Author Topic: How was your day  (Read 508235 times)

kirby1923

Re: How was your' day
« Reply #300 on: September 05, 2013, 09:24:18 PM »
I'm good still breathing..its late..

Riddle me this...What is a Po Po?? Police?, Never heard that before.

mike

oldbike54

« Reply #301 on: September 05, 2013, 09:33:54 PM »
PO PO = police . Glad you are still breathing .
Dusty

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #302 on: September 06, 2013, 12:28:26 AM »
          My corner of the world is turning in to a mild and aromatic Spring, where the air is laden with the perfume of garden flowers and the biting grip of Winter's crippling hand is dispelled by the kinder side of Nature.
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

oldbike54

« Reply #303 on: September 14, 2013, 10:23:57 PM »
So how was it ?  :) :D ;D >:( :( 8)
Dusty
Well , some of us have had a rough day , me , other than a stripped out thread on a minivan alternator bracket , not bad . Cooler weather and lower humidity always improves my mood . :) 
 Here is your chance to brag or bitch .
Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #303 on: September 14, 2013, 10:23:57 PM »

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #304 on: September 14, 2013, 10:47:40 PM »
Well Dusty, the days tend to blur together. The good side is the Surgeon is happy with the way the new hip is going, sounds like jogging will be a thing of the past but in about three months time I should be right for the pushbike. I will evidently have to be a bit more circumspect than I used to be re the mountain biking. The Breva gets the registration reactivated on October 27th so another few weeks to go there. We are having really great weather at the moment so I hope it continues to hold up. Spring has really sprung.

Must admit it is just so good to have that unending pain not firing down the leg day and night; HOWEVER,  the tight thigh muscles are still just as bad with absolutely no strength really in any of the muscle groups. The tight muscles pull on the hip area which basically makes my whole ass ache. When I go for my daily 3-4km walk the thighs sometimes just lock up completely, so I still carry the crutches so I can make it home when that happens. After about two years the experts are no further ahead as to what is causing this. :'( Work starts again in two weeks time. I still can't reach my right foot and still can't actually climb the step ladder powering off the right leg. :( The boss has cleared me to be able to use my casual slip-ons for the residential stuff as I take my shoes off when in peoples homes, but I have told him that if I go on to commercial places I will need someone to put on and do up my safety shoes. Still miles away from reaching the right foot.

Other than that, things are great. Son's new business has now been going for six weeks and it seems to be powering along. New wheel alignment machine in the offing already. The sun is shining, the birds are coughing and life is generally chugging along OK.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:12:58 PM by Muzz »
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

oldbike54

« Reply #305 on: September 14, 2013, 11:02:18 PM »
Pain free is good Muzz , and work is also good . Here is the question , why are the birds coughing ? Do the frogs sing in NZ ?
Dusty

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #306 on: September 14, 2013, 11:06:54 PM »
I had a great 125 mile back-roads round trip in near-perfect weather on the Mille to meet redrider90 at his house.  Very nice and interesting guy, and very helpful to me.  Thanks Harvey!
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #307 on: September 14, 2013, 11:17:02 PM »
, why are the birds coughing ? Do the frogs sing in NZ ?
Dusty

I heard one as it flu by..... ;)

To (mis)quote Orwell's 1984; "I listened to Muzz singing, and I listened to the frogs singing, and already I could not tell the difference." :-\
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

oldbike54

« Reply #308 on: September 14, 2013, 11:24:02 PM »
Why can I never remember cool stuff like that ?
Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #309 on: September 15, 2013, 12:18:24 AM »
I hope you at least got a phone number for 25 Washingtons plus tax . WOW !
Dusty

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #310 on: September 15, 2013, 03:52:18 AM »
           No fun today. None yesterday either owing to an injection in the shoulder on Friday. Makes it hard to squeeze in to a Tight shooting coat. No fun for Carmel either. Her daughter relapsed. Can't count your chickens round here.
Oz
04 Cali

lucydad

« Reply #311 on: September 15, 2013, 12:21:07 PM »
About to get better---nap, then gear up, then ride....I think better after a Guzzi shot...

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #312 on: September 15, 2013, 12:47:38 PM »
Elk in the morning.
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #313 on: September 15, 2013, 06:06:18 PM »
        Kent; two thoughts
1) Wow ;D

2) Boy it looks dry there
Oz
04 Cali

oldbike54

« Reply #314 on: September 15, 2013, 06:27:37 PM »
        Kent; two thoughts
1) Wow ;D

2) Boy it looks dry there
They call it "The Golden Season" in California .  ;) ;D
Dusty

lucydad

« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2013, 07:43:54 PM »
Good one here, church and lunch with buddy Ed, then nap, then Guzzi Ride.  Hot, humid and windy (from Mexican hurricane?).  Should be an interesting week with job interview at potentially interesting gig Thursday.

Talked with my brother and he seems slowly and gradually better:  a huge plus and relief for all concerned.

Oh geez...can I confess?  I am thinking about a Griso again.   I find a couple nice used white ones on right and left coasts.  If one ever showed closer, well...still need a test ride one at MPH. Mike and Todd have a black one in stock.  If 2014 revealed a Griso with something besides black or the silver/matt...you know...well....with the career settled and such...yep thinking again about having more HP, but still love little goose.  Got some stock maturing next week...hmmm...wish they offered white or red again, and a blue would seal the deal, or even yellow...it has to be just right...

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #316 on: September 15, 2013, 07:48:22 PM »
They call it "The Golden Season" in California .  ;) ;D
Dusty
Replace "Golden" with "Fire" and you would be right.
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

oldbike54

« Reply #317 on: September 16, 2013, 09:19:09 PM »
Dusty
Tell Uncle Dusty about your day  :)
Dusty

Offline mgfan

• Gosling
  • Escaping the "home"
« Reply #318 on: September 16, 2013, 09:41:33 PM »
Just got home from 5 days of riding unbelievably picturesque, twisty, smooth, EMPTY roads in the Kootneys in south eastern B.C. Doing 300 miles a day, every day and not seeing a single radar trap is truly wonderful ! Got to meet lots of nice people who have a way better view of life and priorities than those down here in the big smoke. Even got to try some organic, hemp beer. Truly wonderful stuff!  :BEER:
70 Ambassador, 74 Eldorado,  76 I-Convert, 71 Police Ambassador, 86 Califonia II, 90 California III, 03 Stone, 07 Norge

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #319 on: September 17, 2013, 12:55:07 AM »
Just drove from Waterloo Ia. to Springfield, Mo. But I'm home now with a nice glass of Sheep Dip on the rocks  with a beer chaser MMMMMMM
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

oldbike54

« Reply #320 on: September 19, 2013, 07:12:07 PM »
Dusty
I've had an interesting couple of days , lots of interesting discussion on WG and elsewhere . Debate is good , keeps one's mind sharp .
 Cooling off tomorrow , highs mid 70s , always improves my mood .
 Anyone else got something to say ?
Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #321 on: September 19, 2013, 07:37:59 PM »
Good to be King . Or at least the only tech for a coupla hunnert miles  :D
Dusty

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #322 on: September 19, 2013, 08:30:51 PM »
  Ho Hum-- just another disgustingly beautiful day, temps in the low eighties at mid day with humm ditty at less than 40%.
 Slightly cloudy with scattered wahines.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

lucydad

« Reply #323 on: September 19, 2013, 09:24:21 PM »
Dusty,

A good one, no doubt.  This afternoon I had a great interview with a potentially outstanding company and group of professionals in downtown Houston.  It was a gauntlet though:  all afternoon, six really smart guys, and they probed me hard.  We will see if they take it to the next step.  I am interested.  Also the New Orleans company loves my resume and wants a phone chat tomorrow.  That is probably vetting prior to a flight over to Nawlins and a full blown interview.  In the worst I got some serious interview practice today and feel like it is my career and I am not being driven like a sheep to slaughter in the current situation.

My boss at crapache is just blowing smoke up my ass and trying to manipulate me to stay.  The more bullshit, the more I want to leave.  It is sad really, but there you are.  Corporate america sucks donkey dicks.

Looks like a very wet tropical system weekend in Houston.  I hope to get some riding in as I need it.  Gut feel tells me the current gig is toast before Halloween and a new one is coming before Thanksgiving.  The NOLA concept intrigues me.  I may be crazy, but there you are. 

Thanks for asking.  I am glad Friday is coming.  I am pretty worn out...grateful to see companies seriously look at me at age 59.  Such is the oil business.  But, I am damn good at my profession, and I interview like a true Viejo.  It took a lot of getting up and energy and focus. So, I am pleased with myself.

Nighty night, don't let the bed bugs bite.

oldbike54

« Reply #324 on: September 23, 2013, 08:22:20 PM »
Dusty
So how the heck was it ?
Dusty

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #325 on: September 23, 2013, 08:26:47 PM »
Got a Job!! Good $ too !! Nice to have old talents from years gone by.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #326 on: September 23, 2013, 08:43:20 PM »
Good for you! Hope everything works out well for both you AND you're employer!  ;-T
Got a Job!! Good $ too !! Nice to have old talents from years gone by.
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #327 on: September 23, 2013, 10:00:41 PM »
         Got a kink in my back fixed today. Feels a Lot Better ;D It was a bad idea to ride without my back brace a week ago. Lesson learned. Can go bowling on Thursday am, now ;D Sign of the times :-[
Oz
04 Cali

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #328 on: September 24, 2013, 02:14:37 AM »
Good day. Canoeing friend John hiked for a while, Now were're all drunk (including fu$%#^&ing Doug) at 3 AM.  Good.....day.

Nick

oldbike54

« Reply #329 on: September 24, 2013, 10:23:16 AM »
Good day. Canoeing friend John hiked for a while, Now were're all drunk (including fu$%#^&ing Doug) at 3 AM.  Good.....day.

Nick
Anyone know Nick's phone number ? Call him and wake him up  ~; :BEER:
Dusty

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here