Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 505880 times)

Online normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
Re: How was your' day
« Reply #690 on: April 27, 2014, 04:37:45 PM »
Yesterday, 100 mile out and back to the Hideout Saloon, a watering hole out in the mountains here. Twistys and sweepers. Rain further up in the hills so I kept it short.

Today, 8 gallons strike in at 160 F, mash in at 150. Yep, it's another batch of IPA in the works. Pizza Port Mongo store bought is great but it's killing my wallet.
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #691 on: April 27, 2014, 05:06:53 PM »
Was good till now.  Heavy line of T-storms moving through with 70-80 mph straight line winds, and currently, three confirmed, reported by spotters/law enforcement tornadoes with in 10 miles of home.  "Launch the cat 5 birds!" We are under attack by mother nature, and boy is she pissed!! :D
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #692 on: April 27, 2014, 05:42:27 PM »
Lannis, re-read it. I had then move the BCG treatment up to Thursday. In other words, I had it done a day early.I didn't postpone it. Also, I put a lot of thought into buying the jacket. I put my shitbox pickup up for sale on Craigslist. When it sells, I'll immediately pay the card off. And yes, maybe I should do the sensible thing and save all my money so that when I'm on my deathbed I'll be able to donate it to some appropriate charity. Instead, I decided that since I have been going through a personal hell and endured things that scare, anger and humiliate me, I would do something that helped me realize a dream.
I bet you really get a kick telling little kids there is no Santa Clause.

My post was intended to be a supportive one, indicating that I agreed with your priorities, and that you do the very things that I would do in your situation.   Apparently it didn't work.

By the way, the day I told my 4-year old there was no Santa Claus, it was the greatest relief of his young life.   The idea that there was a magic man who could show up in our house even with all the doors locked was really scaring him.   After that, we didn't do Santa Claus any more with our kids ... !

Lannis 
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #693 on: April 27, 2014, 05:48:27 PM »
My post was intended to be a supportive one, indicating that I agreed with your priorities, and that you do the very things that I would do in your situation.   Apparently it didn't work.

By the way, the day I told my 4-year old there was no Santa Claus, it was the greatest relief of his young life.   The idea that there was a magic man who could show up in our house even with all the doors locked was really scaring him.   After that, we didn't do Santa Claus any more with our kids ... !

Lannis 

Just goes to show the vagaries of the written word. I thought you were being supportive, too. <shrug>
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #693 on: April 27, 2014, 05:48:27 PM »

gahellinger

« Reply #694 on: April 28, 2014, 05:29:53 AM »
Got my '14 Norge on Thursday.  Put a little over 700 break-in miles on her over the weekend.  I am planning on getting the bike back to the dealer this Thursday for the initial service.  You have to love riding hilly curvy roads for hours on end in the pursuit of proper break-in.  What a rough life.

Since the bike is brown and I am a lifelong suffering Cleveland Browns fan, she has been anointed with the name, Brownie the Elf.

Offline Crusty

• Gaggle Hero
  • You can't put a price on Worthlessness.
« Reply #695 on: April 28, 2014, 07:20:47 AM »

My apologies. I thought you were being sarcastic. I've been feeling a bit stressed out,lately and I jumped to the wrong conclusion.
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms, you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

'07 Norge

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #696 on: April 28, 2014, 07:11:52 PM »
My apologies. I thought you were being sarcastic......

I probably do too much of that.   Don't blame you for thinking I was doing it again.   I need to make both the support and the sarcasm more obvious I guess!

Lannis

Penderic

« Reply #697 on: April 28, 2014, 11:11:16 PM »
Well, I had another good day getting chores done - got the mowing done using both lawnmowers I fixed up - one bogs down a bit in the thick stuff so I have to tweak the carb linkage to make it rev a bit faster ... but hey, it sat outside for 3 or 4 years! The other one is not priming right - but I should replace the old primer bulb that a rat half ate through.

And I have a e-bike - a trashed one to fix up - its an electric scooter with pedals, that a friends daughter bought without knowing what she was getting ... it is old and cheap, bent front end, rust, no brakes, seat taped on, taped electical parts .... etc. But it is fun taking the bike apart to the bare frame and making it work right using stuff out of my junk stash.

:)

lucydad

« Reply #698 on: May 01, 2014, 07:50:47 PM »
Dusty,

You are such a nice guy, how kind to ask.  Its been a long week, allergies kicked my butt from riding much of last weekend.  My ears have clogged and hearing is muted.  Makes work difficult, and my body has been fighting sinus headaches all week and my stomach does not like Claritin and advil. Anyway, it is slowly resolving.  Good friend in ABQ had to put his beloved dog down today (cancer).  That is always a sad and tough road.  Bride and I celebrate 27th wedding anniversary Friday, we will go to a fine Houston French restaurant.  Need a weekend.  Wife has biopsy on breast for an anomaly next Tuesday, we hope for the best.  Doc said 80% chance it is just fibrous and not a tumor, but they are careful.  Still no fun.  She survived ovarian cancer years ago and we hung on and still had daughters with one system working. Mom varies from angry to ok, brother-- who knows. Work sucks as usual, one company gave me a biteme today, but I was not very interested anyway.  Heck, tomorrow is Friday, that is a very good thing.

Need a ride, with I could do the Hearne thingy-thing:  worst possible weekend.  Oh well.

oldbike54

« Reply #699 on: May 01, 2014, 08:21:09 PM »
LD , the jury is out re the "nice guy" part but thanks anyway . Yeah , allergies are kicking my patootie this year , good grief can I relate to your suffering , kinda feels like the beginning of a bout with the flu some days  :(
 Do hope the docs are right concerning your wife .
 Unfortunately most jobs do kinda suck , even being the POTUS has its down side  ;) Hope something else materializes soon . Mean while , stiff upper lip and all , we are pulling for ya , apologies to Red Green  :BEER:
 My day , well despite some minor setbacks , not bad , weather was crisp , a few puffy clouds , light winds . Conducive to production . Of course , since these days my motor only runs about half speed , well... still got some good work done though  :) Hope everyone is well , even RK survived a most uncomfortable experience .

Dusty

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #700 on: May 02, 2014, 12:47:14 PM »
Not as good as I would have liked.  Got the rejection letter on the position that I applied for.  I really would have like to have had that position.  From what I am hearing the reason I didn't get it was because I was going to continue working at the prison also. In other words, because I work TOO hard.  ???  If I had lied and said that I was leaving the prison I probably would have gotten the position, but I can't do that. But compared to the battles others on here and in the world are facing, I have nothing to bitch about.  I'm still a very blessed man.  ;-T
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #701 on: May 02, 2014, 01:32:46 PM »
Recouperating from a minor medical procedure.  Abandoned the plan to stay inebriated until the discomfort goes away.  Discovered I'm no good at drinking or eating pills some years ago and confirmed it once again.   **C   Temp in the 60s today -- hot as any summer day.  I think I'll troll for photo ops.  I'll take the van.

oldbike54

« Reply #702 on: May 02, 2014, 03:02:19 PM »
Recouperating from a minor medical procedure.  Abandoned the plan to stay inebriated until the discomfort goes away.  Discovered I'm no good at drinking or eating pills some years ago and confirmed it once again.   **C   Temp in the 60s today -- hot as any summer day.  I think I'll troll for photo ops.  I'll take the van.
:D BOY , you and me both , on all accounts . Looking forward to the photos  ;-T
Dusty

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #703 on: May 03, 2014, 11:39:17 AM »
Not good right now.  Sitting in the ER with Lorraine,  waiting to see if she is having a heart attack. Presenting lots of signs.  Pacemaker firing on every heart beat.   Posting while waiting to help mediate the stress of not being able to do anything to help her.   :'(
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
« Reply #704 on: May 03, 2014, 11:44:35 AM »
Not good right now.  Sitting in the ER with Lorraine,  waiting to see if she is having a heart attack. Presenting lots of signs.  Pacemaker firing on every heart beat.   Posting while waiting to help mediate the stress of not being able to do anything to help her.   :'(

Oh man, sorry to hear that ST. :( I'm hoping for the best.

I had a bit of a screw up when working on the bike today... still trying to get my head on straight so I can resume the work.

Hang in there,
Joe

oldbike54

« Reply #705 on: May 03, 2014, 12:39:44 PM »
OH NO ! Keep us updated Matt , we love you two .
Dusty

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #706 on: May 03, 2014, 06:18:23 PM »
   Posting while waiting to help mediate the stress of not being able to do anything to help her.   :'(

Being helpless is something I can relate to. Deep breaths mate. She knows you are there for her.
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

lucydad

« Reply #707 on: May 03, 2014, 08:14:04 PM »
Dusty,

Still fighting allergies and low energy.  Wifey and I had a very fine 27th wedding anniversary dinner on Friday at a Houston french restaurant.  We recalled our many trips to Paris and la belle France, and also our honeymoon in London and Edinburgh.  I am one lucky guy to have her as my wife.

Used one of the little blue pills for the first time this morning:  heck, schwing and a happy wife.  Good stuff there, should have tried it earlier.  ::)

Otherwise a pretty mundane day of fixing stuff, errands and such, and two naps for my sinus headaches.  **C  I will ride the little goose to church tomorrow, but not much more until the pollen gets washed out of the air by a rain.  A Hearne ride would kill me right now.

Oh, and a couple small wins at work last week.  But Mr. Boss hates anything requiring a decision, he is such a failed middle manager.  We go on...

Oh, and momster seems a bit happier, she just maybe is adjusting to assisted living?  That would be a real blessing.

Thanks for asking, hope you are well...

Joe G

« Reply #708 on: May 04, 2014, 01:39:33 AM »
Been raining here all day. Almost midnight and still raining.

I don't like it.

JG

Offline Crusty

• Gaggle Hero
  • You can't put a price on Worthlessness.
« Reply #709 on: May 04, 2014, 03:09:04 AM »
Matthew; don't leave us hanging. What happened? Is Lorraine all right?
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms, you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

'07 Norge

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #710 on: May 04, 2014, 08:01:11 AM »
Matthew; don't leave us hanging. What happened? Is Lorraine all right?

Sorry, would never leave you guys hanging on purpose.  She seems alright, but they don't know what happened.  She appears to not have had a heart attack though she presented all the indicators of one.  Blood work show no elevated troponin markers.  A series totaling three Nitroglycerin tablets did not bring her relief.  But her pacemaker which normally paces 20% right now is pacing at 100%. Perhaps her sinus node has failed and is now being carried by the pacemaker.  She had a resting stress test last night, and this morning is having the treadmill and chemical stress test. She still is having the stabbing pain deep between her shoulder blades, and she says it still feels like a real tight band is around her chest.   She still feels like she has to take deep breaths to catch her breath.  So in conclusion she is still in the hospital, and we are hoping for answers, and for her to come home today.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

kirby1923

« Reply #711 on: May 04, 2014, 08:23:53 AM »
Matt,
Please keep us up to date!!!

She is a trooper!

mike

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #712 on: May 04, 2014, 03:33:59 PM »
SURVEY SAID!  Stress test looks great.  No sign of heart damage or heart disease. Got her heart up to 96% of target and it looked great.  Bad news is still don't know what caused the symptoms.  Lorraine has degenerative disc disease.  Fear that she may have another disc collapsing that may require her fourth neck surgery or fifth back surgery.  But she is home, and we did ask her doctor if her heart is healthy enough for ...... activity.  ;) :D   
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

DungeonMaster

« Reply #713 on: May 04, 2014, 10:08:28 PM »
Excellent!!!!
My wife and I rode up to Newcombs and we only saw one other Guzzi - a Jackal.
Since it was my wife's first time riding her Gladius to Newcombs herself it was a Very Great Milestone in her riding education.
We had a BLAST.

I found out since I was riding mild I kept my Griso in 4th or 6th gear all the way I got 50 MPG!!!! YEAH Baby!!!!!!!

lucydad

« Reply #714 on: May 10, 2014, 12:48:07 PM »
Dusty,

Thanks for asking.  Best news yesterday:  wife's breast biopsy shows the anomaly is not cancer.  We are really relieved, apparently she has the same situation as her mother:  fibrous mass-- but can look like a threat.  I notice she is much more chipper, it was a hard procedure and wait.

Momster at 93 seems to continue to adjust to assisted living?  She has not torn my head off for nearly 3 weeks now. 

Very fine ride this morning out into the fields of Ft. Bend and Brazoria counties.  The corn, soybeans, hay and everything are robust.  We even got a bit of rain yesterday and more predicted early next week.  My allergies can already feel a bit of relief.  Hearing is slowly coming back after getting whacked 2 weeks ago.

It is love bug season:  had to stop and clean my visor.  Bike was mucked up, so I parked it outside and got most of them off before they solidify and acid eat everything.  Nasty thingy-buggy bugs.  But, poodles love to crotch snarf my leather Aerostich pants:  nothing beats bugs, sweat, and dad's "complex"  pack smells after a bike ride.   :-*

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #715 on: May 10, 2014, 04:50:34 PM »

But, poodles love to crotch snarf my leather Aerostich pants:  nothing beats bugs, sweat, and dad's "complex"  pack smells after a bike ride.   :-*

Information overload!!!!!!!! ;D

Good to hear the good outcome Lucydad. ;-T
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #716 on: June 05, 2014, 05:13:49 AM »
have to say I had a FANTASTIC weekend.

Took last Friday off, and at lunctime five of us departed in two vintage cars to go on the 60th anniversary of the Irishman Creek vintage car rally. Cars have to be 1931 or earlier. I was one of three in a straight eight Dodge saloon, and my Bro and our mate Baz were in Baz's De Soto straight eight open "sports car". It is a bit modified and has the most amazing sound! ;-T ;-T

The weather was absolutely fantastic for the whole weekend and we drove the backroads of central South Island around Lakes Tekapo and Pukaki. Saturday we visited the Irishman Creek station, which was owned by the Hamilton of the Hamilton jet boat fame. The place now has a Historic Place category, and we were able to tour through his old workshop and see the power station he built when was either 13 or 15, and still goes powering the farm. Finished off at Mount Cook station where we had a spit roast lunch and a gymkhana. Even had a 1926 Scott TT Replica competing.  ;-T Water cooled, oil injected rotary disc valve two stroke twin. Very advanced for it's time.

Sunday was on the back roads, traversing three passes, going through fords and generally having a blast. We did split a split rim in the middle of the Hakataramea Valley miles from anywhere. Fortunately a farmer who was shifting  some stock  came by and offered us the use of his "shed"  (it was huge!) along with a mig welder, grinders, compressor etc. While the owner of the car welded it back up we drank beer with the farmer (we carried strictly medicinal supplies with us) and admired the fabulous scenery.

Monday was a public holiday so it was just a gentle cruise back home with a couple of stop offs to admire collections of vehicles. One guy has four Chrysler Airflows; not a common vehicle.

All in all, a most fantastic weekend. 140 old cars took part and about 350 people, we consumed 4 bottles of rum and numerous beers, the weather was fabulous and I got to see a lot of fantastic country that is not normally open to the public.   
03 Breva

oldbike54

« Reply #717 on: June 05, 2014, 07:11:56 AM »
That sounded fun  ;-T

Dusty

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #718 on: June 05, 2014, 01:26:17 PM »
That sounded fun  ;-T

Dusty

It was! ;-T ;D

Helped drown the sadness of the Thunder. :'(
03 Breva

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #719 on: June 05, 2014, 03:26:18 PM »

Momster at 93 seems to continue to adjust to assisted living?  She has not torn my head off for nearly 3 weeks now. 

My Mom at 83 started out hating it.  But then she went "Hmmmm".

1) People make my bed and straighten up my room every day, unless I really want to do it.

2) People ask me what I want to eat and fix it for me and wash the dishes.

3) I just call on the phone and people drive me to the gym or to church or wherever I want to go.

4) They come in and dust and vacuum my apartment and clean my bathroom and I just put my clothes in the hamper and they come back clean and folded.

5) I don't forget my medications any more because a nice lady comes by morning and evening to bring me my pills and remind me which ones.

6) I don't need to wear an "I've Fallen And I Can't Get Up" tipover-switch any more, because the people who can help me are right here.

7) I can do whatever I CAN do all day long.   Surf the Internet, read all those books I never read, watch car races on TV, walk around the lake, call one of the kids and take them out to eat, sit and chat for hours, no responsibility whatsoever.

The more I went to visit, the more I thought "Man, what a DEAL!"   I have no weak prejudices about my "independence" - but I will have a nice sidecar outfit parked outside so that my son can come over and ride me up into the mountains when I have a notion to go ....

Other than that, bring it!

Lannis

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here