Author Topic: EICMA 2015 - New V7 Roamer/Bobber and MGX-21 Bagger The photos are rolling in.  (Read 122751 times)

Offline mentalfloss

• Hatchling
wha?

:tongue:

OK I will drool on this! I want!!!! Anyone know if it has a chance? Make it a 650 thumper.....oh my!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 11:18:34 PM by mentalfloss »
Guzzi's in the barn then and ... now:
2013 Guzzi Stelvio
1986 Guzzi V 65 TT (keeper!)
1985 Guzzi Le Mans IV ( sold after riding 26k miles on it)
1980 Guzzi v50 II (sweet! and sold)
2009 Guzzi Stelvio (Rode it 30k + in 2 years sad but gone)
2000 Guzzi Quota (sold but want another!

Doppelgaenger

well I hope the "new" 850 engine isn't like the mongrel 850 they put in the breva and griso 850. Same lump as the 1100 with shorter stroke... Same weight, less power...

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Interesting what will draw a person out and prompt a post!

Date Registered: June 19, 2009, 08:01:52 AM

I was going to say, "welcome to WildGuzzi".  But, I can see you've been here awhile.

I know we have a small data sample, but it suggests you might be waiting till 2021 for the reply.

:boozing: :laugh: :boozing:
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Crikey. You need to drag your arses into the 21st Century. Why do you lot get wood for a bike that looks a throwback to the 80's?
Give me a rising rate single shock rear, USD forks and wheels without frickin spokes!   :violent1:

Because motorcycles should look like MOTOR CYCLES and not transformers.

WAY too many modern bikes, from Ducs to YamaHonDuKAwaSukis look like insectoids or modern art experiments. Gone are the flowing lines and eye pleasing proportions. Replaced and inorganic irregular crystalline shapes.

I'm sure it's POSSIBLE to have an organic shape with a single rate rear shock and USD forks and mags, it's just rarely seen.

I wouldn't object to those things, if the overall shape still hearkened to a MOTOR CYCLE.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Wildguzzi.com

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
well I hope the "new" 850 engine isn't like the mongrel 850 they put in the breva and griso 850. Same lump as the 1100 with shorter stroke... Same weight, less power...

There's no reason to think it will be. Not from the many reports we've heard.

Nor would that be a "NEW" engine.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Dogwalker

• Gaggle Mentor
No, the "new" 850 is a small block.

Two test bikes had been seen, but not yet photographed, near to the Aprilia plant of Scorze'. The one that saw them described them as "Between the Bellagio and the Nevada".
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:34:53 AM by Dogwalker »

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
Nevada......ugh.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero

WAY too many modern bikes, from Ducs to YamaHonDuKAwaSukis look like insectoids or modern art experiments. Gone are the flowing lines and eye pleasing proportions. Replaced and inorganic irregular crystalline shapes.

I'm sure it's POSSIBLE to have an organic shape with a single rate rear shock and USD forks and mags, it's just rarely seen.

I wouldn't object to those things, if the overall shape still hearkened to a MOTOR CYCLE.

Right!  If you want a faster 750 that looks like a bug, buy a Shiver.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero

Two test bikes had been seen, but not yet photographed, near to the Aprilia plant of Scorze'. The one that saw them described them as "Between the Bellagio and the Nevada".

So, as I feared, Piaggio is continuing with the cruiser theme for Guzzi.. ?
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Maybe it looks more like a Bellagio but people are comparing it to the SIZE of the Nevada?

Hey, I can be optimistic right?

But, and I'm sorry if any Nevada owner's are reading this, I CANNOT FRIGGIN STAND THE LOOK OF THE NEVADA. It looks like a friggin VIRAGO which was never really a good looking bike in its own right (even though I once seriously considered buying one on the mechanical merits).

Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"

that does not bode well...
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline tonUPRacer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • My Racer FB page

Why not just drop the new mill in the existing & successful V7 lineup? There is no way in hell I'd get rid of my Racer in favor of a "Bellada".
2013 V7 Racer #393
2001 Ducati 900SS (sold)
1999 Ducati 900M (sold)
1979 HD XLS Sportster (sold)

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
that does not bode well...

Don't get spun up on the Nevada thing. If sightings are even credible, it might be camouflage.  I would expect a similar look to the V7. Same 5.8 tank, new 6 speed tranny. The V7 is their BEST selling machine.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Why not just drop the new mill in the existing & successful V7 lineup? There is no way in hell I'd get rid of my Racer in favor of a "Bellada".

I hope the new bike doesn't look awful.

But MAYBE they're going to try and visually separate it from the V7 line so as not to cannibalize sales from the V7.

That's SO NOT HOW I WOULD HAVE DONE IT.

Shyte, I would have just played directly into the V7 line by coming out with a V7III Racer - complete with the higher output motor and dual discs.

The Stone and Special could chug right along. Hell eventually they could just leave the Stone as the 750 and the V7III Special would be good for those not looking for the ergos of the racer.

<shrugs>

I'm not giving up hope.

Who knows what the production bike will look like.

The test mules could just be purposefully ugly.

Hell, we don't even know for sure that they're ugly yet.

Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Dogwalker

• Gaggle Mentor
Why not just drop the new mill in the existing & successful V7 lineup?
You have to keep in mind that, putting a new 850 engine in an existing V7 bodywork, none would have been able to distinguish a test bike from a standard V7.

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
I'm not giving up hope.

Who knows what the production bike will look like.

The test mules could just be purposefully ugly.

True.  Just grab a primer black Nevada fuel tank off the shelf for the test mule.  Could explain it.

They should be on the podium in Milan next month.  I'm anxious to see what they've done.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:10:59 AM by rocker59 »
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
All this is pure speculation, but if they do come out with a small block 850, I would expect them to phase out the 750 as they did with the earlier displacement small blocks.  Then focus on the 850 / 6 speed as their new best seller. Will have 8V,  and dual disks up front would be nice.   Get rid of the Racer with the number plates and all its bling, and call the new 850 with clipons and rear sets the  "LeMans".

You heard it first right here!
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
True.  Just grab a primer black Nevada fuel tank off the shelf for the test mule.  Could explain it.

They should be on the podium in Milan next month.  I'm anxious to see what they've done.

Yeah, me too. I would hate to see Guzzi's spectacular history saddled with a cruiser image from here on. And, yes.. Mules are just that. What is on the road may have little correlation to what will be (or not)  :smiley: built. I remember the Ippo all too well..

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Dogwalker

• Gaggle Mentor
I remember the Ippo all too well.

An Ippogrifo can be easily described as "between a Nevada and a Bellagio".

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
so is this 850 small block all talk or for real?  I am not sure how we got here.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
All this is pure speculation, but if they do come out with a small block 850, I would expect them to phase out the 750 as they did with the earlier displacement small blocks. 

I think it's been said before that the current 750 might be needed for some tiered licensing markets.

You have to keep in mind that, putting a new 850 engine in an existing V7 bodywork, none would have been able to distinguish a test bike from a standard V7.

REALLY good point.

so is this 850 small block all talk or for real?  I am not sure how we got here.

Didn't I go through this with you a month or so ago when I confused your screen-name with someone else?

We've now had what, 3-4 reports from people who have visited the factory, or talked with a Piaggio rep, or who seem to have an in around the factory, to even a motorcycle journalist who AT THE FACTORY was told and published that there are some test mules running around Italy right now.

In all cases they were talking about the V7 and more hp.

And I think the latest was an article last week (in Italian, but the link was posted and google translate did a halfway decent job) about a slightly larger displacement motor that is going into production for Guzzi.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:57:57 AM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Dogwalker

• Gaggle Mentor
so is this 850 small block all talk or for real?
They already started to build it.

DogW

Offline tonUPRacer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • My Racer FB page
Assuming we see something at the show, when would we possibly see a production bike? Fall of 2016 at the earliest? If they hit something out of the park I'd be interested, but I'd be hard pressed to trade in a bike that I've finally got where I want it and that I thoroughly enjoy.
2013 V7 Racer #393
2001 Ducati 900SS (sold)
1999 Ducati 900M (sold)
1979 HD XLS Sportster (sold)

Offline Dogwalker

• Gaggle Mentor
The last Guzzi novelities presented at Eicma, or at Intermot, had been delivered to the dealers (in UE)  first than the beginning of the spring sales. I think that will be the case too.
That probably means spring 2016 in the US.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero

I thought it was outstanding 20 years ago.. :evil:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

beetle

Sigh.

So the MOTO GUZZI GRiSO doesn't look like a MOTOR CYCLE?
The MOTO GUZZI STELVIO doesn't look like a MOTOR CYCLE?
The MOTO GUZZI 1200 SPORT doesn't look like a MOTOR CYCLE?
The MOTO GUZZI BELLAGIO doesn't look like a MOTOR CYCLE?

... I could go on.

Aside from the Stelvio and Bellagio which have spokes, their seems to be an abundance of Moto Guzzi MOTOR CYCLES with rising rate single shock suspension, and some, by gollies, even have (gasp) upside down forks.

Are you saying the above MOTOR CYCLES don't look like MOTOR CYCLES? Yes, I believe that is exactly what you are saying.

Go hide thyself.

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero

Sigh.

... I could go on.
W

Aside from the Stelvio and Bellagio which have spokes, their seems to be an abundance of Moto Guzzi MOTOR CYCLES with rising rate single shock suspension, and some, by gollies, even have (gasp) upside down forks.

Are you saying the above MOTOR CYCLES don't look like MOTOR CYCLES? Yes, I believe that is exactly what you are saying.

Go hide thyself.

Whatever it is you can bet it will need to be Beetlized to run right!  signed, anxiously awaiting termi roller map. :tongue:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:56:00 PM by lucian »

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"

I would jump for joy if they resurrected Ippogrifo !!!
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Woah back it up dude. Before you take umbrage understand my point.

Sigh.

... I could go on.

Go hide thyself.

Why did you purposely snip the portion of my quote which would answer your questions and explain why my statements don't automatically apply to some of the models you took offense over?

I personally love the looks of the Griso and the Bellagio (not as much the Stelvio, I don't like the whole segment, and I'm not in love with the Breva variants from a design standpoint, even when I owned one).

I said I had problems with overly angular and inorganic shapes. That doesn't include the Griso or Bellagio.

I said I prefer softer and more traditional lines.

I don't have strong feelings on a single shock vs a dual shock except that a higher percentage of the former seem to violate my aesthetic objections.

But yeah, I prefer the looks of the V7, Griso, Bellagio, and even certain Cali 1400's over that of a Breva, Stelvio, or even Norge.

PS, I actually PREFER mags over spokes from an ownership standpoint, but I do like the look of spokes.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:33:31 PM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

beetle

I did it because I find your whole attitude and views offensive and narrow minded. The heinous stench of your view permeates this board with your self-important holier-than-thou backwards attitude that would have Guzzi only building 2 valve pushrod twin shocked naked motorcycles.

As I Said, go and hide yourself.

:laugh:

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here