Author Topic: So Cal NAR Lake Henshaw October 19-21 Now with a ton-o-pictures  (Read 19137 times)

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: So Cal NAR Lake Henshaw October 19-21 Now with a ton-o-pictures
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2018, 05:44:11 PM »
When I rode the 1000SP out to SoCal, there was a record heat wave in the west. All my plans of smelling the roses went out the window.. and it became a test of endurance. Wet down shirt under my gear, hunkered behind that great fairing, and in 20 minutes it would be dry again. Two 12 hour days of 115 degrees is not to be trifled with ..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2018, 06:08:37 PM »
Packing water in gallon jugs for the daytime or ride at night.  Different thinking for that type of riding. :tongue:  There are deer in the desert regions too.   :tongue:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2018, 06:50:55 PM »
Packing water in gallon jugs for the daytime or ride at night.  Different thinking for that type of riding. :tongue:  There are deer in the desert regions too.   :tongue:

People "DIE" every year hiking in the summer, around the Verde Valley because they did carry enough water...

...and invariably, they are NOT from Arizona... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

Mother Nature is not very forgiving to the unprepared...(just sayin') :wink:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2018, 06:55:14 PM »
"Different thinking".  Why the h~ll would go hiking in the middle of the day in the desert?  Stoopid.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2018, 06:55:14 PM »

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here