Author Topic: Mark Etheridge hit by left turning driver  (Read 26053 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Mark Etheridge hit by left turning driver
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2017, 07:59:23 AM »
  A tee I bought Kathi there --  -- is her favorite. 

Bill & Kathi

WhooEE!   Mine too, now ....  :evil:   :azn:
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Vince in Milwaukee

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2017, 03:54:07 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm a big time Luddite and don't do pay pal.  I'd like to mail in a check, but not to Mark personally (get the feeling he wouldn't cash it and send it back).  Who wants to be my go between and cash my check and post that $ to pay pal?  Thanks in advance.
1984 Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans III, 1986 California II
Gone but not forgotten:
1969 Moto Guzzi Ambo, 1994 BMW K75RTw/ABS, 1996 BMW R1100RT, and 1993 BMW K75

Offline Bill Owens

• Gosling
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2017, 04:10:47 PM »
Vince,
If you have a credit card simply go to go fund me link in this thread . Easy pease.

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2017, 04:16:13 PM »
Never met Mark yet, but look forward to the day I do.  Hit the gofundme link, sent some money his way, made me feel a little better, knowing the Guzzi community is taking care of one of the good ones.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2017, 04:16:13 PM »

Offline Vince in Milwaukee

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2017, 06:02:16 PM »
Vince,
If you have a credit card simply go to go fund me link in this thread . Easy pease.

I did it!  Maybe it's time for me to put away some of my Luddite ways. 
1984 Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans III, 1986 California II
Gone but not forgotten:
1969 Moto Guzzi Ambo, 1994 BMW K75RTw/ABS, 1996 BMW R1100RT, and 1993 BMW K75

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2017, 06:20:11 PM »
Attaboy..  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2017, 04:40:05 PM »
Getting closer now to the goal!!  :thumb: :thumb: :1: :cool:

Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2017, 05:19:30 PM »
Getting closer now to the goal!!  :thumb: :thumb: :1: :cool:

Are you including the Paypal donations as well as the GoFund?

Offline Roebling3

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2017, 05:37:15 PM »
Hey Cam, et al., An eon or 2 ago I chose a nasty accident. A heroic gesture @ the time. I know from 'plum nuts''. Black, blue, green w/touches of amber. I looked like I was wearing shorts. The steering wheel caught me b4 I could leave the cab.  Yes. I did father 2 kids. (Actually the late 50's).  R3~ 

jwinwi

« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2017, 05:57:10 PM »
Paypal to info@motoguzziclassics.com means Mark gets 100% of your donation. Gofundme can go fund themselves.

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2017, 06:17:58 PM »
Are you including the Paypal donations as well as the GoFund?

No...this is just from GoFundMe....what is the PayPal donations up to?!?  :thumb: :thumb: :1: :1: :cool: :cool:
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline decotriumph

• Hatchling
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2017, 09:22:02 PM »
I made my contribution to the cause tonight through PayPal. No point giving GoFundMe a piece of the money we want Mark to get. PayPal F&F gets all the money to Mark. I'm sure either is appreciated, though.
Alan M
Tullahoma, TN

2004 Moto Guzzi California EV1100 Touring

Past Guzzis:
2020 V85TT Adventure
2017 V9 Bobber
2014 Stelvio NTX
2012 Stelvio
2000 Jackal
1997 1100i Sport
1975 850T

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2017, 09:39:48 PM »
wait a second..

I thought "Gofoud me money " will give Mark 100% of the donations money... no fees .

Am i wrong ?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 09:46:05 PM by arveno »

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2017, 09:42:00 PM »
That's why I used Paypal too.  They don't charge the recipient a fee, the sender pays one instead.

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2017, 09:46:43 PM »
That's why I used Paypal too.  They don't charge the recipient a fee, the sender pays one instead.

what ???

How much is the fee ?

that's Bull.....

Offline Air-Cooled

• Gosling
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2017, 10:13:55 PM »
The sender pays nothing on PayPal
1973 Moto Guzzi V7 Sport, 2016 Moto Guzzi Stornello, 2023 Vespa Primavera

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2017, 10:33:15 PM »
what ???

How much is the fee ?

that's Bull.....

5%
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2017, 12:21:02 AM »
The sender pays nothing on PayPal

Cost me US$4.02 to send my donation from a US Bank using Paypal.  Where do I go for the refund (or better still send it to Mark).

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2017, 06:04:58 AM »
I posted this on page 3:

Am I responsible for taxes?

"Donations made to GoFundMe campaigns are usually considered to be "personal gifts" which, for the most part, aren�t taxed as income.

However, there may be particular case-specific instances where the income is in fact taxable (depending on amounts received, use of the funds, etc.), so we recommend that you maintain adequate records of donations received and consult a tax professional to be sure. Because everyone's situation is different and tax rules can change from time to time, we�re unable to give any tax advice.

Separately, there are also times when GoFundMe campaigns are created to benefit a registered non-profit organization or charity. Donations made to those campaigns may be considered eligible for a tax deduction."

https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/204295498-Am-I-responsible-for-taxes-

Also:

"GoFundMe's fee is 5% from each donation you receive. The payment processor fee is 2.9% + $0.30 per donation. "

1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline mtiberio

• Gaggle Hero
    • TiberioRacing
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2017, 07:11:22 AM »
Does anyone know how mark is doing?
Land Speed Records w/Guzzzi:
SCTA M-PG 1000 141.6 MPH
LTA M-PF 1000 137.3 MPH
ECTA M-PG 1000 118.6 MPH
http://gjm.site90.com/mtiberio

pete roper

« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2017, 08:00:18 AM »
General feedback is that he's doing as well as can be expected Mike. Without being intrusive there isn't much more any of us can do. I'm sure that if he felt he should respond in some way he'd be able to do so through some proxy but my guess would be he doesn't really know what's happening funds wise and that's probably for the best because he'd probably frett if I know him, (Which I do on only the most superficial level.) and feel guilty. That is a natural bullshit reaction and something he doesn't need to have foisted on him right now.

Anyway, I want to be able to taunt him about his swollen nuts! Having lost a nut in a similar situation I look forward to seeing him again and regaling him with one of those "Yours only went purple! You were lucky!" Stories and making his eyes water...! :D

Pete

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2017, 09:38:16 AM »
General feedback is that he's doing as well as can be expected Mike. Without being intrusive there isn't much more any of us can do. I'm sure that if he felt he should respond in some way he'd be able to do so through some proxy but my guess would be he doesn't really know what's happening funds wise and that's probably for the best because he'd probably frett if I know him, (Which I do on only the most superficial level.) and feel guilty. That is a natural bullshit reaction and something he doesn't need to have foisted on him right now.

Anyway, I want to be able to taunt him about his swollen nuts! Having lost a nut in a similar situation I look forward to seeing him again and regaling him with one of those "Yours only went purple! You were lucky!" Stories and making his eyes water...! :D

Pete

Spoke to him on his cell a couple days ago, and told him about the fund raising effort.   I got the feeling he already knew about it, and he usually does not like anything like that.   But I will say he got very choked up after that,  and he admitted it will help him tremendously.   He's a very proud guy, but realizes his predicament.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline mtiberio

• Gaggle Hero
    • TiberioRacing
« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2017, 12:48:37 PM »
more interested in how he is doing physically, not financially. Is he still in the Hospital?
Land Speed Records w/Guzzzi:
SCTA M-PG 1000 141.6 MPH
LTA M-PF 1000 137.3 MPH
ECTA M-PG 1000 118.6 MPH
http://gjm.site90.com/mtiberio

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2017, 01:29:06 PM »
more interested in how he is doing physically, not financially. Is he still in the Hospital?

He's in a convalescent home. Josh is trying to keep the shop open, and said he should be coming home "soon."
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline jdgretz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Proud Owner of a Red Norge
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2017, 02:20:28 PM »
No...this is just from GoFundMe....what is the PayPal donations up to?!?  :thumb: :thumb: :1: :1: :cool: :cool:

I don't think there is anyway to see the PayPal donations unless you are the receiving account holder.  That being said, with the approval and urging of SWMBO, we just sent another donation via PayPay, so the total of both accounts is pretty close to, if not over $11,000.

When I went looking for a sport-touring bike, I got a very short ride on a Norge - maybe three miles around downtown Long Beach from a shop that is no longer there.  When I started asking technical questions about the Norge, the shop admitted they knew little to nothing about Moto Guzzi as they had just started with them and pointed me to Mark in Signal Hill.

Mark spent at least a hour giving me all the good, bad, and the ugly about being a MG dealer, pricing, support etc., and suggested I look at Moto International for my purchase, which I did.  The rest, as they say is history.

My wife and I have a bunch of good times, and many miles of smiles thanks to his honesty, candid remarks, and referral to MI for our purchase.

I picked up Matthew P's EV from Mark where it was being stored, and then had him do a couple of minor service items on it during the years I kept the bike for Matthew, and attended Nick's "remembrance" at the shop back in 2012.  He and Sean even tried to figure out the high idle issue I had with the Norge when I first got it (it corrected itself one day - who know why?), but I've never really spent any money with Mark, so this is about the only way I can give back to someone who has been such a positive in my life, and the lives of many others in the Guzzi community.

jdg
2007 Norge Sophia The Fast Red One
1999 Honda Helix - Zippy
2008 Honda Goldwing

Offline ed@guzzipower.com

• Hatchling
  • Guzzi Powered
« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2017, 03:12:26 PM »
Thank you to everyone who contributed to Mark's get well fund. He has received a huge amount of support from the guzzi community. I know he is both humbled and grateful. 

His condition is still improving and he is looking toward his release from the convalescent facility in the next few days. He mentioned  using some of those funds to build a ramp at his residence and for household medical gear. He's already purchased (and  hot rodded...) a bathroom cherry picker so he can use the toilet more effectively. :)

Guzzi Classics is open for orders and work with mechanic Josh Cole running everything.. Josh is swamped, so your patience is appreciated. Mark should be online in the very near future to express his thanks :gotpics:.

Ed Milich
Ed Milich
Guzzipower.com

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2017, 05:39:03 PM »
Thank you to everyone who contributed to Mark's get well fund. He has received a huge amount of support from the guzzi community. I know he is both humbled and grateful. 

His condition is still improving and he is looking toward his release from the convalescent facility in the next few days. He mentioned  using some of those funds to build a ramp at his residence and for household medical gear. He's already purchased (and  hot rodded...) a bathroom cherry picker so he can use the toilet more effectively. :)

Guzzi Classics is open for orders and work with mechanic Josh Cole running everything.. Josh is swamped, so your patience is appreciated. Mark should be online in the very near future to express his thanks :gotpics:.

Ed Milich

Thanks for lookin' out Ed.  We need that lunatic!

Cam
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2017, 05:42:19 PM »

Ed Milich

Thanks for your efforts and the update, Ed!  :thumb: :cool: :1:
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Cam Lay

• Gosling
« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2017, 05:55:13 PM »
Done. Hang in there, Mark, and get better.

Biology is destiny.  Culture is ecology.  Most things are beetles.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here