Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 508922 times)

andrewdonald1

Re: How was your' day
« Reply #750 on: September 25, 2014, 05:08:38 PM »
Hmm how was my day?  
Yesterday it rained up here, and it was pretty chaotic.  

I've been running my ass off the last few months at work, we just let a couple folks go but that was good.. they were addicted to suffering and wanted everyone to join their band wagon.

The who can we blame game reared its ugly head this morning on one of my construction sites... turns out it really was nothing.. and no one will ever know what happened...

Overall the sun just came out, I've got a bit more work to do before I am off for the weekend tomorrow at noon.
That is good.. we have the Oyster Run up here in Seattle area this Sunday... lots and lots of bikes go to that.. all different types of bikes..

Meh.. overall.. a typical week...

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #751 on: September 25, 2014, 05:56:52 PM »
Good day for me today, drove to Kansas City, met a nice middle aged couple in Overland Park, the wife has MS and reciently has lost her ability to stand by herself 30 years post diagnosis.

Had a good demonstration, looks like I can get her the equipment to help her take care of herself while hubby's working. And they can afford to pay for it!

Makes me realize how blessed I really am.

Can't wait for the Oklahoma campout, LOVE fall weather!

John S.
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #752 on: September 25, 2014, 06:39:21 PM »
Fact is the job sucks, the boss sucks, the organization is incompetent.

I don't know if it's any comfort, but it's been like that at the four companies I've worked for.  Then I went out on my own and the stress lever is lower in many respects, although it's a roller coaster ride.  I wish you the best.  Any chance you can put out some feelers and quietly move to a better job?
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline GuzziPilot

• Gosling
« Reply #753 on: September 25, 2014, 06:58:21 PM »
Just acquired a 2012 Norge, and it sits majestically albeit quietly in the garage until I can get a plate on it.  Got it on the center stand for the first time today...not all hard!!!  Already wishing for spring  :bike
2012 GT8V Norge {The Faster Color}
2002 EV1100 - Vintage Red
Y2K Jackal {sold} - Red

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #753 on: September 25, 2014, 06:58:21 PM »

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #754 on: September 25, 2014, 07:04:05 PM »
Just acquired a 2012 Norge, and it sits majestically albeit quietly in the garage until I can get a plate on it.  Got it on the center stand for the first time today...not all hard!!!  Already wishing for spring  :bike

So Andiamo: "Top of the Great Lakes"..............Nipig on or Thunder Bay?

Nick

Offline GuzziPilot

• Gosling
« Reply #755 on: September 25, 2014, 07:07:13 PM »
So Andiamo: "Top of the Great Lakes"..............Nipig on or Thunder Bay?

Nick

Fairly close, but lets just say that not only do I watch the ore ships steaming through, but I can see Canada too!!  And yes, I'm talking the great Locks  ;-T

BTW nice collection you have....once I settle down....plan on growing my own

Lee
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:14:54 PM by Andiamo »
2012 GT8V Norge {The Faster Color}
2002 EV1100 - Vintage Red
Y2K Jackal {sold} - Red

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #756 on: September 25, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »
Dorcia said she'd drive so I can ride the Lario to the Kentucky rally.  ;-T No luggage on the Lario..yet.  Prepped for the trip. Should be gorgeous weather, and the last good ride of the season..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Scott84

• New Egg
« Reply #757 on: September 25, 2014, 07:23:05 PM »
Really bad my guzzi got backed over again for the second time in 2 weeks. Thankfully there was a note left this time.

Offline Scott84

• New Egg
« Reply #758 on: September 25, 2014, 08:17:53 PM »
Apparently my guzzi is an attract-or of terrible drivers. After talking to the lady that backed into it. She said the construction worker that helped her put it up said it wasn't the first time.... 

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #759 on: September 25, 2014, 08:33:33 PM »
Scott, there must be a safer place to park at work.  >:(
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

oldbike54

« Reply #760 on: September 25, 2014, 08:36:06 PM »
Scott, there must be a safer place to park at work.  >:(

Inside the building  ???

Dusty

Offline Scott84

• New Egg
« Reply #761 on: September 25, 2014, 09:01:37 PM »
I'm just going to fix my honda or buell and ride that back and forth to college now

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #762 on: September 25, 2014, 09:40:34 PM »
I don't know if it's any comfort, but it's been like that at the four companies I've worked for.  Then I went out on my own and the stress lever is lower in many respects, although it's a roller coaster ride.  I wish you the best.  Any chance you can put out some feelers and quietly move to a better job?

The bad news is that the organization is still incompetent and the boss still sucks ....  :D

At least that doesn't stress you now ...  ;)
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #763 on: September 25, 2014, 10:18:10 PM »
           While waiting for my shocks to be reconditioned and fitted with softer springs, I have been "reconditioning" the valve covers. The powder coated, trouble free finish that was applied a few years ago had been bubbling all year and the forced inactivity has been put to good use but to say that I have made a rod for my own back would be an understatement. Just removing the old black paint took a day and it seems that the stuff penetrated the alloy unevenly, requiring the use of #240 wet and dry to cut out all the blemishes. This sure is a learning curve and cutting corners has resulted in a long slow job. On the other hand, a couple of lessons have been learnt, chief among which is that I will never do this again ;D
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

oldbike54

« Reply #764 on: September 25, 2014, 10:22:49 PM »
Bill , experience can be a painful teacher  :D Maybe PC won't work in OZ , being upside down and all  ;D

Dusty

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #765 on: September 25, 2014, 10:36:39 PM »
            PC? Political Correctness :-\
            Upside down? If my fortunes changed, I would move to the US in a flash.
Oz
04 Cali

oldbike54

« Reply #766 on: September 25, 2014, 10:43:08 PM »
            PC? Political Correctness :-\
            Upside down? If my fortunes changed, I would move to the US in a flash.

:D :D :D :D   I was thinking the same thing in reverse  :o  You  might not like it here , we are full of Americans  :o :D

Dusty

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #767 on: September 26, 2014, 05:51:13 AM »
           While waiting for my shocks to be reconditioned and fitted with softer springs, I have been "reconditioning" the valve covers. The powder coated, trouble free finish that was applied a few years ago had been bubbling all year and the forced inactivity has been put to good use but to say that I have made a rod for my own back would be an understatement. Just removing the old black paint took a day and it seems that the stuff penetrated the alloy unevenly, requiring the use of #240 wet and dry to cut out all the blemishes. This sure is a learning curve and cutting corners has resulted in a long slow job. On the other hand, a couple of lessons have been learnt, chief among which is that I will never do this again ;D

You probably don't want to be a mold maker..  ;D

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #768 on: September 26, 2014, 01:34:48 PM »
It ended with chocolate cake and ice cream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DuLYO2ys1dII

70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #769 on: September 26, 2014, 05:28:31 PM »
You probably don't want to be a mold maker..  ;D

I'll bet you're right. I am handicapped by having to use my (weak) left hand for nearly everything. Bursitis in my right shoulder gets v. painful after even brief periods of use.
Oz
04 Cali

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #770 on: September 26, 2014, 08:28:22 PM »
It sucked out loud Dusty, AKA oldmower54

One of these days, I swear, it's gonna come down to one of two things;

1. They find me in a room playing with my own poop and singing like Axl Rose

or

2. I grab some middle management yesman peckerhead by the noseholes and enlarge them about six sizes.

No big deal<SHRUG> right?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 09:19:50 PM by Guzzistajohn »

Offline delrod

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #771 on: September 26, 2014, 08:54:44 PM »
Easy John how about we go for a ride tomorrow ?
Doug in Pittsburg KS
2003EVT

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #772 on: September 26, 2014, 09:13:01 PM »
Easy John how about we go for a ride tomorrow ?

Sure, me and Tim P are goin' down to Springdale. you still goin? We'll leave Springpatch about 9:00

Frulk

« Reply #773 on: September 27, 2014, 09:19:28 AM »
Work was busy but the ride home was stellar. Had to run between two rain squalls so I took a circuitous route back to the house.

Orange Guzzi

« Reply #774 on: October 07, 2014, 09:21:54 PM »
So how was it ?  :) :D ;D >:( :( 8)
Dusty

The wife wakes me three hours earlier then my normal roll out of bed time and informs me I have to take her for hand surgery. Oop, forgot.  Surgery went fine and so my day begins.  Bank, my coin laundry to do morning maintenance and home to take a short nap while the storm blows over.  The phone starts ringing and text messages roll in.  After and hour of the phone noise my wife in her pain pill daze tells me to read her text message, "does it say, the roof was blown off the coin laundry?"  So I walk around in circles, head out the door for a three mile ride to the building.  Leaving my house there was no apparent storm damage.  2 mile later, a straight line wind blew threw.  The roof was ripped off, the 32 X 75 pitched truss roof, all one piece, taking out 2 electric  poles.  4 news interviews and a news paper interview. Made the National news.  I learned that a 2 X 4 ceiling tile with 8 in fiber glass insulation will knock your head off when soaked in water and falling 4 feet with out warning. 

oldbike54

« Reply #775 on: October 07, 2014, 09:48:48 PM »
Dang it OG , that really blows . Hope your insurance is good and things get back to normal in a timely manner .

Dusty

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #776 on: October 07, 2014, 10:44:19 PM »
No hill for a climber, John. Hang in there.  ;D

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline dee g

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #777 on: October 08, 2014, 12:03:10 AM »
Signed up to work an 8 hour OT shift today, ended up spending my lunch hour with the boss 'discussing' next years vacation picks, and how his interpretation of our contract is different than everyone else's.  Geee...that particular section of the contract hasn't changed in the last two (or was it three??) negotiation sessions, why bring it up now?  

:beat_horse

On a lighter note, I learned a couple new firearm disarmament techniques and some new jitsu style attacks in karate class.   ;-T

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 12:04:04 AM by dee g »

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #778 on: October 08, 2014, 01:41:50 AM »
Got the trike's steering brake levers and mc's placed in my floorboards and tonight I got the floorboard bottoms cut and one welded in.  Tomorrow I hope to weld in the other bottom and do the final attaching of the floorboards to the lower frame.  It's the first 'work' I've done sine the surgery and it felt good.

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #779 on: October 08, 2014, 02:28:57 AM »
The bad news is that the organization is still incompetent and the boss still sucks ....  :D

At least that doesn't stress you now ...  ;)

HOW TRUE  ::(

My plan for the next 10 - 15 years is how I manage my head so that I don't end up choking the life out of somebody who desperately needs it  ;-T
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here