Author Topic: Apparently Albert was really smart NGC  (Read 6671 times)

HardAspie

Re: Apparently Albert was really smart NGC
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2016, 11:44:16 AM »
Too many great replies here of philosophical import or great humour! Keep it up!

Yes...Einstein's Photoelectric Theory. That is where QM began, and then Einstein disliked it so much that he and two colleagues constructed for an ad absurdum argument against QM the EPR Paradox. But in another of nature's great ironies, that paradox actually works. Indeed, I think last year some real smart head experimenters successfully used it to transfer information.

This universe is a pretty nifty place.

oldbike54

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2016, 12:01:31 PM »
 "Been fishing lately?"  :laugh:

Dusty

HardAspie

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2016, 12:10:51 PM »

Dusty

I haven't been fishin' in so long that I have barely useful recollections. I think something called bait goes on a hook?

oldbike54

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2016, 12:15:12 PM »

Dusty

I haven't been fishin' in so long that I have barely useful recollections. I think something called bait goes on a hook?

That is the punchline to an Einstein joke  :laugh:

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2016, 12:15:12 PM »

HardAspie

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2016, 12:20:27 PM »

That is the punchline to an Einstein joke  :laugh:

Dusty

That joke blew right on past me like an unsensed gravitational wave!

Orange Guzzi

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2016, 12:36:10 PM »
I am not an expert in science.  But gravity and magnetism fascinate me.  Gravity is so much weaker than magnetism, I believe by a factor of 5.  May be wrong.  Just standing outside at night and looking up is enough for me to realize how insignificant we truly are yet unique in many ways.  Even the concept of time is insignificant.  My head hurts now. 

My question is, Is the study of gravity done out of curiosity or is there a need to know?  Are we looking for Some great discovery that will change our lives for the better.  Considering the deeper we look, the further we move away from our future.  Or is it the more we see in the future, the further we see into the past. Which is to late by then.  Now my head really hurts. 

HardAspie

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2016, 12:42:07 PM »
I am not an expert in science.  But gravity and magnetism fascinate me.  Gravity is so much weaker than magnetism, I believe by a factor of 5.  May be wrong.  Just standing outside at night and looking up is enough for me to realize how insignificant we truly are yet unique in many ways.  Even the concept of time is insignificant.  My head hurts now. 

My question is, Is the study of gravity done out of curiosity or is there a need to know?  Are we looking for Some great discovery that will change our lives for the better.  Considering the deeper we look, the further we move away from our future.  Or is it the more we see in the future, the further we see into the past. Which is to late by then.  Now my head really hurts.

Although it is a rare scientific discovery that fails to bring into the world some potential new use; this is pure science at the moment. These guys simply want to know.

Offline Howard R

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2016, 12:53:19 PM »
Here's yer Guzzi connection.  There used to be a Loopframe sidecar guy named Steele McWrench.  He was a Quantum Mechanic.  Had a cat named Otto who used to belong to a guy named Schroedinger.
Littlestown, PA  USA

1996 Sport 1100
1998 Centauro

MGNOC # L-707

HardAspie

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2016, 01:09:05 PM »
Here's yer Guzzi connection.  There used to be a Loopframe sidecar guy named Steele McWrench.  He was a Quantum Mechanic.  Had a cat named Otto who used to belong to a guy named Schroedinger.

I can't top that!

Orange Guzzi

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2016, 01:27:07 PM »
Although it is a rare scientific discovery that fails to bring into the world some potential new use; this is pure science at the moment. These guys simply want to know.

I guess in some way, Gravity is God.  With out it, We would not exist.  It is after all what is holding everything together as we know it.  It is a window into our past the keeps on giving. 

Offline wymple

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2016, 02:36:32 PM »
I can't too deep into this stuff, but Einstein was truly bent in his mind to be able to comprehend and predict things that only 75 or 100 years later they are proving him correct. I never understood how you can warp time but it was proven with an experiment involving perfect watches. I read the other day that if scientists didn't allow for his time warp factor between the earth and our GPS satellites, your GPS would be off by 6 miles.
No trees were harmed by the conveyance of this message, but a lot of electrons were seriously disturbed.

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2016, 03:02:01 PM »
Too many great replies here of philosophical import or great humour! Keep it up!

Yes...Einstein's Photoelectric Theory. That is where QM began, and then Einstein disliked it so much that he and two colleagues constructed for an ad absurdum argument against QM the EPR Paradox. But in another of nature's great ironies, that paradox actually works. Indeed, I think last year some real smart head experimenters successfully used it to transfer information.

This universe is a pretty nifty place.

I read that, too. Beam me up, Scotty.  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here