Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1035120 times)

Online anglojaxon

• New Egg
Wants a Guzzi and a Fuzzi feeling that goes with it.
« Reply #3600 on: March 12, 2024, 03:45:10 PM »
Hello.

I'm Ian and I don't own a Guzzi. I currently own an Interceptor 650 and a R1200GS.

I was curious about the Guzzi's before the interceptor, like most people the closest dealer was 3 hours away so I got the Interceptor. Then again, I've seen 4 BMW dealers come and go in my state over the years. Never totaling more than one at a time. It's true Harley has more dealers, but they have more shitty dealers too. I now have a dealer within range, so I don't have to take PTO to see a bike.

So I've been thinking about a Guzzi. I lament the few times I didn't pull the trigger on a California 1400 and alas they are not making them. I suspect it'll come back with a version of the Stelvio engine. I've seen a few for sale with low miles but it appears accessories are rarer than a hen's tooth than they were before.

The interceptor is fine enough and fully kitted with S&S pipes, cat-less header, DNA fuel filter and a PC. The wife doesn't want me to sell it because she finds it easier to climb on. Weird that someone that swims, walks, runs and does yoga bitches about climbing on the GS. The Interceptor is fine solo, two up it drags ass up hills. Great commuting bike though. I'd really loose my ass on a trade, if anything the son will get it. He's a Harley guy, yet likes the bike. He's always tinkering with his FXR and StreetGlide and one's always down.

The Stelvio in my opinion wouldn't be a good replacement for the GS, if I didn't have a GS it would be a fine choice. I simply can't part with it. I hear a lot of the features are after sale add-ons (like PFF, etc). I've got way too much money in the GS to let it go for a bike that has less. I would say the Stelvio is likely a better deal for anyone that balks at a GS. They are now stupidly higher in price. I just have too much wrapped in accessories. The V85TT is still too tall for the wife. She's more of a short jaunt passenger. She's literally an 80 year ago women inside. I call her "The Dream Crusher."

In short I'm leaning toward a V7 special, stone special. It appears I get the Hepco Becker mounts for my C-Bow and Orbit cases to swap out from the Interceptor.  I would love a California or El Dorado more than a V7 but they are harder to find and further away and generally get sold before I can get motivated to get them. Any advice on that would be appreciated.

I'd get a Heritage softail but I really don't care for the culture wrapped around it. I still have memories of being caught in traffic on the Ultra and getting close to having a heart stroke. Fine winter bike though.  Realistically I'm not fat enough to own a Harley because I'm slim and my wife is attractive. I just look like I rented the bike.

I'm actually not found of the BMW culture. They can be real assholes themselves (It's not real BMW!). I did write about my BMW expertise here:

https://medium.com/@socialoracle/how-to-be-a-bmw-motorcycle-master-d55b9167105d

You might find it more entertaining than the BMW community I shared it with. Most of the people I offended with this already died of old age.

I have owned:
Intercpetor 650
2018 R R1200GS
BMW F800GT (It's not real BMW)
BMW K75S (It's not real BMW)
R1200RT
1200 Sportster (Not a real Harley)
2004 UltraClassic
BMW G650GS (It's not real BMW)
Honda Shadow (dependable and boring).
Aermacchi HD 250 (Closet thing to an Italian bike I've owned.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 03:46:16 PM by anglojaxon »

Offline BigRob

• New Egg
    • None
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #3601 on: March 13, 2024, 04:29:47 PM »
thanks for the membership !
BigRob from Kiama in NSW ,Australia.
I have an 81 cali 2 and just purchased a 2009 Stelvio 1200, plus others
Retired

Offline Angelman

• New Egg
« Reply #3602 on: March 13, 2024, 08:55:17 PM »
Keith here from Alberta, Canada. 

I have a 22 TT 85. First Guzzi. Had lots of various bikes over the years. This one is particularly interesting. Like people say about the Guzzis
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 08:57:19 PM by Angelman »

Offline Mistral4

• New Egg
« Reply #3603 on: March 16, 2024, 09:21:41 AM »
Hi All,
New to Guzzi, had my heart set on the V100 but test rode the V85TT and loved it, first world problems I know, Love the look of the 24 V85tt
It will be one of those two bikes come June,

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3603 on: March 16, 2024, 09:21:41 AM »

Offline MCRIV

• New Egg
« Reply #3604 on: March 18, 2024, 01:02:54 PM »
Matt
Age 47
From VA
Active Duty
1974 750S full restoration

Offline grandpaul

• Former Eldorado owner
  • New Egg
  • "been there, done that"
« Reply #3605 on: March 22, 2024, 09:09:27 AM »
Howdy, from central Texas! (formerly from Laredo on the Mexico border)

I've been riding for over 50 years, have owned 173 bikes (mostly British/Triumph/Bonnevilles), and currently have 13 bikes (no Guzzis at the moment, I used to have a scruffy '74 Eldorado 850 with a Cozy convertible sidecar).

I retired from Motorcycle Restorations/Rebuilds/Custom Builds (Born Again Bikes) in 2018; I did that for 13 years and completed over 100 major client projects in that time, besides a dozen or so of my own.

Former U.S.Navy Aviation Ground Support Electrician, former A/C business owner, former Computer business owner, formerly in Commerical Construction and Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, also all manner of other jobs including Sous Chef for a year.

NAUI certified Open Water SCUBA diver, (2) tandem sky dives, water & snow skier, hunting & fishing, camping & traveling, drawing & drafting.

Married 40 years (in June), 5 kids ranging from 48 to 13 (yes, you read that right), 8 grandkids, and ONE great-granddaughter!

Currently (mostly) ride a 2000 Triumph Legend 900 triple or an 01/03 Kawasaki ZRX1200R.

I designed and built my own "Hangardominium" with shop & hangar for my Quicksilver MX Sprint II Ultralight.

Also have:
'66 Triton (hand built Bonneville engine in Featherbed frame) that I built
'65/66/67/68/69/70 Triumph Bonneville 650 that I built for AHRMA's Historic Production Heavyweight roadracing class (raced in '07, '08 & 2010). Best finish was 2nd at Willow Springs in 2010. Finished 5th in '08 Championship (22 riders in class, with many 750 triples & 4s) only raced 1/2 of the events.
'69 BSA Lightning 650, restored by a fellow Texan, acquired as partial payment for a Norton restoration
'72 BMW R75/5 Boxer that belonged to my late friend Nacho
'74 Norton Commando 850 custom that I built using some nice Dreer VR880 parts & e-start
Original Kenny Dreer "New Norton" monoshock prototype bike, most parts of which were shown at announcement of the (then) new Norton America
'82 Honda MB5 that I restored
'83 Honda VF750F V4 Interceptor that I refurbished
'92 Yamaha TDM850 "bug eyes" in work to wake up after 8 years
'00 Triumph legend already mentioned
'01/03 Kawasaki ZRX1200R that I salvage built
'03 Kawasaki ZRX1200R that I am in the process of modifying to "Adventure" style just because so many people said NOT to
My wyfe has a 2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 V-twin power cruiser

I am here to get assistance in selling my late friend's (2) '06 Breva 1100s.

That's about it...

"Semi-retired"
Author "Old Bikes"

Offline Indypikes

• New Egg
« Reply #3606 on: March 22, 2024, 07:10:09 PM »
Welcome and good luck with the sale. You can also post on the Moto Guzzi National Owners Club website although you will have to pay a small fee to list and post pictures as you are not a paying member. I've had good luck with Cycle Trader as well.

Regards, Scott
Scott in Chicagoland

*2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
*2014 Honda CB1100
*2012 Kawasaki Versys 650
*2001 Triumph Bonneville
*1978 Honda CB400A Hondamatic

Offline notbenh

• New Egg
« Reply #3607 on: March 24, 2024, 08:19:19 PM »
Hello all.

I recently added a v7iii Milano to the garage to sit next to my pair of Vespas.

Online jhem68

• Hatchling
« Reply #3608 on: March 24, 2024, 10:22:40 PM »
Welcome. Great addition to your garage! I also have a Milano and think that it is the best package offered in the V7lll range.

John H

Offline notbenh

• New Egg
« Reply #3609 on: March 25, 2024, 08:34:10 AM »
Welcome. Great addition to your garage! I also have a Milano and think that it is the best package offered in the V7lll range.

John H

Thanks for the warm welcome! I agree the Milano really is a very elegant blend of the aesthetics of the special with the practicality of the stone.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here