Author Topic: Gosh darn Internet and snow outside makes a bad combo....  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
Gosh darn Internet and snow outside makes a bad combo....
« on: March 15, 2015, 02:14:24 PM »
I like my Norge for the most part, it's paid for, farkled well, plenty fast, handles good (not excellent), very easy to maintain after sorting, but... At 5'3" 130# and shrinking it's a little tall, a little heavy and I'm thinking I'd rather not have all the plastic bodywork. Love Italian V-twins the best. So I'm interested in the Ducati Scrambler as a second bike until the Montreal Motorcycle show. Sat on the 821 Monster. Enter the Internet and snow outside... On the Ducati site is a "Configurator"- Monster 821, white, semi hard bags, and mini windshield :drool :drool :drool :drool. Not to much HP like my ST4S ABS but still plenty, 450lbs wet, low adjustable seat (higher on long stretches of road) and less (no) fairing. The mini windshield would benefit my dog, not me. 18,000 mi valve adjustment intervals ;-T. Much easier to tie down in a trailer or a truck which may be attractive as my wife rides less and less. I still enjoy her company. I would go the HD, California 1400 route if I thought it would get her riding more. Unfortunately I don't think so. Both my daughters will be married after August 1st and living away from here so trailering to them will give me an excuse and freedom when we get there ;). ABS is a must which would make me wait for the V7II, but I fear the low HP is just not enough. Going to head to the Duc dealer Tuesday with my dog and his sheepskin to see if this 821 might work. So that's what the Internet and snow outside does for me... What about you?

Stay safe, John
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17
Luke 23:34

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here