Author Topic: Texas Turnip Takes a Tumble official WG merged threadfest  (Read 30682 times)

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
Re: Texas Turnip Takes a Tumble
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2017, 12:16:05 AM »
No, Dusty.  We believe you about the wallaby.  It's Tex and Beaver that we doubt.

oldbike54

« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2017, 07:08:54 PM »
No, Dusty.  We believe you about the wallaby.  It's Tex and Beaver that we doubt.

Are you suggesting that they are both mythical creatures ? :laugh:

Dusty

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2017, 04:46:11 PM »
Are you suggesting that they are both mythical creatures ? :laugh:

Dusty

A distinct possibility.
New Zealand
2002 Ev tourer (Stalled again...)

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2017, 04:54:33 PM »
A distinct possibility.

Naw, we don't think they are mythical creatures, but there is some suspicion that their creatures are mythical.

Got a call from Ken yesterday.  Missed it, but he left a message.  He says he walked a thousand feet (he didn't say if those were regular feet or his size 16 feet) and that he's got the free use of one arm now.  He's graduating from a heavy PT regimen to more regular activities.  He says all the credit goes to Georganne, but I suspect that he doesn't want to be upstaged by the wallaby.  As always, he joked a lot in the message and sounded very positive.  He says God has blessed him with good friends and a smooth recovery.  I agree.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2017, 04:54:33 PM »

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2017, 06:17:57 PM »

He says... he's got the free use of one arm now.

Does he have to pay to use the other? Maybe we could send up some crowdfunding...  :evil:
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

oldbike54

« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2017, 08:17:38 PM »
 Ken says he talked his doctor into removing his purse , which makes him very happy  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2017, 08:42:59 PM »
Ken says he talked his doctor into removing his purse , which makes him very happy  :laugh:

Dusty

Not sure what that means, but have an idea...............

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2017, 09:39:02 PM »

Dusty

Oh -- now I get it.  He told me they were removing his pecan, which had me going in a completely nother direction.   :shocked:

. . .and speaking of purses, did he mention the wallaby?  With the big dinner coming up tomorrow and Tex not being able to scrape up the traditional possum, I'm getting nervous for any marsupials within reach.

oldbike54

« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2017, 09:45:25 PM »
Oh -- now I get it.  He told me they were removing his pecan, which had me going in a completely nother direction.   :shocked:

. . .and speaking of purses, did he mention the wallaby?  With the big dinner coming up tomorrow and Tex not being able to scrape up the traditional possum, I'm getting nervous for any marsupials within reach.

Hoppy is safe , or will be if he stops climbing on Beaver's bed when she goes to work  :grin:

Dusty

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2017, 09:59:47 PM »
Hoppy is safe , or will be if he stops climbing on Beaver's bed when she goes to work  :grin:

Dusty

So will Tex.   :laugh:

Thinking it over, Hoppy has no worries.  I was there for Thanksgiving last year.  All Tex's possum recipes start with

"1)  After reinflating and disinfecting, ensure that all road debris and bone fragments are removed."  :food:

Tex is a well squared-away sailor.  He goes by the numbers.  :afro:  He'd never get past that first step with Hoppy, so the others won't happen. 

oldbike54

« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2017, 10:11:24 PM »
 :laugh: :shocked: :laugh: :shocked: :laugh: :shocked:

Dusty

Offline sbaker

• Gaggle Hero
  • Piaggio Stock Holder
« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2017, 12:02:56 PM »
Thankful he is making progress... .Go Ken!!!
Sam
Dallas, TX

AGATT

Hey Check out my CD www.cdbaby.com/bakersam

Current
Norge Wing: White Squadron
Ducati 900ss

Previous
Griso Wing: Yellow Squadron (shot down 3/11)
2008 Norge - Red... fastest of the 2V
1975 Convert + Sidecar - Fun
2004 California EV Touring

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2017, 04:01:46 PM »
Good to see you posting on the forum Ken.  Richard Thibideaux and I wanted to visit but thought you were being inundated with visitors, phone calls etc.  We thought it best to visit some other time and no invade your healing time.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
Texas Turnip
« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2017, 01:54:19 PM »
Just got a call from Ken, what an uplifting experience, especially to hear his sense of humor in spite of being squashed. that man is an inspiration!
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

oldbike54

Re: Texas Turnip
« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2017, 02:13:31 PM »
Just got a call from Ken, what an uplifting experience, especially to hear his sense of humor in spite of being squashed. that man is an inspiration!

Yeah , Ken is an inspiration for sure , spoke to him yesterday , a-laugh-a-minute  :laugh: Did he mention that Hoppy the Wallaby is keeping Wilson the Cat honest ? :grin:

Dusty

Offline azguzzirep

• Gaggle Hero
  • Gratzi Carlo!
Re: Texas Turnip Takes a Tumble official WG merged threadfest
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2017, 01:35:40 PM »
I'm really happy Ken is feeling better. Ain't seen him since the  Grass Valley national, probably, but I still consider him my friend.

HANG IN THERE, KEN! Put on one of those ugly shirts if yours, and give 'em hell!!!

Tom
Murphy's  Law sucks!

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2017, 10:36:07 AM »
Good to see you posting on the forum Ken.  Richard Thibideaux and I wanted to visit but thought you were being inundated with visitors, phone calls etc.  We thought it best to visit some other time and no invade your healing time.

Tom, The first few weeks were not the best and visitors would have wanted a refund :laugh:. Still lots of work to make the left arm as long as the right. .

Doc sez no cigars. I want the 14 bones to heal so the cigars are safe in the humidors.

I'm a very thankful man after going to the Dallas VA few weeks ago. If your dandruff is causing deep trama....visit a VA hospital.

Tex

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Texas Turnip Takes a Tumble official WG merged threadfest
« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2017, 10:56:56 AM »
I'm a very thankful man after going to the Dallas VA few weeks ago. If your dandruff is causing deep trama....visit a VA hospital.

That's a very good point, Tex.  :thumb:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

twowings

Re: Texas Turnip
« Reply #168 on: December 01, 2017, 06:16:44 PM »

I thought he was 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration... :shocked:

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here