Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 505899 times)

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: How was your' day
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2013, 08:19:49 PM »
Keep on keeping on, RK.. ;-T
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

oldbike54

« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2013, 08:21:25 PM »
What other forum boasts such a wealth of knowledge on such a broad variety of subjects . I love this place .
Dusty

lucydad

« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2013, 08:52:25 PM »
Dusty,

Youngest, purple haired daughter is home from college for the summer.  She is a hat trick and a half.  For my birthday she painted me an oil painting of our Colorado cabin...special stuff to me.  We took her and BF to Italian dinner...fun stuff and they just left to go to his house for the night (I don't ask questions at age 20).  Happy.  Spawned some great young ladies. :D

oldbike54

« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2013, 09:25:26 PM »
Dusty,

Youngest, purple haired daughter is home from college for the summer.  She is a hat trick and a half.  For my birthday she painted me an oil painting of our Colorado cabin...special stuff to me.  We took her and BF to Italian dinner...fun stuff and they just left to go to his house for the night (I don't ask questions at age 20).  Happy.  Spawned some great young ladies. :D
Some of the nicest , most responsible young people I meet have purple hair , and piercings , and tattoos ,and all kinds of other stuff . Remember , our generation kind of set the pattern , as it were .Damn hippies .

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2013, 09:25:26 PM »

Jim 06B1100

« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2013, 09:38:22 PM »
Got up...which is a great start to any day....cooked breakfast...went to church....played some mini golf with my wife and 10 year old daughter....then... changed into the riding clothes and the Big Breva and I went for a nice 100 mile ride.   It appears that  changing the air filter and replacing the plugs contributed to giving me the best gas mileage I have ever experienced.  About 43 miles per gallon. 

Riding conditions in my part of the world were partly cloudy, breezy with a temp of about 77 degrees F.    Some very nice roads and scenery...but I didn't stop to take any pics.

Jim.

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2013, 10:34:06 PM »
          Rode to the Mt. Mee lookout this morning via Peachester and Woodford. The smog/haze of the coastal strip was absent on this fine,clear day making the sandhills of Moreton Island clearly visible. Not visible enough however, for pics. Tried that a couple of weeks ago from a much closer lookout at Buderim, where you are under the smog. Turned out pretty poor. My little camera just doesn't have the grunt ;D   
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline Randown

• Long Beach, CA
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2013, 10:36:31 PM »

Was is the local mountains today on my Husky, stopped at a hangout area, Leno was there, mentioned I had a gootsie ...he says, "You really got to be an enthusiast to ride a Moto Guzzi..."

Fun & funny I guess.

Flippity Floppity Floop

oldbike54

« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2013, 10:43:18 PM »
          Rode to the Mt. Mee lookout this morning via Peachester and Woodford. The smog/haze of the coastal strip was absent on this fine,clear day making the sandhills of Moreton Island clearly visible. Not visible enough however, for pics. Tried that a couple of weeks ago from a much closer lookout at Buderim, where you are under the smog. Turned out pretty poor. My little camera just doesn't have the grunt ;D   
;D A big bore kit might help your camera Bill . I really like that more people are posting on this thread . Leno huh , some helmet manufacturer needs to build the man a helmet that covers up his jaw . ;D

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2013, 12:21:07 AM »
Got to see son and grandson on skype, love that Dick Tracey tech ;-T. Finally got to mow, more like brushhoggin after the rains. Leg still hurts like fire, taking PBRs and soma to get some sleep.  Wife's eyes continue to improve (macular hole surgery, be nice, Dusty, lol), she is able to help with the chores and maybe she can drive next week. I go to PT 3 times a week, and brun hilda is kicking my arse.  :beat_horse Bad wx, too sore, no time to ride. Soon will start work on trailer to get it ready to haul sidecar to my various vacation spots. Plan on going to Ohio, WVA, and  later fall trip to Fla  panhandle. Gotta ride the sidecar in margaritaville, doncha know? That's all contingent on having any scratch left after paying all the sawbone's. :o 
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

oldbike54

« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2013, 12:37:37 AM »
Shorty , I never make fun of a medical condition , well except for mine , a little off kilter is a nice way to put it . Damn son , get better , and I hope the wifes vision problems improve . Of course if she gets a real good look at you, well... Only kidding , you are much better looking than me , Hell everybody is .
Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2013, 10:32:56 PM »
So how was it ?  :) :D ;D >:( :( 8)
Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2013, 04:20:35 PM »
RK did those sneaky Alaskans secede and not tell anybody ? ;D  Texas, are you still with us ?
Dusty

Offline Rotten Ralph

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2013, 04:49:49 PM »
How about a 40 mile ride on the '60 Gold Star? Clear sky, mid to high 60's, new carb worked great .....but my old,skinny butt didn't last too long on the poorly padded Ferrodax seat. :( :( :BEER: :BEER: :BEER:
Never trust a dog to guard your food

03 HD RK / TLE car
65 BMW R69S
60 BSA Gold Star
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Special

oldbike54

« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »
How about a 40 mile ride on the '60 Gold Star? Clear sky, mid to high 60's, new carb worked great .....but my old,skinny butt didn't last too long on the poorly padded Ferrodax seat. :( :( :BEER: :BEER: :BEER:
;D  ;-T Hey , 40 miles is a big ride for some of the , ahem , pirate types .
Dusty

Online nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2013, 05:08:54 PM »
Very nice thanks!

I rode about 300 kilometres on my Breva in order to spend about 10 minutes stumbling about in the bush taking a few pictures.  It's a tough life.

Nick

Pakenham Bridge

Between Perth and Westport

oldbike54

« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2013, 05:10:56 PM »
Thanks Nick , anyone else ?
Dusty

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
Not quite.  It was the sneaky americans pretending to make us a state while retaining our colonial status.  We refer to travel beyond Alaska as "going outside" or "going to america".  Otherwise we forget our 'place'.

Tasmanians (Taswegians?) seem to have that "us and them" attitude to the rest of the country. Dont know if they are looking down on us, or if the reverse applies ;D
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

lucydad

« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2013, 08:10:16 PM »
Dusty,

It has been pretty good with some unusual stuff.  I am enjoying my purple haired college daughter:  we are much alike---introverts.  Work was productive and I am cranking out some important maps and herding the Technology kittens (PHD types) around keeping them focused.  Man they ask some lazy questions.  No work breaks so daughter and I took poodles for fast walk.

Got home and my 92 year old mom called to say:  my brother checked himself into a psych hospital for inpatient treatment.  We hope the docs can get his meds correct.  He is struggling with depression, anxiety and such--for months.  Thankfully he did not suicide, and he did the right course of action. Little poodle went to his vet:  issues with stomach, medications, and such so he gets three new pills a day.  Wife is wearing me out with words....perfection ism with yard landscaping....all I want is some quiet.

Tomorrow after work I am going to go for a ride, one of those sanity breaks.

I feel fairly poised and at peace though.   :)  Saturday evening my buddy Ed and I are having guys steak night.  That always helps.

Thanks for asking.... :-\

Offline Rotten Ralph

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2013, 08:34:50 PM »
;D  ;-T Hey , 40 miles is a big ride for some of the , ahem , pirate types .
Dusty

ARG ARG Matey! Me eye patch nearly blew off at 48 MPH! :BEER:
Never trust a dog to guard your food

03 HD RK / TLE car
65 BMW R69S
60 BSA Gold Star
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Special

lucydad

« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »
Dusty,

I really appreciate your asking!  The week turned positive with my brother getting out of the hospital with a probable, expert diagnosis for his digestive/mental/emotional issues.  He is home and hope returns for recovery and a normal life.  Work was productive and today I had a big meeting with a roomful of PHDs and gave them expectations products and timelines.  We will see if they deliver. 

Had a wonderful   ;-T Guzzi ride this afternoon out in Ft. Bend and Brazos counties and it was cool/dry enough to be quite nice.  The corn is six foot tall and I saw a field of nanny goats and kids all pointed into the wind...very fun.  Tomorrow I plan a ride on a new route out to Eagle Lake, TX on Hwy 90 with eventual plan of taking 90 all the way to San Antonio and the Hill country on a long weekend.  I want to experience more hills and curves, and I have a brother in law, and bike rider that lives in Bulverde, TX that I can slum with.  He wants to try my V7R out, he has an old Honda 750 four that is a hoot to ride, plus three other bikes.

So, yes a good week and I am watching Game of Thrones.  Tomorrow night is guys steak night with my bike riding buddy Ed and we can catch up. 

Dusty, I hope you are well!

;D

oldbike54

« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2013, 07:27:41 PM »
I am always better after hearing good news from one of our brothers . LD , get up around Nacogdoches , FM 1878 AND 2112 , as well as many others are good rides , perfect for that V7 .
Dusty

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2013, 07:47:55 PM »
More or less finished dealing with the IRS. They disallowed $1,900 per month of our documented living expenses, then stated that we had extra money to pay towards our IRS debt.  Ended up being offered the "opportunity" to pay $655 per month for 38-40 months, or they would seize all monies over $200 every month from our accounts until the debt is satisfied.  In others words, find $655 per month to pay them, or live on $200 per month.  It's great to have choices.  ::)  So back on the road I go, driving them damn big trucks again on my 3 days a week off, then back to work at the prison.

I woke up this morning, always a good start to the day, married to a great woman.  Two of my sons living with us, having boomeranged back home, and looked out at my gardens. ( 2 each 100 ft by 75 ft) They are growing well, and the weeds are well under control. My body was fully functional so I showered and got dressed for my full time job with benefits and retirement (pension). When I get off work I go home to my house, my family, (all fairly healthy), with food in the fridge. My married son just got a promtotion at work into management with a 21% pay raise.

So while I can bitch, moan, and groan, I have a great life with more than 98% of the world has.  I ain't rich, but I don't live in a hut, I ain't in Charles Atlas shape, but my health is better than even many on here. My job ain't perfect, but its full time and has great benefits. I haven't had family killed or my home destroyed by tornadoes like in Oklahomea,  so rather than complaining, I would rather acknowldge that  I have a damn good life, and today was just another great day.  ;-T
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2013, 08:36:45 PM »
Got fired today, no more working at the boutique. Guess the biker in me came out too much.

Really?  Need a full report. Want me to talk to Jimmy about a spot??  ;)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 01:47:45 AM by Stormtruck2 »
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

Online tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2013, 08:39:02 PM »
NO !!!!!!!!!!
I just talked to you there!!!
I am so very sorry to here this, friend.
..Ck. PM's
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

oldbike54

« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2013, 09:01:22 PM »
WHAT , Steve , that ain't right . The bastages .
Dusty

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2013, 10:55:35 PM »
RK, When I had my shop in IL I used to tell the customers "This ain't no Boutique"!! Cig butts on the floor and beer in the refrigerator. Then on MG Cycle's website they coined it. I was to their place plenty of times for parts. About the same atmosphere.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Scott of the Sahara

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2013, 09:50:58 AM »
This was a few weeks ago on my 31st anniversary. We woke up near the Grand Canyon and it was cold and sunny...

Then we traveled on to St. George Utah by way of this... Lake Powell

And on the way we went through Zion National Park...

All of this was part of a road trip by car but it was beautiful. Someday I will make it back on two wheels...

oldbike54

« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2013, 10:39:20 AM »
OH MY , beautiful pics of stunning places . Thanks
Dusty

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2013, 04:55:16 AM »
Nice shots Scott, in fact I would say fantastic! ;-T

As far as the day went (Friday) not so good. Got a call as I was working away from my Dr saying he wanted to see me and today would be good. Rheumatologist had ordered a MRI scan as he thought the PMR should be getting better, not locking my legs up. Seems like the ball on the top of the femur has sort of disintergrated, there are labral tears all over the place, tendons have thickened and frayed, hip area has nodules and oedemas all around the hip joint, the spinal cavity has closed up in the L3/L5 area and I have a 20mm walnut on the prostate. Poos and wees. :(

Bit depressed, so The Princess and I went down to the local Indian and had a very nice meal on the Friday, had the bro and a couple of friends with wives around on Saturday and I cooked up a pretty good evenings worth of food and we all had plenty of laughs along with a few bottles of wine. Sleep was a bit hard to come by that night as the leg was giving me gippo so got up and watched the All Blacks beat France which we had recorded during the evening.

Appointment with orthopaedic surgeon in 5 weeks time to discuss next step.

Hang in there RK, this PMR has a lot to answer for!
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

oldbike54

« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2013, 06:05:08 AM »
 :( :'(
Hang in brothers Muzz and Rodekyll . Stormtruck and Guzzisteve as well . 
Dusty

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here