Author Topic: O2 EV/stone fuel line sizes?  (Read 467 times)

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
O2 EV/stone fuel line sizes?
« on: May 12, 2021, 05:19:26 PM »
OK, so I replaced a lot of my hoses 2 years ago..  Dont I start it up yesterday and have a fuel leak near the filter!!  Anyways..  When I replaced the petcock I used 1/2" hose, and it turs out it was a tiny bit big.. Worked fine when new 2 years ago, but now its really too loose. Im thinking the real size should be 12MM? Does that sound right? Also my local stores dont stock metric, so I will need to order in. Does anyone know what size the hose from the pump to the filter is? From the pump to the injecters? The leak is near the filter, so im replacing all the rest of the hoses and the filter on the bike.
Paul B

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
Re: O2 EV/stone fuel line sizes?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 05:32:51 PM »
The small lines are 5/16” or 8mm. The large one from the pump is 7/16” ,but get confirmation on that. 12mm sounds about right but I don’t remember for sure. Check MG cycle
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 10:22:36 AM »
Doing some research it looks like -8 hose might work..  its just a tiny tick smaller then the 12mm.. I have a buddy that has some im going to try out.

Today im pulling the rest out, and going to see what I can match up.
Paul B

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 11:54:16 AM »
Just some update incase someone trips over this in the future...  The -8 AN hose fits PERFECT from the petcock to the pump on this. 1/2" was just too sloppy a fit on it and 12mm is impossible to get.. at least here in the US.. I got nylon braid..  SS braid will probably be too stiff to clamp well..  The nylon braid works great. The rest of the lines were just normal 5/16 fuel line. This bike did not have FI rated hose on it.. It has 10k miles on it, so Im guessing they were stock. I replaced with FI rated mostly becouse I had some in stock..  It does not bend as well, but worked fine for this.. and lastly... I REALY hate where the fuel filter is!!  I got it it in place, but the clamp is giving me fits..  doesnt help that the welded nut it bolts to is a little buggerd, and its hard to get a straight shot putting the bolt in..  I may just drill the nut, and nut and bolt it on..  Still working on her.
Paul B

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 11:54:16 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here