Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 508237 times)

Offline cj750

• Gaggle Mentor
  • "Viva tutte le cose Italiane"
Re: How was your' day
« Reply #360 on: October 03, 2013, 10:36:27 AM »
Now you're starting to get ME down, and that ain't easy.

Time for a long long ride for you, buddy ...  ;-T

Lannis

Yep. In keeping with the current theme of this thread, this TMBG song always makes me want to go for a ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2bo_u_YmW8

Then again, when I was watching Predator I didn't think two members of its cast would become governors, either. So you never know.

lucydad

« Reply #361 on: October 03, 2013, 03:39:38 PM »
Dusty,

Better today after long heart to heart with manager and getting some questions answered about the current gig.  The drama is so old, all I want to do is find oil and gas.

Taking Friday off, and the weather looks spectacularly fall like, and so the little goose is going to get a long romp.  Received my leather jacket last night, it is a bit snug, but I am going to keep it I think.  It needs some breaking in, but for $149 it is high quality and a deal.

Maybe a movie tonight, Rush. 

Thanks for asking buddy and I hope you are well.

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #362 on: October 03, 2013, 03:40:10 PM »
Shorty:

Here ya go: http://wichita.craigslist.org/mcy/4027367452.html

Cheap, shaft drive and ready to ride.

Dusty says you'll have the only one at the rally.

BOY HOWDY  Now there's an orphan.   ;-T
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

lucydad

« Reply #363 on: October 03, 2013, 07:25:37 PM »
Termination dust....yeah I remember.  Here on the Gulf Coast of TEXAS we are finally having our "good" time of year:  fall winter and spring are fabulous and summer sucks and is even suckier if we have a hurricane

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #363 on: October 03, 2013, 07:25:37 PM »

Offline Farmer Dan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #364 on: October 03, 2013, 07:40:15 PM »
Wife had her last chemo treatment today  ;-T  now we just wait, hope, and pray that it worked.
1972 Eldorado
1940 Ford 9N
1937 Browning A5
I love old iron

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #365 on: October 03, 2013, 07:57:36 PM »
These guys were waiting for me when I got home.
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #366 on: October 03, 2013, 08:56:03 PM »
Wife had her last chemo treatment today  ;-T  now we just wait, hope, and pray that it worked.
My wife finished hers 5 years ago next month. So far so good.
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #367 on: October 03, 2013, 10:34:58 PM »
Every second that passes is one that I never have to relive.

Can I steal that?

:BEER:
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Penderic

« Reply #368 on: October 04, 2013, 01:43:16 AM »
The RAIN stopped this morning! Yay! It has been raining and pouring here for the last two weeks - getting soggy and cooler.

But today there were some nice sunny breaks and I got to take out my V7 Classic out for a little ride over to the deli and test the new fueling map.

I haven't ridden my bike since I did the GuzziDiag reflash to the Marrelli 15RC Engine Control Unit - I am using a slightly richer startup map that was suggested by PaulD.

Today was a good day, (cool) to test the cold start performance and I must say, I am very pleased with the improvement!  ;-T

Starting is different -  I think I have to learn to leave the throttle alone when starting now.

The cold idle is a bit low but it is steady.  After the ride, the warm idle is back up to 1000 - 1100 rpm and steady... thats good enough.

But the real test - the dreaded cold start and instant takeoff - passed with flying Italian colors. I started and then within 5 secs drove off with a cold engine - without stutter, stalling, missing or complaint, or revving the engine higher than a normal takeoff when warm. It felt great! Smooth and strong...... feels like a bigger engine when it cold now.  :D

Now I got the itch to do some serious riding before the weather turns bad again.

lucydad

« Reply #369 on: October 04, 2013, 09:05:48 AM »
Pend,

Good to hear on cold start and a rain break.  It is 80 and sunny here in Sugar Land, TX---time to check air pressure, clean the bike a bit, check oil and go for a coastal run. 

Mr. Natural had it right you know....

Oh and I slept grand last night after a week featuring 3 non-sleep nights due to combined work stress and the bike drop last weekend.
My foot is healed.  Gotta ride....

Offline wyno

• Gosling
« Reply #370 on: October 04, 2013, 08:07:01 PM »
Hey Balvenie,
next you'll be telling us you're wearing beige cardigans and shorts with long socks. And sandals.
Wyno

DungeonMaster

« Reply #371 on: October 04, 2013, 11:33:58 PM »
Found my V65 key!!   ;D

Now my wife wants me to gas the beast up and fire the engine. Guess what I'm doing Sunday?
Oiling my cylinders/pistons and hitting the start button.
So my wife and I will be going for rides together very soon.

DM

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #372 on: October 05, 2013, 03:59:27 AM »
wyno
       The image you have of me is scurrilous, to say the least. I dress like Hopalong Cassidy, so there ~; 
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline wyno

• Gosling
« Reply #373 on: October 05, 2013, 11:12:44 PM »
Forcing them to listen to Marty Robbins...now that's just cruel.

Today I went on my first group ride since 1975. It was to raise funds for cancer research in Geelong, and I thought, now that I'm back in Geelong and my father died from cancer, that I should go. Roughly 200-250 bikes on a tour of the Bellarine Peninsula with cops holding up traffic so we could go through as one group. Lots of different bikes, old and new Triumphs, lots of Harleys especially V Rods, a 750 Norton Commando, a 1940 something BSA complete with compulsory oil leak, 2 Buells, Hondas, Kwackas, Suzukis and Yamahas, and one Griso (mine) and one V7 Racer. Lots of fun despite a few rain showers and finished up with a barbie and live music. Best $10 I ever spent.
Wyno

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #374 on: October 07, 2013, 08:51:01 AM »
Marty is the real deal, I love me some old country and bluegrass. Contemporary country is a 1/2ass ripoff of 70s folk rock.

Couldn't have said that better meself.   It's like there's a computer somewhere writing modern country songs ... all the same .....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline wyno

• Gosling
« Reply #375 on: October 07, 2013, 05:50:54 PM »
I reckon about 4 hours of Marilyn Manson would do me.
On a better note (pun intended), I start work doing plastering today after finishing up the mental health gig 2 weeks ago. Hopefully things will go well and the work will continue. It'll be nice to have money coming in. I should be slightly stuffed tonight.
Wyno

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #376 on: October 10, 2013, 04:04:08 AM »
            "....blew up the town's water supply...".
           Forgive me for being judgemental but it sounds like the lunatics are running the asylum :o
Oz
04 Cali

oldbike54

« Reply #377 on: October 15, 2013, 06:50:38 PM »
So how was it ?  :) :D ;D >:( :( 8)
Dusty
Worked a bit in the rain today , not too bad , here in Northeastern OK we are heading in to our "damp" part of the year , cloudy and misty most of the time . So how about everyone else , catch us up fellas .
Dusty

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #378 on: October 15, 2013, 07:20:25 PM »
It didn't rain (as expected), so I went to start the Breva 1100 to go for a ride but the bloody piece of modern junk wouldn't start  ::(  Not enough battery  ::(.  I think its the original from 2007, so I wasn't too devastated.

Pulled out the Eldorado, which, of course, started up immediately. :bike

Went for a short ride.  Love that bike.  Life is still good. ;-T

Nick
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 07:22:33 PM by nick949 »

lucydad

« Reply #379 on: October 15, 2013, 07:23:40 PM »
Dusty,

Wow, I am actually having a good week.  At the current Houston gig I have seen an actual pulse of Exploration, recognition of some of my work and our team, and a bit less chaos and plain old nasty-ness.  The curious keep butting their noses into my career plans though, and it gets old.  The new CEO loved a project I showed last Thursday so Mr. Boss is now my new best friend?  A new supervisor came to my office, gave eye contact and actually spoke to me for the first time in two years.  Yep, two years of pretending I did not exist.  No kidding, two years.

Can you say passive/agressive?  Yes you can!  Maybe there is hope, or maybe not.  The entire culture needs to change.  I will take a few good days in a row though.  

On the job hunt front the NOLA hiring VP emailed me basically saying:  we are working on an offer, it will take a bit of time, we look forward to more talks with you and when can you and your wife come here for a long weekend visit to look at housing, the city, commuting and such?  It will be interesting to see if they can entice me or not.  The metal-cheeked purple haired art major college daughter is VERY expensive and we are very broke after years of college expenses for two daughters.  Constantly broken cars and house stuff have also played vampire with finances.

Anyway the closest Guzzi dealer is in Baton Rouge.  One step at a time.  Life is unfolding now.  It rained a lot past weekend and another front is coming shortly.  I hope for a dry weekend of riding.  My buddy Mitch and I are hooking up for a Saturday breakfast ride.  He likely will be on the Norton 850 and I want to ride his yellow restored beastie.  I hope for a non-exciting get the Guzzi back in the garage process.  The past 3 ride- ends have not been fun with the garage.

So, yeah I am doing pretty good:  getting out of the mode of anticipating the next bad thing.  The past few months have been difficult.

I hope life is sublime for you Dusty.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #380 on: October 15, 2013, 08:42:30 PM »
Given the choice between Houston and Nola, as they are both hot, muggy, and too close to hurricanes, I would go where the food is legendary.

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #381 on: October 15, 2013, 10:40:15 PM »
               For many months now, my centre stand has been a nuisance, politely speaking. Parked in the garage between two cars, it stands a scant 12" from a wall to its front. Trouble is, the feet have been slipping when un-standing the bike and it means moving both cars out, before the bike can be spun round and pushed out. Otherwise it's Hullo Wall :'( Backing in to the parking spot is a nightmare that I choose to avoid ).
              So the present arrangement will have to do but it has meant removal of the stand, which is much easier with mufflers detached. The lumps on the feet have all but disappeared owing to friction with the concrete garage floor and initially, I assumed that building up the missing metal with weld would be the fix. However, my local guru (who replaces the one who returned to the land of his birth) insists that the feet will have more grip with the feet ground smooth. Hmmm. For better or worse, the deed has been done and I only await some new bushes. The originals look as though they have been beaten to Death. Reinstalling the CS will be a challenge, I can just tell.
But there is no great hurry. The bushes will have to come from OS; probably MI. There are none in Oz. One kind local supplier suggested that a machine shop should be my next port of call. Crikey, how Encouragement :o  Having plenty of time to mull over the installation, has led me to consider removal of the rear wheel. The springs are Very strong, much more so than the side stand variety and leverage will be crucial. Ahhh, the anticipation ;D Don't you all envy me ;D
             By the way, is "un-standing" a word? 8)
Oz
04 Cali

oldbike54

« Reply #382 on: October 15, 2013, 10:51:28 PM »
Bal , it is if you want it to be . RK , if my damn transporter would just work we would fix that chimney , LD , life is sublime , and Nick , old stuff is hard to beat .
Anyone else ?
Dusty

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #383 on: October 15, 2013, 11:10:33 PM »
Forcing them to listen to Marty Robbins...now that's just cruel.

one of his lesser known songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apq8EDzflPI

His most well known
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIHRgisdbeY

and the follow up
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryzIX09s2o4

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:02:41 AM by Sasquatch Jim »
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #384 on: October 18, 2013, 02:48:10 PM »
Great, thanks Dusty,

Put the new battery in the Breva - lo and behold, it started.
Rode it for two hours up to the Ottawa fringe (max temp 14C (57F)).
Walked in the woods and fields for an hour.
Rode the Breva home, back roads all the way.
My new leathers work a treat.
Bike ran like a dream.
I get paid for this......
Bueno!

Nick

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #385 on: October 18, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »
The little urchins are 'lip synching'.
Un believe able. <shaking head and shuffling off>
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

oldbike54

« Reply #386 on: October 18, 2013, 04:52:05 PM »
Well , we have sunk to a new low as a society when  the grammar school marching bands are faking it , what's next , pop stars lip synching on stage . Oh , wait , never mind . What a sad day for the parents that paid good money for their little urchins instruments . :( Sorry RK , maybe you should post a sentry .
Dusty

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #387 on: October 18, 2013, 05:46:39 PM »
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #388 on: October 18, 2013, 05:56:23 PM »
Love me some Marty Robbins, and Red Foley and Hank (Williams, Thompson & Snow) Willie---Hello walls.........Peace, Love and Earnest Tubb!   
And to complete the trifacta, the 3rd in the El Paso trilogy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k6obdf4yDU
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

kirby1923

« Reply #389 on: October 18, 2013, 06:17:54 PM »
Love me some Marty Robbins, and Red Foley and Hank (Williams, Thompson & Snow) Willie---Hello walls.........Peace, Love and Earnest Tubb!   

" I fall to pieces..." Ms Cline

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here