Author Topic: Shinko Stinko  (Read 38608 times)

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Shinko Stinko
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2016, 05:53:39 PM »
I run Shenko's on my 2003 Royal Enfield 500 Bullet. They handle the massive torque and 20 Hp quite well on that bike.
It handles very lightly too. Like a bicycle with a motor on it.
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Conti GT

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2016, 05:59:46 PM »
Yep a Kenda can be from a factory in Taiwan, Vietnam or China.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2016, 08:37:02 PM »
I put a set of the Shinko 09 Ravens on my 1100 Breva and they are a great tire.

http://www.shinkotireusa.com/tire/009-raven

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline Rox

• What's a Goozy?
  • Hatchling
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2016, 12:09:12 AM »
Two totally different companies. Why should Cheng Shin be mentioned?

Cuz since we are on the convo of shitty tires..........

Not all of the Shinkos are crap... the 009 Ravens? They're decent. 003 Stealth? Total garbage...
The dirt tires are decent.
    You wanna talk about crappy ass tires ? Metzler Lazertecs. Had a set of these almost killed me...
02 V11 Lemans
02 V11 Scura
14 Honda CTX1300
07 Yamaha R6

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2016, 12:09:12 AM »

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2016, 04:57:04 AM »
 Did some one say Korean? This is my Triumph 650 race bike, fastest 650 push rod modified production in the USA with it Korean made Kenda tires. Sitting on the bike is my rider's 6 foot tall Korean girlfriend...The guy looking like Ragnar Lothbrok is my rider...The Kenda tires track  nicely in a straight line   :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2016, 05:37:09 AM »
You wanna talk about crappy ass tires ? Metzler Lazertecs. Had a set of these almost killed me...

Easily the worst tire I've ever had. I can't imagine why people still buy them.
The Shinko Podiums I have on the Skorpion rock.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline thepittsburghguzzi

• Hatchling
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2016, 09:48:28 AM »
Easily the worst tire I've ever had. I can't imagine why people still buy them.
The Shinko Podiums I have on the Skorpion rock.

Can you guys elaborate a bit? I've got Lasertec's on my V7 Classic and they seem pretty solid. I get pretty spirited in the curves, and have had to slam the brakes once or twice and haven't dumped. I think the front one is cupping ever so slightly, but otherwise they seem alright. What bikes were you guys running these on? What have you found that you like better? Inquiring noobs want to know :)
2012 V7 Classic - Scarlet
1979 KZ750 Twin - Copper

-Paul

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2016, 09:55:07 AM »
Ok, assuming Windows operation, highlight the text you want to quote, and hit control and C at the same time. This copies what you've highlighted to the clipboard. Then, hit reply. That will (of course) open a new window to type in. See those buttons above the emoticons? The sixth from the right looks like a cartoon balloon? Punch that with your mouse, and it will put quotes in your message. Hit Control P (paste), and Bob's your uncle.  :smiley:
Apple's gotta be different. Instead of control, just push the weird apple thingy button close to control on the keyboard.

Or use the "quote" button in the post you want to quote, and trim out what you don't want in the quote.  Just don't remove the stuff in the square brackets at the beginning and end.  This method will have the "Quote from" line above the quote without having to manually type it in BBS code.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2016, 10:19:33 AM »
Can you guys elaborate a bit? I've got Lasertec's on my V7 Classic and they seem pretty solid. I get pretty spirited in the curves, and have had to slam the brakes once or twice and haven't dumped. I think the front one is cupping ever so slightly, but otherwise they seem alright. What bikes were you guys running these on? What have you found that you like better? Inquiring noobs want to know :)

Bikes? Bavarian Money Waster, :wink: (trolling Dusty) and a Duck. The worst I've ever had for following rain grooves/imperfections in the road. Greasy feeling, is the best I can describe them..certainly not "confidence inspiring" especially leaned over. Yeah, the front cups early. Seems like I remember my Duck just falling over off the side stand from lack of traction. :evil: Other than that, uhh...  they're a nice color of black. :smiley: :boozing:
Seriously, put some Sport Demons on at your first tire change and marvel at the difference.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

oldbike54

« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2016, 10:30:41 AM »
 And JAS 67 , Kirby 1923 , Longranger , Ohiorider , and several others . Trolling that is .

Dusty

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2016, 12:07:57 PM »
I've run many lazertecs and 88/880's out of rubber over the years -- sometimes more than one on a trip.  I've had better tires, but I've had much worse.  Cupping seems to have a lot to do with the suspension misset and 'microbouncing'.  I was able to eliminate it on the ev with some suspension adjustments.

The worst tire I think I ever ran was a Tourance.  I anticipated a couple hundred miles of no road on my route and thought a dual-purpose tire would fit the need.  As it turned out, it was the worst of both worlds -- dangerous on the pavement and unsteady on the slippery clay.  I chose it based on glowing reports from other riders.  It goes to show that the same tire on different bikes with different riders and riding styles will get different reviews.

Online Tom H

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2016, 02:19:35 PM »
I've used the lazertec fronts on my 850 and 750, not much on the milage, wore quickly. I still run it on the BMW and it holds up fairly well there. Don't know how well they stick in the twisties, but for normal riding they were ok.

I've been using S11's on the rear of the 750 and 850 recently, much calmer on the groves then the ME88 especially when the 88' are new.. Had been using the ME88, but they got expensive and may be discontinued. On the front was the ME880, good tire, good mileage but getting expensive.
I just put a S11 on the front of the 750 and it did fine on the rain groves on the way to work today.

On my Cali EVT I have a Michelin Commander II on the rear. Seems fine in the dry, but it does slip on the crosswalk paint lines and especially manhole covers in a turn when wet. From what I had read before buying this tire was that it was fine in the rain, but it has me a bit nervous so far.

Tom
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2016, 01:17:41 AM »
Seems that everyone that makes motorcycle tires has made some junk.  David said that on the first page of the thread.  American, French, German, Italian, British, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Taiwan Chinese  and their sub-contractors.  Assigning race and expect it to be a description of their whole product line is wrong. 

For those that think Cheng Shens are junk.  Which model tire?  I've had their premium line Maxxis Kevlar belted bias ply on my Cali 1100i and radials on a V11 LeMans.  I think they're good tires.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Motu

• New Egg
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2016, 05:18:15 AM »
I've used Shinko 712, 110 and currently 230 on my R65, very happy with them all, prefer the 110 .  Got what I thought were Shinko tyres for the Stornello, and got Golden Boy! I was a bit disgusted, but checked the factory code that's after the DOT label, and they are made in the Shinko factory.  No one puts their premium brand name on budget tyres.

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2016, 08:56:45 AM »
I've used Shinko 712, 110 and currently 230 on my R65, very happy with them all, prefer the 110 .  Got what I thought were Shinko tyres for the Stornello, and got Golden Boy! I was a bit disgusted, but checked the factory code that's after the DOT label, and they are made in the Shinko factory.  No one puts their premium brand name on budget tyres.

The Shinko 244 dual-sport tire says Golden Boy on the sidewall as well. Still a Shinko though.
Charlie

Penderic

« Reply #165 on: March 31, 2016, 10:23:18 PM »
You no like Stinko tires?  :cry:

Try a much nicer smelling brand!

Bee-line tires! Got a nose for value?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:24:07 PM by Penderic »

Offline balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2016, 11:52:56 PM »
Penderic,
You da man :bow: :grin: :thumb:
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Penderic

« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2016, 12:07:49 AM »
Thank you!

redrider

« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2016, 08:07:34 AM »
I had a Korean girlfriend. Great ride, lousy mileage.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2016, 01:54:21 PM »
A quote for my wife. "She's easy but not cheap!"  :smile:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here