Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 505804 times)

Offline tonUPRacer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • My Racer FB page
Re: How was your' day
« Reply #660 on: March 31, 2014, 06:46:10 AM »
Sunday (yesterday) was great. It hit the magic number 50 (degrees) for me and I was able to get out on the Racer the first time this year. Bike started right up and ran flawlessly. All I had to do was put some air in the tires. I only got about 40 miles in but with a 5 month old and 2 year old at home, I take what I can get!
2013 V7 Racer #393
2001 Ducati 900SS (sold)
1999 Ducati 900M (sold)
1979 HD XLS Sportster (sold)

Umfundisi

« Reply #661 on: March 31, 2014, 09:35:58 AM »
Wet and cold roads, in the California Bay Area yesterday,  the roads were greasy and slippery.   

I took the Centauro out for a ride through the Santa Cruz Mountains..   Despite the cooler weather and the slick roads it was a great day of riding. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSbuom6HV5Y

;-T

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #662 on: March 31, 2014, 10:04:04 AM »
Took the wife to see the movie Noah this afternoon.  They sure filled in alot to make the movie.

I hear that they checked with the original author, but He declined to make any changes in the narrative, so they made some stuff up.

Worked for "Ben-Hur" and "The Ten Commandments" so it'll probably work here.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

lucydad

« Reply #663 on: March 31, 2014, 10:46:20 AM »
Dusty,

As always you are kind to ask.  The weekend was pretty much wonderful until Sunday afternoon.  92 year old mom called to say my brother was in ER in Montana for kidney stone (blocked).  They also found a lung "nodule" during the CT scan.  I called him and heard the story (grim, but could have been worse)--and urged him to see urologist today (per ER recommendation) and to heal up from the stone before tackling the lung thing.  He did have a successful trip and teach a paid course in San Francisco last week, a big win.  Given that, I am quite worried that this latest kidney stone and the lung issue will further wind up his anxiety/depression issues.  Mom is pretty worried also.  I act as monitor and family foundation go-to guy.

Kidney stones are screaming demons from hell.  I had one about 15 years ago:  worst health event of my life:  blocked and it took two wireline jobs to get it out.  Never pee straight again....

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #663 on: March 31, 2014, 10:46:20 AM »

Joe G

« Reply #664 on: March 31, 2014, 09:39:09 PM »
Today the sun was out and it didn't rain once/yet and that's good. Spent a couple hours emailing back and forth with a guy about an item he might want. Finally he said okay. That is good because that gave me an excuse to ride my new V7 to the post office. 45 miles of twisty hilly killer fun roads. Put the item in the pocket of my riding coat. Flap wouldn't lock over it. Off I go. Caught up to a sporty driving kind of guy in a small sporty car. That was good because it gave me an excuse to goose the new V7. Goosed it and passed the guy doing about eighty five and loving this new V7. Arrive at the post office and Tammy the postal lady is outside lowering the flag. Told me I could run over her anytime on that sharp new V7. I told her that would be a good excuse to play doctor with her. That was good because I like Tammy.  Go into the post office and reach for the item I'd put in my pocket............ can you guess? That's right, it was gone! Oh crap. That's the bad part. So I take off back tracking while trying to guess where it might have come out of my pocket. Man, this is going to be hard to find. One unhappy Jose. About an hour later and half way home, I found that bugger laying in the road. Stuck it way up under my coat wedged against my beer belly and off like a shot to the post office once again and things are good again. Arrive to find the post office is closed. You would think this is bad, but lt's really good. I got to do a bunch of extra riding and get to do it all over again tomorrow. And that's good. It was a good day today. Will use my tank bag tomorrow.

Joe.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #665 on: March 31, 2014, 10:27:01 PM »
I once got my bona-fides arranged in the fairing's map strap and proceeded down the last 12 miles of mountain pass to the border crossing.  A few miles closer and a tour bus was wandering through the switchbacks at a pace I couldn't tolerate, what with the diesel fumes and did I mention twisties?  So I adjusted the volume control and whipped around it without really changing lanes, partly for effect.  As I watched objects in my rear view mirror, such as the bus and my passport, registration, and proof of insurance getting sucked under the bus, I realized that Bernoulli trumps speed.  Probably every time.

Penderic

« Reply #666 on: March 31, 2014, 10:45:33 PM »
Spring cleaning... more like spring swapping, my rusty rear shock springs on my V& Classic today.

The after market chrome shock springs and chrome covers on my YSS shocks didn't like the last 2 winters and rusted badly.

I decided to swap the springs and cover from the pristine stock shocks over to the YSS dampers but the MotionPro tool for compressing the springs was too short to work with the Classics longer shock necks. Argh! Always something. Cut and weld and file the shock tool till it works and then its an easy job to take the shocks springs off.

Tomorrow I'll finish cleaning up the rest of the bike's chrome bits and take the bike out for a test and setup the sag and damping levels.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:51:33 PM by Penderic »

Offline oldmxdog61u

• Gaggle Mentor
  • enjoy life...
« Reply #667 on: April 01, 2014, 02:41:28 PM »
Called my old riding buddy to see if we could ride out of his cabin up north next month at the Gathering of Eagles dealio in Arizona, and he told me he would take a pass. Turns out he just went on chemo for lung cancer that has spread to his throat and neck.
This makes my fifth close riding buddy with stage 4 cancer in the last five years. Damn damn damn.
Send him your prayers, or at least some good thoughts. 

Ride now and enjoy those friends you have. Hold them close, and enjoy life.

Enjoy life!
1985 lemans 1000 (gone)
1996 Sport 1100 (gone)
2007 norge (ahhhhh)
1984 yz250 (gone to museum)
1977 Cr125m Elsinore (sold)
1973 HD FX (back to my bro)
1974 Eldorado (grace)

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #668 on: April 01, 2014, 02:52:35 PM »
I realized that Bernoulli trumps speed.  Probably every time.
;D And all the time I've thought that Bernoulli stuff was just bs..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Penderic

« Reply #669 on: April 01, 2014, 03:42:26 PM »
Bernoulii sucks.

kirby1923

« Reply #670 on: April 01, 2014, 04:02:00 PM »
Nice day today in AR and I'm leaving tomorrow for Ca. Family coming in for mom's 90th and I'm bringing the vino.

Snow and rain in the CA mountains and hope it clears for the 6th ride with the SoCal Guzzi bunch.

Like the pump!

mike

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
« Reply #671 on: April 01, 2014, 04:44:18 PM »
Perfect!  130 miles on the 12S in very breezy, sunny 70 degree weather.  Combined with 90 miles on the R100GS yesterday, it was a good 'fix.'  We're dropping back into the 50s tomorrow, and there is lots of wet weather in the forecast, but the past two days made up for a winter of snow and more snow.

Bob
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:35:06 PM by ohiorider »
Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #672 on: April 01, 2014, 06:00:31 PM »
DORCIA has wanted a gas pump as a decoration???   your WOMAN?   

This is unheard of in the annals of Western Civilization.    Gas Pumps, Wooden Indians, and carved wooden Grizzly Bears as decorations are the ultimate in Man Cave Decor, and universally despised and laughed at by women everywhere.

She must really love you to be suggesting something like that .... !

Lannis

I was going out to get the fish off the grill tonight, when I overheard Dorcia saying to her sister, "Chuck's working on the gas pump!" like she was really excited about it.  ::) Jeeeze, I suppose I should at least make an effort to make it look like something...
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Penderic

« Reply #673 on: April 01, 2014, 09:41:39 PM »
I tested out the YSS rear dampers with the stock rear springs and shrouds and I got them adjusted them to work well together. A little firmer than the YSS springs that I took off but still very good when the rebound damping is dialed in properly.

I'll get the YSS springs powder coated black and use them later again when the other springs get rusty looking. The shroud shroud is very tight and I dont think it will fit over the springs if they get a thick powdercoat layer.

Picture from todays test drive .... nice sunny mild day. Nice ride!

Online Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #674 on: April 04, 2014, 11:48:55 PM »
Going great! Started our weekend with our usual monster triple shot flat white, breakfast of bacon, eggs and fried tomatoes.

Hauled the Breva out and picked up some stuff I purchased at auction, called in to Steamdriven (Kev, did I give you permission to be out on a Saturday morning!) :D and did a big loop around the outskirts of Christchurch before heading home. After lunch I was on the bike again to the outlying areas. Son wanted to know how to work the heat pump in his place so showed him the ins and outs and set the timer all ready for those cold winter mornings. Called in to see my old foreman whose wife had died, and afterwards called in to see my former dentist friend (retired) to give him a blast on the bike before it's winter hibernation. He was not home so carried on back home. Started raining reasonably hard by then but with the Rainex doing it's job on the visor and the waterproofing holding up on the suit it did not bother me. Not cold either so I just enjoyed my ride back home. I do like this bike! :bike ;-T ;-T ;-T

Back home, having a wine, fire going with some rugby on tonight. Perfect day! :BEER: ;-T

Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #675 on: April 05, 2014, 12:38:56 AM »
  I put haole grease on my arms, legs, and neck, and went for a three mile ride in the hot sun.
 The crown of the road makes one arm work harder than the other so I have to change sides of the road occasionally.
  A good ride all together.  At one point three young Wahines offered to help me up a hill.  I thanked them for their kind thoughts but
 explained that I do this for exercise.  Ah, to be young and live here --
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
« Reply #676 on: April 20, 2014, 07:18:45 PM »
Lindsey and I rode her Moto Guzzi, a Breva 750, to my aunt Diane's and uncle Jim's house today.

It was fun! Most of our family was there, I won a couple games of badminton. The weather was great, the Guzzi ran great, a nice day overall.
I was glad for the food, hospitality, and best of all company! Here are pics of the Guzzi... and desert! (yum)

oldbike54

« Reply #677 on: April 20, 2014, 07:43:25 PM »
 UK , doesn't look like Hobbit food to me  ;D Seriously , glad you two got out .
Dusty

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #678 on: April 20, 2014, 09:43:16 PM »
Won some, lost some.  Came out ahead fixing a twist in the trike frame.  It seems to have cost me my rotator cuff though.  No, not on the same arm that lost the bicep.  I'm determined to spread it around.

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
« Reply #679 on: April 21, 2014, 07:11:29 AM »
UK , doesn't look like Hobbit food to me  ;D Seriously , glad you two got out .
Dusty

You've been listening to ChuckBilbo Baggins haven't you?  ;)

redrider

« Reply #680 on: April 21, 2014, 07:52:10 AM »
Actually yesterday and it was good. I was on the bike for the first time since the crash. My knee was unable to bend enough to rest on the peg. Flexing through the considerable pain has been daunting. Most humans avoid it. Saturday found me with a foot in position but unable to upshift without reciting every Chinese cuss word in the scrolls. Sunday was grim faced determination. A few laps around the hood with increasing distance found me with some discomfort and a return of The Feel. Ten miles on the freeway was good but not ready for a tour.

Overall, Fantastic.

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #681 on: April 21, 2014, 08:05:58 AM »
If it weren't for luck and good reactions, I could be on a slab in the morgue right now. Idiot drivers everywhere yesterday.

First time, a big black Dodge Ram diesel pickup decided to pass me when there was oncoming traffic. Even though I was going 60 in 55 zone, even though it was a level, straight section of road and he could plainly see what was coming. If I hadn't slammed on my brakes and the Jeep in the oncoming lane hadn't drove off onto the shoulder, there would have been a horrific collision. I followed the young Beiber-lookin' dude to the convenience store where he stopped and let him and his girlfriend know just what I thought of his driving. He just stared at me without saying a word.

Other couple of times were just the usual - "drivers" turning left in front of me or pulling out of side roads in front of me. Always pickups or SUVs, almost always older drivers. 
Charlie

lucydad

« Reply #682 on: April 21, 2014, 08:32:17 PM »
Well Dusty, thanks for asking.  FIL with Alzheimer's is doing ok...it sucks watching his brain rot away though.

Brother is fighting his depression and anxiety.  His psych is going to retry another medication at lower dose.  We hope for the best.  Also I hope his lung spot is not cancer.

Mom bitched me out big time on Saturday.  Physically she is better, but she is not adjusting well.  She is a ball of anger and it all comes my way.

Wish me luck on my job search.  I networked another lead-- based in Houston, but travel to Angola.  Could be ok if they are reasonable. Otherwise work is bearable, but that is about it.

Daughters and wife and poodle are doing great, and I am thankful for that.  I turn 60 soon. 

Still love the V7R.  But for now I am signing off this board.  I am just not a good fit here.  Back to Two Wheeled Texans.  When admin starts baiting, I leave...

Ride safe all, and watch those corners with trucks coming in from one direction, bubbas the other, and lots of dust you just can't see until it is too late.

Good bye.

Online Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #683 on: April 27, 2014, 03:05:39 AM »
Had a good week actually.

Went to Melbourne for 6 days R&R, no reason, just needed the break.

After surfacing late on Friday morning took the Breva for a wee squirt not straying too far from home to just check that the gearbox was not going to self destruct (again).

Sat morning shot round to see Steamdriven (Kev); he was busy doing house painting so no weekend ride for him. So, Sat afternoon I went for a blat to Akaroa, a small touristy place with French heritage on the coast. There are a couple of hills so was able to give it a bit more of a workout. All seemed to be sweet so today Sunday I went for a longer ride; 190 miles return to Arthur's Pass, which resides in the middle of the Southern Alps. Temps were a bit on the cool side (48-51deg F), a strong head wind but fine, with the prospect of heavy rain coming later in the day. The bike ran beautifully, and going through the sweepers once over Porters Pass I had a rush of blood to the head and sat it at about 80mph and enjoyed the ride. Quite a few maggots on the road with long queues of cars stuck behind them, but very little going my way. Those that were pulled over and let me through which was unusual but nice.

Had a sandwich and a few cups of tea at one of the cafes at Arthur's Pass, then, as the clouds had started to look ominous I jumped back on the bike and headed home. Again, the bike ran like a dream. When Pete R. was here last he put his magic machine on the Breva and gave it a wee tweak. Economy has improved 6%, even going up hill for 95 miles with a strong head wind. The gearbox is going beautifully, thanks Kev and Pete for all your assistance. I was running Redline in it; this time Penrite synthetic has gone in and I think it is even quieter than it was with the Redline.

As this was the last day before it goes off the road for 6 months (gummint has just made it too expensive to have it registered  for the whole year). I wheeled it in to the garage as soon as I got home and drained the oil and replaced the filter all ready for October 27th when it goes back on the road. I have a container of synthetic Lucas V Twin SG rated oil to go in it; I have been using Castrol 4T dino and just changing it fairly regularly. Absolutely no sludge on the magnet at all. which I consider to be a good sign.

Back to work again tomorrow :'( after 10 days off and looking forwards to two days of predicted heavy rain; at least I finished with a perfect day today. ;-T
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Crusty

• Gaggle Hero
  • You can't put a price on Worthlessness.
« Reply #684 on: April 27, 2014, 08:27:15 AM »
It's been a crazy week. I've been wanting an Aerostich suit for years, and there's always a reason that I can't afford one. Last year, my priorities were to buy both the Darien jacket and pants, and get a Schuberth C3 helmet. I bought the pants with custom alterations (they fit perfectly), and was going to buy the jacket when Schuberth had a sale on C3s, so I bought one at $100.00 off (it fits perfectly, too) and was going to get my jacket soon after. As usual, Life got in the way of my plans, and I never did get my jacket.
Now, my thinking was that as a reward for enduring my cancer treatments (which aren't as bad as most other cancer treatments, but they still suck), I should go and get fitted for my Darien. I'm so broke I can't pay attention, but I have a credit card that I've kept at a zero balance that has lots of room. I didn’t know if I would actually act on this, 'cause I really hate to carry a balance on my card, but I still wanted to get fitted, and get the measurements, even if I didn't buy now.  I had planned to ride down to the Aerostich event in New Jersey on Saturday morning, since earlier this week, Intellicast had Saturday as being the nicest day, weather wise. However, when I looked at the forecast on Thursday morning, they were calling for miserably cold and wet weather for Saturday, but very nice weather for Friday. I called the hospital and they were able to move my BCD treatment to Thursday afternoon, which left Friday open to go.
I took the quick way down to New York; Mass Pike, I 84, I 91 and the Parkways. For years, I thought the W Cross Pkwy was the West Cross Pkwy. Yesterday, I discovered it's the Wilbur Cross Parkway. It's funny how I was mistaken for so long. Now, I feel that I should look up Wilbur and see why they named a Parkway after him.
Anyway, being that yesterday's ride was the first long ride I've taken since last Summer, I forgot a lot of items that I normally carry. The first one that I regretted was my cane. I had to stop and walk around a couple of times to free up my ankle which was screaming at me. Not having my cane with me made the process slower and more time consuming and turned a three hour ride into a four hour ride. I also forgot my hat, so I had to walk around with Helmet Hair; short bristly hair with a “skunk stripe” down the middle does absolutely nothing positive for my appearance. And I forgot my mapbook. I guess I'd better look through my stuff before going out for another long ride.
I managed to escape nearly all tolls since the GW Bridge is free outbound. (I did have to pay $.50 on the Mass Pike). I also managed to get lost in New Jersey, but eventually found the Shopping Center at 501 River Rd. Aerostich had rented a small store in there, and after cruising the parking lot, I found it.
When I went in, I discovered that I had misunderstood the purpose of the Event. I thought I could go in and buy a jacket and ride away wearing it. I was wrong. They're basically putting on a display and fitting event. I went in, put my name on a list  and was told that there were three people ahead of me. While I was waiting, I looked at the new R3 which they had right beside the older Roadcrafter, then looked at all the other suits they had on display. After about 15 minutes, I had a professional fitter measure me, and she put down what alterations were necessary to insure a perfect fit. I ordered a red Darien jacket with the right modifications. Shipping is free if you order at the event. There was a steady flow of interested customers, though I wouldn't call the place slammed. Even so, I saw enough people ordering while I was there to make me realize that the events must be profitable; if not in immediate sales, then in sales to folks who'll buy in the future. I know the event caused me to get off my ass and finally order my jacket after years of excuses for waiting. I can't be the only one.
After I left, I took Court's suggestion in reverse. I took back roads through the Palisades to Rt. 9W and leisurely rode up to the Bear Mountain Bridge. A toll of $1.50 is a lot easier for a cheap bastard like me to swallow than a $13.00 toll to cross over the same river downstream. There is some really beautiful riding close to New York City, which I find amazing. Nice, twisty roads with light traffic was what I found, and I had a thoroughly enjoyable ride, then stopped at the Texas BBQ for a late lunch. We stopped there at a ride a few years ago (the ride when my Uly ran out of gas on I 84 and Froggy had to rescue me), and I remembered the location. Uh, kinda. I remembered the place, I just wasn't sure where it was or even if it was still open. Anyway, I had a Chopped Brisket sandwich, with their BBQ beans and a can of Pepsi. The food was good, but nowhere near as good as either the Dinosaur or Redbones (my two favorite BBQ joints)
After that, it was onto I 84 for the ride home. I 84 through Connecticut was a nightmare. There was an accident just east of Waterbury that added an hour onto my travel time. Then, I hit Rush Hour while going through Hartford, which added at least another half hour to my travel time.
I also didn't know that Connecticut had so many Unmarked State Police Cruisers. I saw 8 black Dodge Chargers/Challengers (I can't tell the difference between the two) that had cars pulled over on the Westbound side, and I saw 4 silver Chevy Tahoes doing the same on the eastbound side. The trooper in one had a radar gun pointed at me, but I was doing really close to the limit, and he didn't get me.
I thought that was interesting, because on the ride down to New Jersey, I was running 80 MPH on the Parkways (the speed limit is 55), and people were blowing by me like I was crawling. I was able to keep up with the faster traffic when I kicked it up to 90. The Norge flat loves running at 90. Unfortunately, so do Ticket writers.
The cop fest didn't end at the Mass. border. I saw more Staties between CT and Home than I think I ever have. Even on I 190, where I seldom see any Troopers, there were 2 speed traps.
Anyhow, I made it home. My hands, neck and butt were all sore from being out of shape, and I was pretty much exhausted. I turned on the Idiot Box, and promptly fell asleep. I woke up at midnight, shut off the TV and went to bed.
It was a thoroughly enjoyable Ride, and in 6-7 weeks, I'll get my red Darien! A truly Good Day!

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms, you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

'07 Norge

Online nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #685 on: April 27, 2014, 09:45:19 AM »
Well Dusty, it's not over yet, but I'm just back from an early morning blast around some of Eastern Ontario's more entertaining roads.  The frost is coming out of the gravel, so some sections were a bit slick and soggy, but as usual, the Eldo handled it with poise and equanimity.

After a week of dreary work in the Ottawa fringes, and with the Nuovo Falcone new in my stable, I haven't been riding the Eldo as much as usual.  This morning though, she felt like an extension of my body and mind.  The sound, feel, performance, handling - all perfect to my needs - a great ride.

Nick

Canoe Lake Road

Wolfe Lake - Westport / Godfrey Road
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:53:18 AM by nick949 »

oldbike54

« Reply #686 on: April 27, 2014, 10:39:05 AM »
Thanks for the reports fellas , nothing like a day on a MC to set things right .
Dusty

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #687 on: April 27, 2014, 10:43:30 AM »
It's been a crazy week.

You got your priorities right anyway.

1) Find yourself broke, take a long ride and buy some really nice, expensive riding gear.
2) Cancer treatment due, postpone it and take a long ride.

Sounds like a good day out!

Lannis
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:44:22 AM by Lannis »
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #688 on: April 27, 2014, 10:54:21 AM »
Crusty, the difference between the Challenger and the Charger is very easy to tell.  Simply count the doors.  Two doors its a Challenger and four doors it is a Charger.  If it is a Statie car, it is a Charger.  I don't believe that Dodge is making a Police packaged Challenger, I know they do the Charger. :+=copcar  Hope this helps buddy. ;-T
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline Crusty

• Gaggle Hero
  • You can't put a price on Worthlessness.
« Reply #689 on: April 27, 2014, 11:57:17 AM »
You got your priorities right anyway.

1) Find yourself broke, take a long ride and buy some really nice, expensive riding gear.
2) Cancer treatment due, postpone it and take a long ride.

Sounds like a good day out!

Lannis

Lannis, re-read it. I had then move the BCG treatment up to Thursday. In other words, I had it done a day early.I didn't postpone it. Also, I put a lot of thought into buying the jacket. I put my shitbox pickup up for sale on Craigslist. When it sells, I'll immediately pay the card off. And yes, maybe I should do the sensible thing and save all my money so that when I'm on my deathbed I'll be able to donate it to some appropriate charity. Instead, I decided that since I have been going through a personal hell and endured things that scare, anger and humiliate me, I would do something that helped me realize a dream.
I bet you really get a kick telling little kids there is no Santa Clause.
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms, you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

'07 Norge

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here