Author Topic: Jackal FPR relocation  (Read 89 times)

Offline nortonduke

• New Goose
Jackal FPR relocation
« on: May 26, 2021, 06:27:30 PM »
Hello All--It has been eons since I posted, plaese forgive :whip2:

Just picked up a low mile 2000 Jackal and I am in the process of "cleaning it up"
Already installed rear sets, new headlight setup, lower handlebars, removed airbox for K&N pods, progressive shocks, etc.
I removed the airbox to
1.make rome for the electrical connectors under the tank to clean up headlight connection,
2. lower the front fuel tank mounts by 1 1/2 inch so the tank nestles into the v of the engine more snugly.
I did the same on my `95 bobber "relic" and it worked quite well.
trouble I am having with the jackal is the Fuel pressure regulator that mounts directly to the front bung on the underside of the gas tank--
I don't have enough clearance between the FPR and top tube of the frame to drop the tank lower.
THE QUESTION--Does anyone know if there is  16mm x 1.0 male to 16mm x 1.0 female flexible hose available so I can remotely mount the FPR further under the tank in the area vacated by the airbox?
THanks in advance.
Duke

Online fotoguzzi

• Guzzi Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: Jackal FPR relocation
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 06:31:49 PM »
Some Guzzi's came that way with the regulator mounted to a tang on the frame under tank. I don't know about those sizes but there's probably a Guzzi part number for that hose somewhere. Try a parts diagram from a later EV maybe?
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Harper's Moto Guzzi
Harper's Moto Guzzi. Where we still answer the phone, use the highest quality parts, and also do Transmission, rear drive, and carb rebuilds fast. Call us at 816.697.3411 and get your problems resolved.
http://www.harpermoto.com
Advertise Here

Win a 2005 Harley Road King and help a great cause.
Limited number of tickets to be sold.
https://go.eventgroovefundraising.com/pipesforpupraffle/Campaign
Advertise Here