Author Topic: In Praise of the Moderators  (Read 20270 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: In Praise of the Moderators
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2015, 02:36:04 PM »
Now a PERFECT place for the moderator to jump in would be over on the thread about getting johnr's EV back up and running.   Thread's been running for more than a year, everything on there is helpful and good, best wishes for people's health, arranging for flights across the Pacific to help a fellow Guzzist, almost there ....

....then some burke who shall remain nameless but whose initials are crc jumps in with a bunch of worthless, insulting, self-serving crap designed to make HIMSELF feel better and try to scupper the project if he can ... because HIS precious self wasn't involved with the project.

R59 ought to burn one virtual hollow-point on that one .....

This is a good example; the above was from mid-2012.   It took crc another two years to crash and crater, but it had been going on a LONG time.

I don't think anyone can ever complain that the moderators "jumped the gun" on anyone before pushing the red button, not around here!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

oldbike54

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2015, 02:45:13 PM »
 Lannis , the fact that both of US are still here would support that hypothesis  ;D However , i think crc left of his own accord and not at the behest of any mod or admin .

Dusty

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2015, 03:01:56 PM »
 :P  Personally, I think that there is a lack of reading comprehension and focus.  ;D

A thread about the forum is not NGC because it's about the operation of the forum.  In other words in priority it's #1.  #2 would be Guzzi related then #3 would be NGC.  The problem is that the forum is for "Guzzi talk".  NGC is allowed but should be marked NGC.  The slackers should mark it properly.  Sales of Guzzi stuff should go on the Classifieds.   ;-T
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

redrider

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2015, 04:17:01 PM »
When I get cranky, this forum helps me get over it. When I am being plain stupid, this forum helps me get over it. When I was laid up from a crash, this forum... you get the drift?

I have only met a couple of folks here but from the heart, bless you all. I even forgive the coffee through the nose onto the keyboard events. Steel cut oats for everything else.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2015, 04:17:01 PM »

redrider

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2015, 05:18:24 PM »
I just read the part about "Virtual Campfire".

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2015, 05:25:16 PM »
:P  Personally, I think that there is a lack of reading comprehension and focus.  ;D

A thread about the forum is not NGC because it's about the operation of the forum.  In other words in priority it's #1.  #2 would be Guzzi related then #3 would be NGC.  The problem is that the forum is for "Guzzi talk".  NGC is allowed but should be marked NGC.  The slackers should mark it properly.  Sales of Guzzi stuff should go on the Classifieds.   ;-T

what?   huh.  uh.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline ratguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
    • road kill
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2015, 05:28:39 PM »
Someone moved my "General Discussion" subject post into this thread and it wasn't me.
All I meant in my post was a light hearted jab at all the non-guzzi posts and a mild slam at the moderators for not lightly sort of push to sort of keep things at least a little more motorcycle related and someone merged into "In Praise of the Moderators" ................... ....
JB
John Boettcher
Wonder Lake, IL

"I'll quit riding when they pry the handgrips out of my cold dead fingers"

Offline travelingbyguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • God hates a coward
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2015, 06:48:33 PM »
Good thread.
Good forum.
Good moderators.
Spring is here.
Everybody is happy.
Put in your vacation requests at work.
Now, get out there and ride.
73 Eldorado
80 Sp
85 Cal II
97 1100Sport
08 1200 Sport AKA:Sweet Leaf
I'm not really drowning; I can see the beach from here.

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2015, 07:03:14 PM »
So does this mean we can't talk about old BMWs anymore  ???

Hipster

Dusty

:D
2. Keep the content Guzzi related.

Can't think of any bike much more "related" to a Goose than a Beemer  ;-T
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

oldbike54

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2015, 07:08:27 PM »
:D
2. Keep the content Guzzi related.

Can't think of any bike much more "related" to a Goose than a Beemer  ;-T

Don't ever say that to Chuckie  ;D

Dusty

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2015, 07:25:18 PM »
Someone moved my "General Discussion" subject post into this thread and it wasn't me.
All I meant in my post was a light hearted jab at all the non-guzzi posts and a mild slam at the moderators for not lightly sort of push to sort of keep things at least a little more motorcycle related and someone merged into "In Praise of the Moderators" ................... ....
JB

Yeah.  John, it was all in fun, based on the responses your thread recieved.

We are in the last weeks of winter, and the NGC count is high.

Soon, the front page will be filled with threads about campouts.
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2015, 07:31:16 PM »
I also thank Vasco, Chuck, Pressure ,Kev, and all the others who have posted photo essays of some of their projects.They have raised the intellectual quality of this forum. There are others working on things but have not been able to take the time to post. I appreciate the time it takes to post such things and I hope to do the same once I start working on Guzzi's again. I'm in a stand down mode while I get some other stuff done.
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2015, 10:09:33 PM »
I also thank Vasco, Chuck, Pressure ,Kev, and all the others who have posted photo essays of some of their projects.They have raised the intellectual quality of this forum. There are others working on things but have not been able to take the time to post. I appreciate the time it takes to post such things and I hope to do the same once I start working on Guzzi's again. I'm in a stand down mode while I get some other stuff done.

;-T
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2015, 09:28:17 AM »
I would be greatly disappointed if the forum had to stay MG bikes only subjects. It would be a waste not to be able to use the collective knowledge and wisdom found in this forum for other needs. For example when I first posted a couple of years ago about finding out I may be pre-diabetic many here gave me great information and encouragement which really did help both for the knowledge and the motivation to help myself.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2015, 11:50:17 AM »
I don't like the hateful or gratuitously off-color stuff, but I enjoy the diverse aspects that give this forum a "personality". Understanding a little more about each other gives this cyber space more humanity and shape. There are many among you that I think I would like to meet in time, but for now it is enjoyable to just find out what things we have in common. This is how a specific global community can fit into an observable location...and it's why I keep coming back daily.
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

lucydad

« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2015, 12:13:16 PM »
Hmmm... ???

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here