Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 508673 times)

oldbike54

Re: How was your' day
« Reply #960 on: May 16, 2015, 09:20:14 PM »
 Hang in guys , we all have things to do together and lies to swap  ;D

Dusty

lucydad

« Reply #961 on: May 18, 2015, 05:02:34 PM »
Dusty,

Better now.  Alzheimer's clinic is closed.  Ms. LD and I can leave the black hole orbit for more healthy places in the space-time continuum.

Other win:  youngest daughter not taking Mazda up to Brooklyn/NYC this summer.  Landlord won't let them park off street.  I am happy to hear that news.

Got 3 hours alone while Ms. drives FIL halfway to San Antonio.  That, my friend, is introvert heaven.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #962 on: May 21, 2015, 09:45:26 PM »
Traded elk burger and 'butt cheeks for some computer work today.  Turns out the elk is from near Gardiner, MT, where I lived for a while.  I worked for the National Park Service and among my assigned duties I was a member of perimeter patrol team.  The team was six men with sidearms and rifles and a pack train with serious camping gear and genuine Korean war C and K rations.  We were looking mostly for the gut piles that indicated poachers, and then we'd try to cut their trail and track them back to wherever they came from.  But we'd put out fires, search for lost hikers, downed aircraft or whatever happened near us.  When I found out where the elk meat originated, I told this story.  The guy giving me the meat looked sheepish and said "you might not want this, then . . . ."   :+=copcar   :D 

oldbike54

« Reply #963 on: May 21, 2015, 09:50:21 PM »
 Uh Oh  :D

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #963 on: May 21, 2015, 09:50:21 PM »

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #964 on: May 21, 2015, 10:22:43 PM »
It was good.  Finally got to ride my `04 750 Breva home 120 miles after months of frustration.  It again feels like a bulletproof bike.  8) After my diagnosis of fixing it I gave it to Encore Performance in Prescott, Az. to see if it was still rideable.  It took them awhile but now it's back to what it used to be.  ;-T  I had diagnosed it properly but fudged on 2 things and that's what had me stumped.  :'(  Now I understand more of how my baby Breva works.  :BEER:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:23:43 PM by Arizona Wayne »

lucydad

« Reply #965 on: May 21, 2015, 10:25:36 PM »
Wayne,

Excellent!  Small block Brevas are fab bikes.

Ride on.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #966 on: May 21, 2015, 10:38:24 PM »
Wayne,

Excellent!  Small block Brevas are fab bikes.

Ride on.

:+1 on that! ;-T
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #967 on: May 22, 2015, 04:48:44 AM »
It is going to be a great day as I retire in just a few hours! :BEER:
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #968 on: May 22, 2015, 06:31:59 AM »
It is going to be a great day as I retire in just a few hours! :BEER:
GliderJohn

Congrats John ;-T  All the best in your new "career". About 7.1/2 months to go for me. :'(
03 Breva

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #969 on: May 23, 2015, 06:34:11 AM »
Going into our fifth day of rain. We had snow in Telluride, rain at Great Basin National Park, rain and snow in Yosemite, rain and snow over Ebbett's Pass, rain at Grovers Hot Springs State Park, rain at Tahoe, rain in Truckee. Headed for Mill Valley tomorrow, Cambria on Monday. Drought country. Maybe we'll see some sun.

Having fun anyway, visiting old friends.
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline gsf12man

• Gosling
« Reply #970 on: May 23, 2015, 09:36:42 AM »

A couple of perfect days between the rainy ones, so I hurried to Hillhead, SD . . . not much going on there.
Tom K.

Suzuki V-Strom DL650A

Offline gsf12man

• Gosling
« Reply #971 on: May 23, 2015, 09:46:11 AM »
Thanks, Dusty!

Tom
Tom K.

Suzuki V-Strom DL650A

lucydad

« Reply #972 on: May 23, 2015, 09:19:19 PM »
Way over top wonderful.  So was yesterday.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #973 on: May 23, 2015, 09:27:53 PM »
Connected the battery on the trike today.  I might roll it under its own power tomorrow (yeah, right  ::) ).

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #974 on: May 23, 2015, 09:59:31 PM »
Good until...  Finally have a full weekend off, will be back on the road Monday.  Temperature low 70's, wind 2-3 kts, severe clear skies.  After weeks of rain everyday, the weather was perfect. Time to cut and bale the yard, clean the gutters, cut up the maple tree into fire wood, and clean up the property for the summer.  Chain saw shot, and the $250 isn't in the budget for a new Stihl, go rent one for $38 for four hours. I'll cut up the tree first then move on to the other chores of the day.   Tree is already down and sectioned, so now to just cut her up into manageable chunks for splitting later.  An hour and a half into the project, I'm cutting through a log while Lorraine and Gunner ( 4 year old grandson) are watching grandpa do manly things.  While bent over cutting through a log my back suddenly pops out and I damn near fall on the log and chain saw.  Now I can't stand up straight without the my lower back going into spasms. Lorraine helps me onto the porch then strips me out. Not going into the house with those wood cuttings and saw dust covered clothes on. Put me in a hot shower to clean up, then put me on our new Temper-Pedic extreme firm mattress.  Laying on my back it starts to relax.  Four hours later Lorraine is waking me up for supper.  Grilled brats, cheese and shells, and goodies for supper. Time for the hot tub. Gunner, grandma, Ryan and I climb into the hot tub (105 degrees) for an hour.  Back is relaxing but I won't be doing any clean and jerks for a while.  Over all, life is good.  Better than I deserve. I'm grateful.
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #975 on: May 23, 2015, 10:13:42 PM »
Good until...  Finally have a full weekend off, will be back on the road Monday.  Temperature low 70's, wind 2-3 kts, severe clear skies.  After weeks of rain everyday, the weather was perfect. Time to cut and bale the yard, clean the gutters, cut up the maple tree into fire wood, and clean up the property for the summer.  Chain saw shot, and the $250 isn't in the budget for a new Stihl, go rent one for $38 for four hours. I'll cut up the tree first then move on to the other chores of the day.   Tree is already down and sectioned, so now to just cut her up into manageable chunks for splitting later.  An hour and a half into the project, I'm cutting through a log while Lorraine and Gunner ( 4 year old grandson) are watching grandpa do manly things.  While bent over cutting through a log my back suddenly pops out and I damn near fall on the log and chain saw.  Now I can't stand up straight without the my lower back going into spasms. Lorraine helps me onto the porch then strips me out. Not going into the house with those wood cuttings and saw dust covered clothes on. Put me in a hot shower to clean up, then put me on our new Temper-Pedic extreme firm mattress.  Laying on my back it starts to relax.  Four hours later Lorraine is waking me up for supper.  Grilled brats, cheese and shells, and goodies for supper. Time for the hot tub. Gunner, grandma, Ryan and I climb into the hot tub (105 degrees) for an hour.  Back is relaxing but I won't be doing any clean and jerks for a while.  Over all, life is good.  Better than I deserve. I'm grateful.

I hate it when I'm on a roll and that happens.  Wheelbarrow to wheelchair in a heartbeat. .  . .  It's the weekend, Truck - indulge in some unmanliness for the night.  Tell them I said it's OK.

Penderic

« Reply #976 on: May 23, 2015, 10:29:33 PM »
Sorry to hear about your back spasms, Stormtruck2. You are lucky to have a good strong spouse to help out in those emergencies!

Weather has been perfect last couple of weeks and I have made good progress on my outdoor landscaping. Lots of rocks and a few boulders have been moved, many by hand, and today I finally got the big boulder blocking my new lane taken care of.

Too heavy to pick up, I can slide and flip the beast. Where to put it?

I dug a deep hole in a nearby soft spot.

And ........ and...... and........  :BEER:

lucydad

« Reply #977 on: May 27, 2015, 08:48:50 PM »
Dusty,

Flying to Savannah tomorrow for youngest daughter's college graduation.  She made a 3.88 GPA, 4.0 in her Motion Media Design Graphics major, and hence is an honor graduate.  Eldest daughter flying down from NYC to make it a full family party.  Should be a memorable, and meaningful event.  She has a paid internship with great company in NYC starting mid-June.  Bet it turns full time before end of summer. Before that is road trip with 3 friends including stops here and a week at our cabin in San Juan, County, CO. 

Heck of a young lady, I am very proud of her.  For us, a huge raise, and my last true goal before my retirement beckons.  That personal, and huge switch will be thrown at the right time...could be fall, could be next spring,  when I am ready and know it is time.  One snark from Mr. Boss would do it though.

Poodles are nervous, they hate to see the suitcases.  Some time out of here will be nice, and hopefully sunshine and no rain.

Grateful.

Penderic

« Reply #978 on: May 29, 2015, 03:04:26 AM »
And yesterday I got most of the boulders and rocks tossed in the hole. ;-T

And today I finished topping off the rocks in the hole with even more smaller rocks and then filling will stony soil. 

Next the  ~; stump!

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #979 on: May 29, 2015, 03:34:43 AM »
Do you live on glacial outwash?

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #980 on: May 29, 2015, 03:51:55 AM »
             Making the most of the perfect 77F day. No rain, hardly any traffic and a great fang up the Obi Obi hill ;D
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #981 on: May 29, 2015, 09:01:24 AM »
Great! Here's a picture of Mouser when I first rolled her out on the runway on 5-29-82 after a pretty intense 1 1/2 year 1100 hour build.

Finished the annual condition inspection this morning, and went for a putt on her birthday, a tradition.
Snuggled down in the cockpit and thought, " Chuckie, are you bringing your A game? Uhh.. no. After all I haven't flown Mouser since July of last year, and have been flying a Piper since. Haven't flown *it* since October." "Oh, yeah, forgot. Maybe your C+ game?"  ;D
Charlie Lindbergh doesn't have anything on me, you can't see forward out of Mouser, either, so you have to look straight ahead and pick up the runway with your peripheral vision. Open the throttle, and think..gentle gentle.. check temps/pressures/rpm normal, put the airspeed on 90 and break the surly bonds of earth. Fly around a bit, do a few coordination exercises.. gentle gentle.. this ain't no Piper..and get in the pattern to land. Put the airspeed on 85..gently.. turn base.. oops 82 relax a little back pressure.... there and turn final. The runway's made, get rid of the rest of the throttle, and slow to 80 over the fence. Look straight forward and pick up the runway on both sides.. 15 feet (roughly) gently flare and let speed bleed off. There's the grass. Keep her going straight until walking speed.
Uh, huh.. cheated death again.. it was good for me.  ;D What fun!
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

lucydad

« Reply #982 on: June 01, 2015, 09:00:11 PM »
Dusty,

Really busy past few days.  We all flew into Savannah, GA to see my youngest daughter graduate from SCAD.  She is now a magna cum laude degreed young lady.  Major was motion media, and she has a paid internship in NYC starting mid-June.  Very, very worn out daddy though keeping up with the girls, and the many moving parts, and last dorm move out and clean up, and pack out.  She and friends will be here late tomorrow for a night.  Then commences a long road trip thru TX, NM, CO and AZ. 

Very pleased, and very ready to slow down...

LD

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #983 on: June 01, 2015, 09:56:59 PM »
Well Dusty, I got pissed and quit my job today. One of our patients had to be told her bariatric vaginal wedge wouldn't be covered by Missouri medicaid and guess who drew the short straw?

But as luck would have it, there was an opening for a crescent cutter at the local shithouse factory and shazam! I'm back to work.

Life is good ;-T
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #984 on: June 01, 2015, 11:46:40 PM »
Well Dusty, I got pissed and quit my job today. One of our patients had to be told her bariatric vaginal wedge wouldn't be covered by Missouri medicaid and guess who drew the short straw?

But as luck would have it, there was an opening for a crescent cutter at the local shithouse factory and shazam! I'm back to work.

Life is good ;-T

Are they still hiring at the shithouse factory?  Delrod and I might be interesting in relocating for a fine job like that!
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #985 on: June 02, 2015, 12:46:08 AM »
Well Dusty, not only had a great day, I had a great weekend. Went along on the annual Vintage Car Club run, called the Irishman creek Rally, named after the Irishman Creek Station (a large farm) where they had the initial rally and where they bunked in the woolshed.  Had fantastic weather. These guy's cars (they must be built before 1931) are not trailer queens! Plenty of 4 wheel drive tracks, fords and farm tracks. Got to see the workshop where Hamilton designed the Hamilton Jet unit as used in jet boats. Absolutely amazing scenery.  The De Soto straight 8 I was in never missed a beat. There were two bikes on the rally, a 28 HD with a chair and a 31 Scott TT replica. Both made it to the end! ;-T

Looking forwards to next years one. ;D
03 Breva

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #986 on: June 02, 2015, 06:09:57 AM »
Are they still hiring at the shithouse factory?  Delrod and I might be interesting in relocating for a fine job like that!

I'll see if I can pull some strings for you guys. It would be great if we could all work together!

andrewdonald1

« Reply #987 on: June 02, 2015, 06:53:16 AM »
Hmm how was my day yesterday?
Yesterday was a day of surprises at work.
Two early in the morning about future hires coming in, pleasant on that front.
We lost a customer yesterday: can't say I am truly disheartened on that - It all comes down to expectations on both sides of the fence.
Then another surprise after I went back up to the work week room I rent, the land lords son came around after years.. I could recognize the face around the eyes, but so much general difference in appearance (for the good) that I would have walked right by him in the public.

So it was a weird day for me. 
But losing the customer actually I think wasn't that bad.. sometimes when you are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, at some point you realize it isn't working no mater how much force you apply. 

oldbike54

« Reply #988 on: June 08, 2015, 03:40:50 PM »
 Not wonderful . My sister's constant companion long haired Dachshund finally passed due to congestive heart failure . She went peacefully , simply stopped breathing as I was petting her and saying goodbye . No pet ever had a better life .

Dusty

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #989 on: June 08, 2015, 03:57:27 PM »
Not wonderful . My sister's constant companion long haired Dachshund finally passed due to congestive heart failure . She went peacefully , simply stopped breathing as I was petting her and saying goodbye . No pet ever had a better life .

Dusty

Poor poor weenie dog. Glad he went peacefully dusty. He's chasing all the short legged squirrels in doggie heaven now.

John in springburg

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here