Gosling
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 09:00:12 AM »
Oh also, I forgot to mention that my bike came with an all metal fuel filter, not sure the brand but I know it said "Made in Germany" on it, fwiw. I wasn't sure if that was a new to 2019 thing or if Guzzi themselves had already addressed the issue of the half plastic ones potentially swelling up, or whatever else the case may be.

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 09:50:11 AM »
:thumb:  Congrats on your new, quite lovely ride! 

I would go to your local hardware store and get a sheet of plexiglass, most will cut to size, predrill some holes and sandwich the cutout between the garage wall and the plexi.  Or you could go whole-hog with a raised frame backed with color-changing LEDs!

:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline i HONK

• Gosling
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 10:43:57 AM »
My recent experience with Cadre & Enzo was fantastic! I ordered a set of Agostini mufflers for my 2014 V7 Racer and couldn't be more pleased with their service in getting these to me in record time. Just a big WOW and are they nice.........

Randy Peterson
Randy Peterson MGNOC L-782  100k mile award
N. Mi. MGNOC Rep
2007 Red Norge (100,000+ miles)
2000 Champagne/Blue Quota (2008 St. Augustine Concurs de Elegance award of merit)
2014 V7 Racer
1965 Zigolo Restoration Project

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2019, 06:21:29 PM »
Ooh.. shiny  :cool: :boozing:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2019, 06:52:56 PM »
Congrats!   :thumb:
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Online Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2019, 08:31:03 PM »
Great story and bike! Congrats, and hope you have many miles on that beauty. I like the new side cover logo.

A couple ideas for that awesome Guzzi Logo, you could paste it on a backer board and frame it in a large poster frame, the big chain craft stores should have them.  You could also buy clear contact paper in a roll and laminate/seal it.
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Offline Thirtyaughtsix

• Gosling
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2019, 08:34:51 AM »
Great story and bike! Congrats, and hope you have many miles on that beauty. I like the new side cover logo.

A couple ideas for that awesome Guzzi Logo, you could paste it on a backer board and frame it in a large poster frame, the big chain craft stores should have them.  You could also buy clear contact paper in a roll and laminate/seal it.

I'm kinda wondering if I could dip the whole thing in a pool of acrylic sealer or something to seal it airtight and make it everything proof for all of eternity, but I'm not sure how cardboard would react to that. Not sure if I could laminate it correctly with it being a half inch thick, I feel like it couldn't be done but I've been wrong before. I do want to keep away from adhesives, I agree that they'll give out after some time

Offline Rick in WNY

• Gosling
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2019, 01:18:06 PM »
There's a local event held every summer, the "Cardboard Boat Regatta" and yes, the rules are the boats construction must be 100% cardboard.

Anywho, they use a lot of paint to weatherproof the boats, so I did some looking and found this.

Rick

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-make-cardboard-waterproof
Guzzi Owner since May 20, 2017
  2004 California Titanium

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2019, 02:38:18 PM »
How the hell are you going to find it in the dark?  :laugh:

On my Special I've reflective rim tape on the wheels. Shine a torch in the campsite & wave it around - the rims jump out of the dark - ah! There it is. Works a treat.

If you go camping (or shopping), the OEM rear rack, the large one, is recommended - sturdily built, comes in black.

Congrats on the new pride & joy. Have fun.
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Offline Thirtyaughtsix

• Gosling
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2019, 05:41:13 PM »
There's a local event held every summer, the "Cardboard Boat Regatta" and yes, the rules are the boats construction must be 100% cardboard.

Anywho, they use a lot of paint to weatherproof the boats, so I did some looking and found this.

Rick

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-make-cardboard-waterproof

Cool, thank you for this. Hopefully I can find some good craft tutorials on YouTube

On my Special I've reflective rim tape on the wheels. Shine a torch in the campsite & wave it around - the rims jump out of the dark - ah! There it is. Works a treat.

If you go camping (or shopping), the OEM rear rack, the large one, is recommended - sturdily built, comes in black.

Congrats on the new pride & joy. Have fun.

I like this idea too, they make a normally invisible tape that lights up silver when shined upon in the dark right? That would be cool, would like to preserve the all black everything if possible  :cool:

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here