Author Topic: Video on speeding ticket  (Read 1722 times)

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
Video on speeding ticket
« on: June 27, 2019, 09:39:50 PM »
Canadian based ,some good advice on beating the inevitable performance award.
https://youtu.be/XVuJG92u2Pk
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

motorcop

Re: Video on speeding ticket
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 08:19:05 PM »
Really nothing good. She's not as smart as you think. LIDAR or laser is unbeatable in court as long as the officer can articulate the offense. The best thing you can do is tell the truth and dont be a Jackwagon on the traffic stop.

Offline Luap McKeever

• Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 06:21:37 AM »
FWIW, I've never had a "speeding ticket". I've had a lot of loose mufflers, defective brake lights, misaligned headlights, etc after my attorney was done though :-)

Never pay a ticket.  Always hire an attorney. Insurance is high enough, no need to add fuel to the flames.
Founder, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1998)
2021 V85TT Centenario E5
2001 California Special
2001 California EV
2020 Indian Challenger Limited
2021 TaoTao TBR7

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 07:16:41 AM »
FWIW, I've never had a "speeding ticket". I've had a lot of loose mufflers, defective brake lights, misaligned headlights, etc after my attorney was done though :-)

Never pay a ticket.  Always hire an attorney. Insurance is high enough, no need to add fuel to the flames.

Some insurance companies like mine to not raise rates for the occasional speed ticket..Occasional meaning every 5 years or so and not 40 mph over the limit...Cost of an attorney far exceeds  paying the ticket in these situations..

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 07:16:41 AM »

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 08:56:21 AM »

And I know why, as I've heard the stories! "MO 90 is my backyard"  :evil:
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Offline wittangamo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 10:29:30 AM »
Everything is relative. Unfortunately, I have some experience in these matters.

In VA, if you haven’t gotten a ticket in five years most judges will reduce or dismiss a speeding ticket if you agree to take a quickie safe driving class in person or online. The class wipes you clean of points on your record, and nothing gets reported to your insurance company.

In many cases, hiring a lawyer, taking the class and paying court costs is less than paying the ticket up front, not to mention avoiding insurance hikes and the chance of getting a suspended license for a second offense.

I also think the advice in the video to say little and be polite is universal.
Deceive, Inveigle and Obfuscate

Offline guzzinka

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 01:54:03 PM »
In the City of Chicago there are red light and speed enforcement cameras all over the place now - I usually have a big expensive laugh because the video usually proves I was driving like a dufus, which is never how I remember it.
Edit- I should note that automated enforcement tickets don’t hurt license and insurance here, a LEO has to issue the ticket for that to happen
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 01:56:03 PM by guzzinka »

motorcop

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 11:28:27 AM »
You do realize that if you make the court date yourself, some cities call it an informal hearing or conference, the judge/magistrate will reduce the citation. It will save the attorney fees and you will get the same reduction as if they represented you in traffic court. If you dont like the outcome of the informal or the conference. Then by law, you have a right to appeal it. At that time, you may get an attorney to represent you in that case. Courts aren't interested in trying traffic cases. They want it adjudicated and move on to the next case.

This is in regards to civil infractions only and not misdemeanors like DUI or suspended ops.

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 12:05:22 PM »
In our county, Pierce,  you plead not guilty and go to a pre trial conference where they dismiss charges until you come to an agreement or set a trial date.
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here