Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 508389 times)

Penderic

Re: How was your' day
« Reply #540 on: January 15, 2014, 03:37:41 PM »
Mid to upper 40's here on the west coast ... not bad at all ... for Canada!

Some sun next few days but it has been mostly clouded and soggy. Still ridable!  ;-T

Good weather for getting some outside site work - moving soil and rocks and moving stuff into a new bigger shelter - tent garage thing that I got as a nice gift.

Online nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #541 on: January 17, 2014, 10:42:49 PM »
Not bad at all.  Too grim to ride though.

Tonight Chris and I are demolishing some booze, listening to old vinyl records, Da Danaan, Selector, Toots and the Maytels, and my personal favourite - Bronski Beat.  Memories of some outrageous parties from decades past when we were both young and foolish enough to be decadent. ~;

Nick

Penderic

« Reply #542 on: January 18, 2014, 10:00:20 AM »
You guys up in Alaska get to enjoy those big earthquakes as well! Not much shaking here - just waiting for Mt. Baker, or Helena or Yellowstone, etc to fire off a big eruption nearby and wipe us out.

Also it is soggy here this time of year, but we are getting a less wet season with a side order of morning fog. Bonus! we are on the side of Vancouver island that doesn't get hit with tsunamis! Although the fear of radioactive fish from Japan is scaring a lot of us here.  :P

The roads were mostly dry yesterday and I took out the V7C for a shopping errand to the hardware store - a good little jaunt. The bike ran very very nice.  ;-T A most beauteous ride! Life is still good.

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #543 on: January 18, 2014, 10:12:39 PM »
A day off! Great! I can get some work done on the Guzz.
Get home from Work at about 5:10am. Cup of tea, morning collection of medications and a few emails while I wind down. Hit the pit at about 6:00am.

I wake and its 4:45 pm!! So much of the day gone. Bugger! (good sleep though) Cloudy day and howling wind. Not cold though.
New Zealand
2002 Ev tourer (Stalled again...)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #543 on: January 18, 2014, 10:12:39 PM »

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #544 on: January 20, 2014, 03:01:05 AM »
               The Tennis Fans are back from Melbourne and all's well with the world. Temperatures down there ranged fron 44C (113F :o) to jumper weather this morning. Strange place, Melbourne. Anyone would think it was another planet.
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

lucydad

« Reply #545 on: January 20, 2014, 09:10:18 AM »
Dusty,

I am recovering from last week in Colorado moving my mom from rehab to assisted living.  We got it done, but it got very dicey- difficult a few times.  My wife was a great help, but now has come down with the flu.

We pray my mom chooses to make the adjustment, and her back fracture starts healing.  We had to lease the old family home, and pack selected items for her room.  Tearing the house down after living there since 1951 was tough, and we had very little time.  All in all we are blessed, and I believe this huge change was meant to be, and I feel thankful to have the skills/energy/organization to execute such a complex transition for my mom.  My brother remains mentally ill and potentially predatory on mom's finances.  He is a wild card and I have lost trust in his actions. 

My youngest daughter turns 21 Friday!  Wow, and she was offered a paid contract position at her college.  We are flying the family to Lost Wages for a Spring Break celebration (LV, NV)--and some fun.

Work has calmed down but the huge time/energy bite from my life has had impact---I need to stay here and work and support the family.  Such is life at nearly 60 I guess.

My ride last Friday was fabulous, wow what fun and what a stress buster.  I hope we get some decent weather in Houston this coming weekend.

Go Broncos!!  But I bet the Seahawks beat my team in the Super Bowl:  defense usually wins the big game.

LongRanger

« Reply #546 on: January 20, 2014, 09:52:30 AM »
I've been in Phoenix for four days on business, heading back to Denver today. The sunny 75F weather here has been rejuvenating to the soul. There's only one thing missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

oldbike54

« Reply #547 on: January 20, 2014, 05:34:37 PM »
Nice here today , had to decide between work or ride , chose work ( I know , I know) . Still , most excellent day .
A misplaced ( read lost ) Werner step ladder found its way back to me serendipitously . My B day came early . Maybe the Dharma Karma thing at work , even though I haven't been especially thoughtful or well behaved lately .
Laughing here .
Dusty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online nick949

• Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #548 on: January 20, 2014, 06:05:40 PM »
Nice here today , had to decide between work or ride , chose work ( I know , I know) . Still , most excellent day .
A misplaced ( read lost ) Werner step ladder found its way back to me serendipitously . My B day came early . Maybe the Dharma Karma thing at work , even though I haven't been especially thoughtful or well behaved lately .
Laughing here .
Dusty

Good for you Dusty.  Not riding weather around here - we got another six inches since this picture.  I walk the dog, I drink, I write, I watch movies.  Time passes.

Nick

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #549 on: January 20, 2014, 06:08:31 PM »

It's a little better here!
Good for you Dusty.  Not riding weather around here - we got another six inches since this picture.  I walk the dog, I drink, I write, I watch movies.  Time passes.

Nick

ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline oldmxdog61u

• Gaggle Mentor
  • enjoy life...
« Reply #550 on: January 20, 2014, 06:10:27 PM »
Ahh. Good day afterall. Results back, Tubular adenoids, no cancer. All removed.  Back to working on the lemans.
Enjoy life!
1985 lemans 1000 (gone)
1996 Sport 1100 (gone)
2007 norge (ahhhhh)
1984 yz250 (gone to museum)
1977 Cr125m Elsinore (sold)
1973 HD FX (back to my bro)
1974 Eldorado (grace)

nunzio

« Reply #551 on: January 20, 2014, 06:17:06 PM »
Listened to Al Martino sing in Italian on my record player while finishing up with the fork rebuild on my Eldorado.

Watched two lambs being born out in my pasture.

I'll never get tired of watching that!!!!! .....Alan

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #552 on: January 20, 2014, 06:20:39 PM »
Ahh. Good day afterall. Results back, Tubular adenoids, no cancer. All removed.  Back to working on the lemans.

I got the report back last week on some polyps from my latest colonoscopy.

"No cancer; all removed" has a pretty sweet sound to it!!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline oldmxdog61u

• Gaggle Mentor
  • enjoy life...
« Reply #553 on: January 20, 2014, 07:05:51 PM »
Amen! Sweet words indeed.
Enjoy life!
1985 lemans 1000 (gone)
1996 Sport 1100 (gone)
2007 norge (ahhhhh)
1984 yz250 (gone to museum)
1977 Cr125m Elsinore (sold)
1973 HD FX (back to my bro)
1974 Eldorado (grace)

oldbike54

« Reply #554 on: January 20, 2014, 07:06:09 PM »
Good news all around . Love this thread , the OP deserves a pat on the back . Pat pat pat . Oops , sorry , forgot it the OP is me . Never mind . Laughing here .
Really would like to thank everyone who participates , often times the responses make my day , and like to think it ties us together a bit better .
Dusty

Online nick949

• Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #555 on: January 20, 2014, 07:34:17 PM »
Yes Indeed.

Always glad to rejoice with those whose news is good and commiserate with those whose isn't. 

Nick

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #556 on: January 20, 2014, 09:15:13 PM »
Update --
The machine shop called.  I was expecting him to say I was nutz if I thought this was gonna work, but he message was that all pieces were bored, cut, terimmed, and ready.  I brought my twin buddies, both named Ben, and the three of us managed to wrestle the stuff out the door.  Now it's some more fitting tonight, and off to the welder tomorrow.

Go rodekyll ;-T
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

oldbike54

« Reply #557 on: January 20, 2014, 10:10:19 PM »
Go rodekyll ;-T
Ditto .
Dusty

Offline Randown

• Long Beach, CA
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #558 on: January 20, 2014, 10:27:40 PM »
Driving my work truck & out of the corner of my eye saw a guy WALLOP a Transient / homeless guy closed fist on the side of the head. The poor guy buckled next to his cart full of recyclables & looked like one of those cartoons were someone gets their teeth knocked out.

WTF?! Pulled over & told tuff guy to take a swing at me.  ;D He wouldn't. Took his picture before he walked away, asked the transient if he wants to press charges, #@uck YEAH! But then he remembered he had a warrant & changed his mind. Great, they both deserve to be arrested. I wasn't even downtown.
:D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:28:36 PM by Randown »
Flippity Floppity Floop

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #559 on: January 20, 2014, 11:14:28 PM »
 Hey RK. We must be due for update photos soon. ;-T
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Nortryder

« Reply #560 on: January 21, 2014, 05:48:25 AM »
Watched the Haflinger Ponys chase each other around the field out front and enjoyed seeing the steam coming of Lake Champlain. From my living room window I look right across the lake at Dannemora Prison. I'm here and they're there. It's a great day!

Offline drlapo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #561 on: January 21, 2014, 08:30:03 AM »
my cardiologist told me "you'll  look good in the casket" if I  don't stop lifting weights
I'm in cardiac rehab but felt it wasn't progressing fast enough so I was doing some extra on the side: but not anymore
I have not even picked up my new V7 yet, due to the weather and the fact that both of my son's trucks are down
I don't want my waranty to expire before the bike's does

Offline wittangamo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #562 on: January 21, 2014, 09:50:05 AM »
I own three vehicles, and all of them are demanding attention at once.  :P

The usually faithful 2003 BMW 330i threw "service engine" and "transmission warning" lights, going into limp mode with the auto tranny stuck in third gear. The good news is it didn't require a new transmission. The bad news is the control module and labor to replace it weren't cheap.

The driver-side window regulator on my '99 Saab broke with the window halfway down. I managed to pull it up but there's still a 1" gap to let in wind and rain. The shop's quote for the replacement parts were more double what I could find them for online. After some strategic bitching on my part, they agreed to charge me just for labor if I get my own. 

The little red wrench just lit up on the Griso for the 12K service, but it's too cold to ride and there's 6" of snow in the forecast for tonight so I can ignore that for a bit.

The machines may be conspiring against me, but I'm still having too much fun to complain and would rather count the blessings of good health and a lovely wife. At my age, every day I get is a good day.
Deceive, Inveigle and Obfuscate

oldbike54

« Reply #563 on: January 21, 2014, 06:22:13 PM »
Good news , well maybe not for the large fellow .
If I had a tail it would be wagging .
Dusty

Offline slowmover

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Locked in the arms of a crazy life
« Reply #564 on: January 21, 2014, 07:35:22 PM »
Total whiteout on the drive to work this morning.It was vomiting snow.I could not see an inch in front of me nor any indication of the sides of the road.Couldn't stop either for fear of getting hit in the rear.Tonight will be 2 degrees below zero.

lucydad

« Reply #565 on: January 21, 2014, 08:22:07 PM »
Dusty,

We left my Colorado home town last Thursday morning totally fried after the many missions helping my 92 year mom.  Her phone connection got screwed up by some idiot.  But, tonight:  voila:  she called me from her new room in assisted living.  She had just finished playing bridge, and she sounded better than she has sounded in months.  She grilled me on several issues including leasing her house.  I am grateful she is recovering--I think we are over the bridge finally and she has a good shot at some remaining quality of life.  A key spine physician visit is tomorrow--we hope for some gradual healing.  She is eating again (pureed food), and it is clear she is finally getting nourishment in a safe environment.  Wow, this has been a tough month. 

Skin Mechanic

« Reply #566 on: January 23, 2014, 04:05:20 AM »
Wearing a Kangol cap yesterday triggered a flair up of C2 Neuralgia, which will turn into a migraine if the nerve inflammation doesn't subside ::( I don't think or act my age, but I'm starting to feel my age ::)

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
« Reply #567 on: January 23, 2014, 12:23:29 PM »
It started off well enough.  Up at 6am, on the computer to read WG antics until 7pm, to the kitchen to fix a breakfast of scrambled eggs, coffee, ham sliced, rye bread toasting, when I went to use the sink disposal .... and found a clogged drain.

This has happened 4-5 times over the past 22 years, and I learned from experience not to use a plumber's friend or in particular compressed air, since I blew a fitting apart several years ago.  Now, that was a mess.  So, I've cut out an 8' section of the pipe in the basement where the clog occurs, which is held in place with 1 1/2" rubber fittings with 'radiator' clamps on each end.  Easy on and off.

So off to Ace Hardware.  The plan, purchase ABS fittings and glue and install clean-outs so I don't have to remove the 8' section of pipe to snake it next time.

All was going well.  I'd prepared for the deluge of stinking water by having a bucket directly under the fitting, and caught it all when the fitting was removed.  Next, I remembered to quickly cover the exposed pipe that feeds directly into the main sewage pipe (ghastly aroma!), no issues with that.

Next, I kick over the bucket of sloppy water getting off the ladder.  Thank Gawd it was on concrete and next to the laundry sump.

By this time, all plans to install the clean-outs were scrapped.  I snaked out the old pipe .... (it was the pasta that did it) and reinstalled it.  The real repair can wait until the next time.

I guess it was just my house's way of saying 'Happy Birthday!'
---------------------------------------------------------------
Then I began thinking '..... be glad you can drive to Ace Hardware, get on a ladder, and fix the damned thing.'  And quityerbitchin!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:27:26 PM by ohiorider »
Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Offline Crusty

• Gaggle Hero
  • You can't put a price on Worthlessness.
« Reply #568 on: January 23, 2014, 01:09:25 PM »
I went to the Urologist's office this morning and had a Cystoscopy. I  now know that I have bladder Cancer. They're going to schedule surgery for February 5, then call me with details and other info. Shit. :(
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms, you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

'07 Norge

oldbike54

« Reply #569 on: January 23, 2014, 01:32:45 PM »
OF Crusty , keep us apprised , we are pulling for you .
Dusty

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here