Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 505828 times)

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
Re: How was your day
« Reply #1110 on: December 05, 2015, 02:26:26 PM »
The 4th was my birthday, have made it to 67.  on holiday with only 5 working days until retirement.  Bro and sis-in-law are over from Oz and we are having a great time. Very pleasant day with me cooking the world famous MUZZABURGER for tea with the family over. The grandsons requested the world famous MUZZABURGER as it is about their favourite meal.  Later on one of the nephews and family came over, which resulted in considerable consumption of red wine. Had to leave my bike ride until the 5th. Beautiful warm day, bike running like a Swiss watch and even saw a nice Norge with a couple in full gear going for a ride.

Today Sunday I am contemplating two days back at work putting my proposed replacement through the hoops to see if he wants to take on my job, then only THREE days until retirement.

Having lots of part-time job offers coming in :rolleyes: to fill in all that free time I will have! Yeah, right. I want to do a bit more  :bike-037: touring. :thumb:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1111 on: December 23, 2015, 03:15:18 AM »
Hang it Dusty, no one else having a good time?

I am now RETIRED!!!!!

Final day went well and was given a nice send off with a cash gift that has given my tool fund a big boost. Lots to do, in fact, so much I don't know what to do first, perhaps a  :bike-037:
03 Breva

oldbike54

« Reply #1112 on: December 23, 2015, 08:20:37 AM »
Hang it Dusty, no one else having a good time?

I am now RETIRED!!!!!

Final day went well and was given a nice send off with a cash gift that has given my tool fund a big boost. Lots to do, in fact, so much I don't know what to do first, perhaps a  :bike-037:

Gotta agree , ride first , and maybe second , then think for a bit , ride some more , check in at home , pet the dog , and ride just a little more  :bike-037: Good job mate  :bow:

Dusty

lucydad

« Reply #1113 on: December 23, 2015, 09:28:22 AM »
Dusty,

Nice of you to ask.  First of all, I want a MUZZ BURGER.

Both daughters are here.  I have no words for how much I love, admire and respect their mutual accomplishments in life.  Youngest snagged a full time, with benefits job offer a few weeks ago in NYC.  Wonder why I can contemplate stuff like a new car?  These young ladies have shown the maturity, drive and worth ethic to become financially independent.  Wow. 

We have had family puzzle and game nights with Negronis. Fun and loud.  Girls are planning a roast beef for Christmas dinner, can't wait on that meal including garlic mashed potatoes and a fine wine. It is wonderful they both came home.  I suspect the visits will become more rare as the years go by. 

I am one grateful dad and spouse.  New house, well it is almost done.  What a circus though.  Still jumping hoops to get final loan approval.  Should close early January though.  My outdoor full kitchen is finished, need to ride down to check out the future Tiki Bar.

Called my older brother.  His anxiety/depression is getting worse.  He has been trying to get the nerve up to get out of his house in Billings, MT and see his dentist.  Caught him about a half hour before having to drive there, and he was a wreck.  Agoraphobia is one of his diagnoses. He fell in the shower a few weeks ago.  Makes me sad to hear his agony, his voice is rough and raspy and forced.  Mom, by contrast at 94 and in assisted living is doing great.  Many friends have lost jobs in oil industry this year.  Tough road I think this cycle is extreme.  Grandpa Larry's Alzheimer's progresses, we will take our time with a month or more of care in the Spring, after we are moved into the new house.

Anyway, as Tiny Tim said:  God bless us all.   

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1113 on: December 23, 2015, 09:28:22 AM »

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1114 on: December 23, 2015, 01:59:47 PM »
Dusty,

Nice of you to ask.  First of all, I want a MUZZ BURGER.

Get down here to the backside of the planet LD and your wish shall be granted. :thumb:

Good to hear the good gnus LD, our daughter was much the same as yours were.  The son, weeeeell, not so much. However, in the last few years he has really come in to his own and is making a really good go in his business. Funny, came back from holiday to a help call, the ramp for his wheel alignments had gone somewhat awry. Spent two days with the hammer drill, welder and grinders and got a fantastic text from him with thanks and saying it had never gone so well. :thumb: Always nice.

All the best with the building plans and the rest of the family problems, and here's to a great festive season to you and yours.

Muzz (maker of the world famous "Muzzaburger) :food:
03 Breva

Penderic

« Reply #1115 on: December 23, 2015, 04:20:03 PM »
I think the Christmas Spirit is getting to me, and a song coming on .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6c8C6nixF0

Online tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1116 on: December 29, 2015, 09:55:34 PM »
How was my day? SWEET !
I am on a 5 day Stelvio trip into Florida. 400 miles first day.
Maintaining approx 70~75mph and ave an indicated 48mpg ! Up around H-D territory,lol.
Stock seat that I cut foam to level, alternate between beads and Airhawk. Not bad..
Tomorrow, will spend time w/ wonderful ex~inlaws (Tampa area, 86 degrees)
 New Years Eve day, visit ghosts of my past in Venice,Fl.
Nice to get away from Atl. Rain,rain,rain.
Went for a dip this evening in the outdoor hotel pool in Ocala.
Maybe post a road trip pictorial ?....
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

oldbike54

« Reply #1117 on: December 29, 2015, 09:57:43 PM »
 Good job Michael  :bike-037:

Dusty

Penderic

« Reply #1118 on: December 30, 2015, 05:24:16 AM »
Hi Dusty - visiting a few friends that have been busy cooking up lots of the food they bought for the festivities. I am going to gain a few pounds this week for sure! Burp.

And a big B-B-Q on New Years Day at another good friends place! All right! Lets Eat!

But first .....we dance!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 05:27:23 AM by Penderic »

lucydad

« Reply #1119 on: December 30, 2015, 09:33:36 AM »
Penderic, all:

Thanks for the grin!  Wow what a busy Christmas with my daughters here.  They drink me under the table though.  I have been fighting the winter blahs (not enough sun, very wet--radical changes from heat/cold).  Spring will come.  Need to get on two wheels.

And I admit, after 3 months retired:  getting a bit bored.  The pace should pick up after we close on the new house January 7th though.
The adjustment, as I know, is a process.  I will get there. 

Having lunch with my buddy Ed today, that is good.  Chinese place is right by "toy store" so I will check out the acres of pretty motorcycles.  Triumph sales manager always says hello, he thinks I need a new Bonnieville...(of course).

Mom is struggling, had stomach flu:  serious stuff for a fragile 94 year old.  Brother's mental health issues continue to deteriorate:  brain scan is up next as nothing is helping him (after nearly 5 years).  Grandpa Larry's Alzheimer's has a new "indication"-- he is throwing all his personal treasures away saying "I don't need these"--things like his Eagle Scout medal from when he was a kid.  Sad.

Oh well, poodle walk time.  I will work on learning GoPro editing. 

Thanks for asking.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1120 on: December 30, 2015, 09:42:42 AM »
yesterday morning I was awakened by a 4.3 earthquake at 5:30.  Couldn't go back to sleep after a couple of aftershocks. 

Frozen sleet on the ground.  Bleah

Now I am just stuck in the house watching the hype for tomorrow's big game.  NY's Eve is shot: either I'll watch more football, if we lose, I'll head to the movies. 

:whip2: :whip2: :whip2: :whip2: :whip2: :whip2:

And it looks too cold for NY's Day ride to Seaba Station.    :blank: :blank: :blank:

Dusty, you can bet your sister took a good thumpin'.  She was a couple of miles from the epicenter. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 10:48:32 AM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #1121 on: December 30, 2015, 10:26:34 AM »
Freezing rain on top of a bit of snow, so no riding for Nick today! :sad: :angry:

Switching back and forth between writing a chapter on hiking in the Welsh border country, and compiling another 'year end' video to bore you all with.  I've also discovered that trying to do either of these things while drinking Quebec's 'Maudite' (8% alcohol) or La Fin du Monde (9%) doesn't really work.

Happy New Year (in advance)

Nick

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #1122 on: January 02, 2016, 07:15:51 PM »
Skied a couple of days with my kid over Christmas break. We were fooling around with a GoPro clamped to the end of a ski pole, so we shot a run for her grandparents, who have never seen her ski. Five inches of new snow.
https://youtu.be/Y3AuXbilWBY
I've been teaching out of the Vail Village ski school over the holidays and the snow has been tremendous. A lot of time showing good skiers around the back bowls and tree runs.

70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline Nic in Western NYS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1123 on: January 02, 2016, 07:21:19 PM »
Spirited ride in the Western NC mountains.  45F, sunny, with the heated grips and Gerbings heated gloves, it was fantastic. HNY everyone!
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

Online tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1124 on: January 02, 2016, 07:31:45 PM »
Left 5 days ago for Venice.           
Florida, that is.
 1,400 miles on Herkimer the Stelvio.
Left a miserably cold and wet "Hotlanta" for a trip down the Fl. coast and 86 degree weather.
Caught up with outlaws and friends from 25yrs.ago.
I LOVE MOTORCYCLES !!!!!!!
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

oldbike54

« Reply #1125 on: January 02, 2016, 07:50:18 PM »
Florida, that is.
Left a miserably cold and wet "Hotlanta" for a trip down the Fl. coast and 86 degree weather.

Yep , me too Michael  :bike-037:

Dusty

lucydad

« Reply #1126 on: January 04, 2016, 03:48:36 PM »
Dusty,

First Guzzi ride of 2016 today!  Weather is cool, clear, sunny and just beautiful after about ten dreary ones.  V7R fired right up.  Only rode about 35 miles, tomorrow I hope to get more in.  Had to wait for floor tile cleaners to finish today.  Ms. LD has a bad cold with terrible cough. She goes back to work tomorrow.  I did NOT have a back to work, post holiday Monday.  Whee!

Eating half a ham sandwich.  House walk thru is now scheduled end of this week and closing 1/15.  We will see if these dates are real.  Current snag is waiting for utilities to hook up power meter so we have electricity other than generator. 

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1127 on: January 04, 2016, 04:52:46 PM »
Smokin ribs.
Nursing a cold from all this stupid cold weather we've had here in SoCal. (!) I've been freezin my buns off.. they aren't prepared for cold. No insulation in the house, etc.  :smiley:
Today's the first warm day (mid 60s) since we've been here, so I filled the Mighty Scura's tank, added Stabil, and put it on the work stand with a prop under the engine to keep both wheels off the floor.
9 year old granddaughter Iris loves ribs and always wants me to smoke some while we're here. I was putting the mustard and dry rub on them last night, and she said, "Those look delicious.."  :smiley:
All they have is a grill, and it's a challenge. Naturally, I can't let her down.  :smiley: Grandpa should have bought Her KId a smoker for xmas..
Rain tomorrow, and we're headed home Wednesday..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #1128 on: January 04, 2016, 05:30:05 PM »
Florida, that is.

Had a house on Golden Beach on the Island. Nice place except for the Snowbirds.

Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

bpreynolds

« Reply #1129 on: January 05, 2016, 06:02:22 AM »
Birthday was yesterday (the 4th), cracked the 45 mark.  It was a good day overall but punctuated by my usual follies in the garage.  I have a graduate degree and have been a library manager now for some 12 years or so but put a wrench in my hand and call me a monkey when it comes to the garage and mechanic work; it never goes easy for me in there.  About a year ago I bought a '99 Triumph Thunderbird Sport project bike so that I could learn some wrenching aside from the standard oil changes and such that I had always done prior to then.  Why oh why I did not buy a simple CB or something as this is a carbed, overbuilt triple that has many engineering conundrums.  But that's another thread.  Yesterday I replaced both sprockets and went to replace the chain but could not find a master link anywhere in the new chain box.  Looked all over and then spent an hour and a half googling on the web to make sure there wasn't something somehow, someway I was not understanding as per the chain, eventually deciding that I had received a chain without a master.  Went out to the local bike shop and got one, returning some 3 hours later to the garage only to walk in and almost illuminated on the floor in front of me was the master link that had fallen out of the chain box earlier  :boozing:  Always the same with me in the garage  :grin:

lucydad

« Reply #1130 on: January 05, 2016, 08:42:43 AM »
BP,

Glad you found the Master Link!  Sounds a lot like my follies in life. 

My best friend has an interview today.  He was laid-off my CVX last fall, so I am happy he is getting some well deserved chances to get back into his engineering career. 

I am waiting for temps to warm up to go for some sort of two wheeled ride.  Ms. LD goes back to work today.  I will enjoy the life of a retired gentleman wonk.

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #1131 on: January 05, 2016, 09:27:13 AM »
Birthday was yesterday (the 4th), cracked the 45 mark.  It was a good day overall but punctuated by my usual follies in the garage.  I have a graduate degree and have been a library manager now for some 12 years or so but put a wrench in my hand and call me a monkey when it comes to the garage and mechanic work; it never goes easy for me in there.  About a year ago I bought a '99 Triumph Thunderbird Sport project bike so that I could learn some wrenching aside from the standard oil changes and such that I had always done prior to then.  Why oh why I did not buy a simple CB or something as this is a carbed, overbuilt triple that has many engineering conundrums.  But that's another thread.  Yesterday I replaced both sprockets and went to replace the chain but could not find a master link anywhere in the new chain box.  Looked all over and then spent an hour and a half googling on the web to make sure there wasn't something somehow, someway I was not understanding as per the chain, eventually deciding that I had received a chain without a master.  Went out to the local bike shop and got one, returning some 3 hours later to the garage only to walk in and almost illuminated on the floor in front of me was the master link that had fallen out of the chain box earlier  :boozing:  Always the same with me in the garage  :grin:

Sounds like me in the garage.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1132 on: January 05, 2016, 12:16:29 PM »
Sounds like me in the garage.

Dean

I've never done anything like that.. :cool: :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #1133 on: January 05, 2016, 12:30:52 PM »

Carrying a spare in the tank bag is always a good idea.  So, you're set.
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline trippah

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1134 on: January 05, 2016, 12:42:08 PM »
Well, single digits here in leatherstocking land.  Checked the kitchen mousetrap and viola, 1 each KIA.  Checked the basement trap, gone is the cheese.  Off to the hardware store for more disposable traps, the olde folks in front of me had some also.  So far, said one, we've gotten twenty.  Wow, I'm one my second.  The man chuckes, well I've already gotten one in a trap I set behind the engine of my motorcycle.  Neat, says I.  That was some good motorcycle engineering to leave space for the traps. :grin:

bpreynolds

« Reply #1135 on: January 05, 2016, 03:47:42 PM »
I've never done anything like that.. :cool: :smiley:

Stories like those, I've got a plenty.  Moe, Larry, and Curly come to me for inspiration.  Did I ever tell ya about that time I forgot to let the pressure out of the radiator before pulling the side drain screw out while sitting directly in front of it?   :thumb: Talk about trying to stick your finger in the dyke.   :thumb: :boozing:  Glad I didn't try to make a mechanic nor anything on the engineering front.

oldbike54

« Reply #1136 on: January 05, 2016, 04:08:25 PM »
 Bipper , it simply isn't necessary to have an advanced degree so one may embark on mechanical misadventures , even us mere graduates of grammar school are more than capable of losing the occasional tool . In fact , this poor denizen of Oklahoma once misplaced an entire tool box  :rolleyes:

Dusty

lucydad

« Reply #1137 on: January 09, 2016, 09:16:28 PM »
Dusty,

This:

Ok, so I called my brother this afternoon, he was not up to a call, and said he would call back.  We did food store, came back and he actually left a message on our phone.  That has not happened in maybe 4 years?  Ate dinner, and he just called after dinner.  Something new:  he has gone to new doctors as his old one moved out of town.  This doctor group did a major exam and review.  Their tentative diagnosis:  parkinson's disease.  They said his speech, imbalance, depression, tongue and eye movements and other symptoms are classic parkinson's.  They are doing a brain MRI on Thursday and hope to get a definite diagnosis from the local neurologist.

Ms. LD commented:  wow, now I get your comments on your brother's vocal rhythms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson%27s_disease

That would explain a lot.  His speech has really changed in the past 3-4 months.  To me, at least with a diagnosis maybe they could refine treatment instead of the random drug attempts (all failed).  Or maybe, they just taper off all the drugs? A symptom is digestive issues, and he has had hell there too.  He fits the profile.  Perhaps his original issues over four years ago were parkinson's onset, but no doctor figured that out.  Muhammad Ali and Michael J. Fox have parkinson's. 

Anyway, there you go.  Maybe the years long puzzle is about to be answered. 

Heck of a deal.  Say a prayer for him.

2016 is starting off with a bang.

bpreynolds

« Reply #1138 on: January 10, 2016, 06:50:34 AM »
Ugh.  So sorry, LD. 

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #1139 on: January 10, 2016, 11:05:45 AM »
Checked the kitchen mousetrap and viola, 1 each KIA.

You need one of these.

70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here