Author Topic: Take a Monday morning break (oops..Tuesday)  (Read 303 times)

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
Take a Monday morning break (oops..Tuesday)
« on: March 16, 2021, 09:20:58 AM »
It's Monday Tuesday morning, well below freezing, and I have little imagination for the novel I'm working on.  My 21st century protagonists are currently stuck on Lac du Mort trying to get away from an 18th century murderer and cannibal (true story, by the way) who is following them down the lake.  So instead of trying to wrangle a few words into shape, I'm shamelessly promoting my web site where you can find descriptions and links to my various motorcycling books (paperback, Kindle and audio), and can listen to audio clips from each. www.nickadamswriting.com.

And if you're fed up with reading or listening to stories of old Guzzi travels, take a complete break from bikes, give yourselves a few minutes with a cup of coffee and join me as I read you a short section from my recent Novella "The Ghosts of Holleford Lake" which is getting some excellent reviews (see below).

In this section, Mary, who was accidentally killed in 1835 and whose bones were dug up by the police in 1972 after they started to erode along the lake shore, awakes in a Toronto forensics lab................ ..https://youtu.be/PgNcaexLsHw

Nick

Emotionally engaging book.
Reviewed in the United States on February 24, 2021
Verified Purchase
I have also read all of Mr. Adams’ books. Initially, I selected them because I am a fellow motorcyclist. Having enjoyed all of those, I next read his book on his experiences in the field of archeology and enjoyed it every bit as much. I have just read this latest effort in one sitting. Thank you, Nick. Here’s hoping for more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read!
Reviewed in the United States on February 16, 2021
Verified Purchase
This is a short book, only a bit over 100 pages. I've read all of Mr. Adams' books, this one is by far is the best one yet and it is his first effort at fiction. Very well written, nicely done! Thanks! Looking forward to your next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting!
Reviewed in Canada on March 15, 2021
This book covers a pioneer cemetery, a native cemetery and village, and about 500 years of history in a few acres of land. It tells a story (really well) about the development of land and the implications this has with this land's history. It also has a rather entertaining ghost story or two (not scary just very imaginative, endearing, sometimes funny, enchanting and sad - along with being very human). It is a wonderful historical fiction story, that comes to be understood through an archeological dig.  If you like a good story, you will really enjoy this novella!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!
Reviewed in Canada on February 12, 2021
This is a perfect example of write what you know. With a lifetime of archeological experience the author has penned an interesting tale with engaging characters. His descriptions leave the reader feeling as if we know these folks, (living and deceased) and the locations become as familiar was our own back yard. If the writer's job is to paint a picture with words, Mr. Adams is a true artist.
This book is entertaining and educational. I recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read and So Much More than a Ghost Story
Reviewed in Canada on March 4, 2021
I really, REALLY, enjoyed Mr. Adams' story. While on the surface a bit of a ghost story, it really is about how people, their lives, and their tragedies connect across time and place. The author does a great job providing a sense of lives lived in very different moments in time. And all those moments were populated by rich descriptions and people you very quickly come to care about. But the real twist, and hook, I felt, was connecting these moments through the role archaeology plays in connecting those pasts when a place is to be developed. Very believable people who, directly or indirectly, become intertwined in all those pasts. I wanted to know the full the story from the first page on, but didn't want it to end!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 09:27:34 AM by nick949 »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here