Author Topic: U.S. Lawsuit against Screaming Eagle aftermarket parts, emissions  (Read 24395 times)

Offline HDGoose

• Gaggle Hero
Re: U.S. Lawsuit against Screaming Eagle aftermarket parts, emissions
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2016, 01:12:24 PM »
Well, I doubt that, unless you're just saying you'll put your fingers in your ears if you don't like what you hear.

It's tough getting information.    The NextBigFuture site trumpeted today's headline "UCLA physicists discover ‘apparent departure from the laws of thermodynamics’!"

And then the article winds up with "“Of course, this work does not violate the laws of thermodynamics, but it does demonstrate there are still some interesting, potentially useful things to learn about buffer gas cooling....”

Way too much politics involved with "Climate Change" fluffle to take what you hear at face value ....

Lannis

Lannis, so you are saying that nothing in the climate has changed? The earth, solar system and universe is constantly changing. Always will. Rivers will change course. Icepacks will shift. Volcanoes will erupt. Land masses will move, break up and collide. Nothing new there.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2016, 01:14:59 PM »
Lannis, so you are saying that nothing in the climate has changed? The earth, solar system and universe is constantly changing. Always will. Rivers will change course. Icepacks will shift. Volcanoes will erupt. Land masses will move, break up and collide. Nothing new there.

Nope, I made a poor assumption upon reading your post.   I agree with you.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline HDGoose

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2016, 01:26:02 PM »
Nope, I made a poor assumption upon reading your post.   I agree with you.

Lannis

Typical old man. LOL

By the way, several of my 'older friends' have welcomed me to the old man's club because of my heart attack. Arseholes! lol

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2016, 01:27:14 PM »
Typical old man. LOL

No use in denying it .... bruvva .... !

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2016, 01:27:14 PM »

Offline sturgeon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2016, 04:03:48 PM »
Lannis (yes, I lived in a trailer for 5 years ...)

Of course you did. I'd have bet good money on it.
Dyslexics Untie!

11 Yamaha WR250R
14 Moto Guzzi V7S
16 BMW R1200R

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2016, 05:25:51 PM »
Insurance is a ponzi scheme. Nothing more. Nothing less. All major insurers in the world are having major issue right now because no one expected interest rates to remain this low for this long.

huh?
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2016, 05:30:37 PM »
Of course you did. I'd have bet good money on it.

It's how long it took me to build my house.   Had the well dug, the septic put in, the electric and telephone run back here, and pulled in a 14 x 70 trailer and hooked to it all.   Fay and I lived in the trailer with our two boys while we built our house next to it, spending about every spare night and weekend from 1989 to 1994, excavating, laying brick and block, setting beams, wiring, plumbing, hired a man to put on the standing seam roof ... it's a once in a lifetime thing for me, though, never again.  When we were done, we disconnected the trailer from the utilities, hooked them to the house, and moved in ...

Paid $21,500 for the trailer, sold it for $14,750 .... that's $112/month, pretty cheap living .... !

Lannis
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 05:31:48 PM by Lannis »

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2016, 10:11:55 PM »
Don't forget the earth quakes .

Dusty

You mean those "fraking quakes"?
Red 90 Mille GT

oldbike54

« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2016, 10:21:22 PM »

Well , that is close to what we call them Harv  :shocked:

Dusty

Offline fatbob

• Gosling
« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2016, 10:26:27 PM »
Triumph and Arrow should be crapping their pants right about now. Triumph also sells Triumph branded "Off Road Only" exhausts, wink, wink, nod, nod...

True, but about one set for HD's 100 sets. Small target
Bob Lower

'07 Norge
'01 K1200LT
'10 Thunderbird
'88 FLHS
'79 R100T
'03 R1150RT
'07 GTS 250

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2016, 08:10:36 AM »
We had friends whose family lived right on the Mississippi Gulf coast, as in a deck over the water.  When I asked them about hurricanes their response was, we just rebuild the house.  It was all wood and they had no possessions that they could not replace.

They also had a travel trailer that they used when hurricanes threatened.  As soon as one formed in the gulf they'd load up the trailer and head north (before the roads got clogged with those who waited too long).  Wait until it went away and go back home, if there was one.  They rebuilt 3 times.  Their parents rebuilt 6 times.  No insurance would cover them.

I asked them why they still lived there.  He pointed to the fresh seafood on the table he had pulled up that day.  He figured all of his "free" meals made up for the cost of the rebuilds.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2016, 09:08:08 AM »

actually waste water injection quakes.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2016, 11:28:51 AM »
Ya'll do know that New Orleans had thousands who moved away (and never came back, New Orleans has less residents than when I was in HS) and that the state instituted many building code reforms in the aftermath of Katrina, right? New Orleans had a plan and great pockets full of assurances from the Corps of Engineers in 2005. Unfortunately, the Corp's 17th Street Canal levee had other ideas.

The entire Mississippi River basin is mostly flat, so when these areas become inundated with water from rain, rising rivers, or storm surge it tends to affect large areas. It happens in Louisiana, but also in places like Iowa and Missouri. Population is the factor that has created huge financial impacts. 80% of the world lives close to the ocean. When tragedy strikes, great numbers of persons are affected because great numbers of persons are around...
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here