Author Topic: ADDICTED! Anyone else?  (Read 3714 times)

Offline MikeLemon

• New Egg
Re: ADDICTED! Anyone else?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2018, 12:38:16 PM »
 I self-medicate with motorcycles.

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2018, 03:47:19 PM »
When I was 6, the old man bought half brother Phil a new Whizzer. Much to Phil's chagrin, no doubt, he said, "Take Charles home on the tank." I remember that ride like it was yesterday..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline BrotherJim

• Gosling
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2018, 06:08:16 PM »
Good ol' tank ridin'.  My Dad would also ride my brother and I around (including the interstate) on his '74 CB750.  I got to sit on the tank!  I'm sure they've got a special place for anyone getting caught doing that around here these days.  I loved it!
Short Time Livin'...

'02 Moto Guzzi California Stone

Offline Rick in WNY

• Gosling
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 09:34:33 AM »
How did it start for me? Well, I was about three years old and my dad gave me a ride around the yard on his old Honda CB450. I was hooked, end of discussion.

In highschool I rode my cousins bike a bit. Dad's Honda was sidelined because a mouse made it his home one winter and chewed up the wiring. So I got my fill riding my older cousins bikes. He had an old Honda, and later, got a used Ducati 851. That was my first ever ride on an Italian bike, and it scared the ever loving crap out of me!

Between the sounds at idle where it sounded like it was coming apart to the howl at full throttle, it was an amazing machine and oh my did it move! 

Then came college, then work, then wife and kids, so bikes took a backseat for a long time.

A few years ago, the itch came back. With my wife's blessing I dipped my toe back in the bike world. It all came back, and rapidly! To my surprise, my wife decided she loved riding too!

She got her license two years ago and we've been a happy riding couple since!
Guzzi Owner since May 20, 2017
  2004 California Titanium

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 09:34:33 AM »

Offline 73eldorado

• Theres a fine line between tough and stupid
  • Hatchling
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2018, 10:07:47 AM »
Got my first bike in 1973, a Yamaha DT100 Enduro. Worked weekends at a lumber mill to pay for it, my parents refused to help me because they hated motorcycles! I was 16 years old and I rode that bike year round , studded up the tires in the winter with sheet metal screws and some of my buddies did like wise. We put patches on our jean jackets and called our club the Skulls! We used to ride our bikes around town to the coffee shops and thought we were preety cool, little did we know that the town folk were calling us the numb skulls!! Got my first car when I was 18 and found out that the ladies liked staying warm better than being cool, have ridden motorcycles ever since and will ride until the end. Thank god that I grew up in the internal combustion era, would not change a thing.
1973 Eldorado
1981 Lemans
2006 Hayabusa
1978 Suzuki GS 1000
1997 Honda XR400

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here