Author Topic: NGC Audio book  (Read 297 times)

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
NGC Audio book
« on: February 16, 2021, 11:30:16 AM »
Those of you who have enjoyed my motorcycle writing and enjoy a good book but are too lazy to read for yourselves. my latest work, which, other the the briefest references to an old Guzzi is not motorcycle related
is now available as an Audiobook on Audible, Amazon and iTunes.

Here are a couple of early reviews:

A Charming Modern Day Fable
A slightly supernatural novella which will charm readers who enjoy historical mysteries.
It all begins with a discovery of old bones, but there’s little sinister about the ghosts of the title. Instead the relentless march of modern development adopts the role of the villain as a new housing development encroaches on the sacred land of a First Nations burial ground. The story zigzags across the centuries, following the fate of pioneer settlers and those who came before them in Ontario’s backwood wilderness.
The author brings these historical characters and their contemporary counterparts vividly to life – and provides intriguing insights into the world of an everyday archaeologist to boot. A story with real soul, and an appreciation of the natural world, this is a thoroughly enjoyable and pleasingly positive modern-day fable.

Couldn't put it down; a cover to cover experience
Although well known in motorcycling circles for his accounts of life in the Canadian wilderness, astride his Moto-Guzzi motorcycles (under the Nick Adams name) this is a first and perhaps slightly autobiographical novella in which Adams cannot resist having a key character riding his motorcycle to an archaeological dig in the forests of Ontario. The story that develops is compelling, and it was a book that I could not put down until it was finished. This isn't some heavyweight tome full of complex characters, plots or intrigue. It's a simple story, much along the same lines as a good old fashioned Western by the likes of L'Amour or Grey, with characters who are simply painted but convincing. You feel an empathy with them, whether they be real or spiritual, and although you may need to suspend disbelief occasionally, that doesn't detract from the experience. It would have been easy to pad out the pages by fleshing out both characters and storyline, but I don't feel that would add anything to the whole, because this is all about the story itself, and embellishing it would be a distraction. You feel you know and understand the main characters, the location and the 'feel' of the place, so it's easy to become immersed in the experience. A very satisfying read. More please!

https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Ghosts-of-Holleford-Lake-Audiobook/B08WJSD3LY?

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here