Author Topic: Getting rid of tailgaters without road rage, any advice (ngc)  (Read 21501 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Getting rid of tailgaters without road rage, any advice (ngc)
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2016, 03:32:16 PM »
I knew an old chief with the two propellors on butt cheeks tattoo, it also said 10 knots no smoke.
He was an engineman chief.

If I had the guts, physical conditioning, and lack of claustrophobia it takes to be a Navy diver, I'd probably get those same tattoos just for the fun of it ...

A friend of mine is a retired Coast Guard rescue swimmer.   Man, the situations they have to jump into ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline atavar

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #151 on: October 04, 2016, 05:04:58 PM »
I wonder if such a face painted on the back of the helmet would work? Nah, they would close up to get a better look. Is there room for someone inventing  a small hologram projection here?  (Your a sick man Lannis, but I like it)

Wait! Smoke! Now there is an idea!

Now if you had this face painted on your helmet and turned around...
2008 Norge - Black Wing Squadron

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2016, 05:13:37 PM »
The trouble is that if you make it weird enough looking, drivers will come up behind you to get a good look.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Bill Hagan

« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2016, 08:46:10 PM »
Haven't seen it mentioned here, and it has limited to no application to riding, but I have found a technique that works when in a cage.  Used it three times today on I-81 en route to Atlanta when traffic was thick and fast, and the "hostiles" were coming up closer to my little Fit than if in line at the drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A. 

I have noticed that when folks pull such tricks my windshield seems to need cleaning.  :wink:  Most 'gaters drive fancy cars and they back off instantly when my spray goes up and over.  Usually only takes one "application."  :grin:

Seriously -- tho that was -- on my Guzzis, I use the "cautionary hand" in what I intend as a non-confrontational way.  That almost always works.  When it doesn't, I quickly review my limited understanding of physics and our comparative weights, which invariably leads to my turning into the nearest exit opportunity.

Bill

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:47:07 PM by Bill Hagan »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2016, 08:46:10 PM »

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #154 on: October 05, 2016, 06:46:22 AM »
Now Bill has an idea....Take an aftermarket windshield cleaner kit and adapt it so it sprays rearward with a sign that reads, "caution, relief tube in use. Otherwise spit chewing tobacco?
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Nic in Western NYS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #155 on: October 05, 2016, 11:12:43 AM »

I have noticed that when folks pull such tricks my windshield seems to need cleaning.  :wink:  Most 'gaters drive fancy cars and they back off instantly when my spray goes up and over.  Usually only takes one "application."  :grin:

Seriously -- tho that was -- on my Guzzis, I use the "cautionary hand" in what I intend as a non-confrontational way.  That almost always works.  When it doesn't, I quickly review my limited understanding of physics and our comparative weights, which invariably leads to my turning into the nearest exit opportunity.

Bill
Windshield washers are an amazing, flexible invention.    I don't do the 'cautionary hand' move because it might be seen as aggressive and as you say, physics rules.
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here