Author Topic: Worst TV show ever  (Read 29082 times)

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Worst TV show ever
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2015, 02:05:17 PM »
Well dangit , that important piece of cultural history slipped right past me  :grin:

Dusty

Don't forget the ever talented Jasper "Jazzbo" Depew. Just couldn't keep his mind off the LOVELY Jethrine :laugh:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2015, 02:10:07 PM »
Well after all , who could  :rolleyes:

Dusty

Pretty sure it was the yodeling that won him over :grin:

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2015, 02:33:32 PM »
Well of course  :laugh: The thing to remember , probably none of the folks involved in the show ever set foot out here in our part of the country , or the Hillbillies would have been from Eastern OK where there are hills AND oil  :rolleyes:

Dusty

Not true.  The idea for the show came from Paul Henning not long after he took a float trip on The Buffalo River in Arkansas.

Paul was from Independence Missouri.

Eva "granny" Henderson's home near Jim Bluff, on the river, was said to have inspired him.  I can see how it would.  I stop by there pretty often, when riding the horses on Old River Trail.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:38:33 PM by rocker59 »
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2015, 02:36:49 PM »
Winter must have come early in the Northern Hemisphere.    I didn't expect to see threads like this, and the Genie vs. Samantha thread for another month or two.

There are still plenty of nice riding days out there (today is definitely one around here) -- get out there and ride!   :bike-037:
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2015, 02:36:49 PM »

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2015, 02:45:42 PM »
Not true.  The idea for the show came from Paul Henning not long after he took a float trip on The Buffalo River in Arkansas.

Paul was from Independence Missouri.

Eva "granny" Henderson's home near Jim Bluff, on the river, was said to have inspired him.  I can see how it would.  I stop by there pretty often, when riding the horses on Old River Trail.

That's some Hillbilly trivia I was un aware of. I'm humbled by your vast knowledge Mr. Rocker :bow: :bow: I'll have to float in to that area next summer for some photos :thumb:

A little film of Jim's Bluff area. 'tis a privilege to live in the Ozarks!
https://vimeo.com/21535495
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:51:30 PM by Guzzistajohn »

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2015, 02:58:15 PM »
Winter must have come early in the Northern Hemisphere.    I didn't expect to see threads like this, and the Genie vs. Samantha thread for another month or two.

There are still plenty of nice riding days out there (today is definitely one around here) -- get out there and ride!   :bike-037:

Winter seems to be a state of mind for some.  :wink:

I'm playing hooky tomorrow and getting the Morini out for a nice long ride.  :bike-037:
Charlie

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2015, 03:11:51 PM »
Really has nothing to do with the season, just campfire conversation that's all. Just friends chatting :grin: I don't have any Guzzi problems to whine about, I have a 1980 & a 1983 model, they run perfectly :thumb:

Offline old head

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2015, 07:22:36 AM »
Walker Texas Ranger,
Not to bad at first, then Chuck started singing and letting his family produce...
06 Breva 1100
Hepco-Becker crash bars
Givi A620 screen
Garmin GPS

Offline Dogwalker

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2015, 09:26:39 AM »
the worst show ever is Hogan's Heroes BTW...  WTF is going on there, how is that on television now or then or ever???  What's next, a sircom in the hold of a slave ship or in front of a sledge dragging stones to foot of the pyramids??  Oh I know, how about a fun-loving madcap group of buddies pulling pranks and discovering the true meaning of friendship during the Bataan Death March?
It has to be said that "Hogan's Heroes" was aired from 1965, when WWII veterans were in their 40s. The audience laughing at the show were exactly those who fought that war. And infact many in the cast were veterans, and several, as already said, were Jews that fled from Germany in the '30s or that were even interned in a real extermination camp and had relatives that died there.

Both the actors and the audience had the right to do and enjoy that show, much more than us to criticize it cause it makes fun of a POW camp.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:34:24 AM by Dogwalker »

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2015, 10:54:47 AM »
It has to be said that "Hogan's Heroes" was aired from 1965, when WWII veterans were in their 40s. The audience laughing at the show were exactly those who fought that war. And infact many in the cast were veterans, and several, as already said, were Jews that fled from Germany in the '30s or that were even interned in a real extermination camp and had relatives that died there.

Both the actors and the audience had the right to do and enjoy that show, much more than us to criticize it cause it makes fun of a POW camp.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2015, 02:59:05 PM »
THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

According to Wikipedia, Hogan ran from 65 to 71, someone must have liked it! Frauline Hilda alone made it worth watching!

Penderic

« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2015, 05:02:48 PM »
That Brit guy later hosted the Family Fuel game show for over 50 years.  :rolleyes:

I hated that show.

And I had to listen to this PBS British Soap play in the background for a few years.....

Bloody Hell.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:04:35 PM by Penderic »

Offline T in NC

• Gaggle Hero
  • non e il rumore, e la musica
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2015, 07:28:19 PM »
Can't believe nobody mentioned "One Day at a Time." It was truly bad, but then it did give us Valerie Bertinelli, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

Steve Stamilio

Offline T in NC

• Gaggle Hero
  • non e il rumore, e la musica
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2015, 07:49:30 PM »
Shows that cut corners after a couple of seasons ... usally the point where the actors are reused in many episodes as "doppelgangers" or evil copies of themselves. Star trek, Gillian Island, Car54, even The Munsters did it!  :shocked:

Herman had a twin? Who knew? After a while I could tell which laugh track tape they were using in each episode.

The Gong show?

Lawrence Welk?

Hogans Heros?

Soaps like "General Hospital" (basically soaps were radio show scripts on the tv for houseworkers to listen to during the day)

So Many! :thumb:

Steve Stamilio

Penderic

« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2015, 03:28:02 PM »
I found those call in question and answer shows for physics (remember Jo-Jo, she knows!) unbelievable.

And those silly  "Maybe the answer to these ancient mysteries were......." In search of series narrated by Leonard Nimoy or Richard Basehart.

:rolleyes:

Penderic

« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2015, 03:37:44 PM »
I only saw one of these shows.

Overhauling.

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2015, 04:38:37 PM »
I can't believe some of you guys spend any of your memory on crap like this.   I delete 95% of badness in my life.   :bike-037:

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2015, 07:04:06 PM »
According to Wikipedia, Hogan ran from 65 to 71, someone must have liked it! Frauline Hilda alone made it worth watching!

I've got a Hogan's Heroes story, I heard it first hand and you're getting it second hand.

When I went to work in 1980, there was a senior engineer there in his late 50's named Ed Luce.   He had two hearing aids and a few scars, and he and I would talk sometimes over lunch.

He was an infantryman in Europe in 1944.   He got the scars and lost his hearing in the Ardennes in winter 1944 when the Germans broke through the American lines in what became known as the Battle of the Bulge, when his rifle squad was cut off by the German advance, and an "88" shell landed right in amongst them.

When he woke up, most of his squad was dead, he was deaf and bleeding, and was surrounded by Germans, who captured him and eventually took him to a Luftstalag (I cannot remember which one).     I didn't ask more than I had to, but he was willing to talk about it.   He said that the German guards and officers were decent to them, and, although they were often cold and hungry, they were better off than most people in Northern Europe in the winter of 1944, which was the coldest anyone could remember.    They at least got regular food rations and fuel rations to heat their squad bays, which was more than your average German civilian got.

ANYway, when I asked what the camp looked like he said "I won't have to describe it to you; if you watched 'Hogans Heroes', you know exactly what it looked like.    They must have had a whole crew of POWs as technical advisers, because they got it all just right - the German headquarters, the prisoner barracks, the fences, the guard towers, the bunks, the stoves .... "

Of course, there was no Colonel Klink or Sergeant Schultz there, but it's interesting that they got the set right, anyway .....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2015, 07:31:18 PM »
Of course they could have referred to the actual blueprints and photos.
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2015, 07:42:46 PM »
Of course they could have referred to the actual blueprints and photos.

Could have!    It was Ed's opinion that it was so well done that someone who had BTDT must have been involved; on the other hand, there are some mighty smart cookies in the "set" business in Hollywood ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2015, 10:29:46 PM »
Could have!    It was Ed's opinion that it was so well done that someone who had BTDT must have been involved; on the other hand, there are some mighty smart cookies in the "set" business in Hollywood ....

Lannis

I like the 'Ed' theory. He earned his support.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

dubtac

« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2015, 10:32:55 PM »
Worst show ever has to be Jersey Shore, I felt offended everytime I seen it on a TV.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here