Author Topic: V7 Fault codes after Beetle Map  (Read 3568 times)

Offline timax

• New Egg
V7 Fault codes after Beetle Map
« on: November 06, 2018, 02:14:50 AM »
So i have had the check engine light on ever since uploading a Beetle Map. Bike runs great and so much better with the map. I have had problems connecting to the Guzidiag program using a Mac bud had success today and found these fauts

P0653 - ECU has detected a high voltage condition from the coil or related.
P0611-Fuel Injector Control Module Performance -- **This lives continuously on the Guzzi MIU ECU. Check to see if you have an over-charging scenario : 15V+ at idle - replace voltage regulator immediately**

So i have checked a few times in the past and again today at the battery with a multimeter and also on the GuzziDiag application.
Voltage seems just fine. Dosn't spike when reved .
I cant reset these either they just stay there.
So any ideas??
Cheers Tim

Only a lame , underpowered piece of shit V7ll with a fake scrambler makeover  not really worthy of a Guzzi badge but its mine and i love it!

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
Re: V7 Fault codes after Beetle Map
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 06:33:44 AM »
Do you have the original plug caps?  If so it could be a miss fire and you'll want to change them out to NGK's sooner than later. Also ECU codes you can clear with guzzi diag but dash codes are dealer ( pads) only.   You can try disconnecting your battery leads and then probe them for dc volts with your meter at it's lowest range.  If you find voltage there , clamp the + and -  battery leads together and leave for an hour or so and check again with the meter. This will discharge the capacitors which are storing the dash codes and should reset them . On My cali 1400 the stored voltage started out around 14.5 millivolts and dissipated slowly down to 1.4 and would drop no further. codes cleared and no 3 hour ride to dealer required.  Keep us posted, and good luck with it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 07:24:28 AM by lucian »

Offline timax

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 02:20:24 PM »
Thanks for that. Ill give it a tray.
Cheers Tim :thumb:
Only a lame , underpowered piece of shit V7ll with a fake scrambler makeover  not really worthy of a Guzzi badge but its mine and i love it!

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 02:28:17 PM »
And give Mark a ring, or drop him a mail - he's not back at work yet, and must have seen all the movies & YouTube he can stand - got to try to keep him off the streets & out of the milk bars.
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 02:28:17 PM »

beetle

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 03:35:08 PM »
P0611-Fuel Injector Control Module Performance -- **This lives continuously on the Guzzi MIU ECU. Check to see if you have an over-charging scenario : 15V+ at idle - replace voltage regulator immediately**

Don't know where you got this info for P0611, but it's incorrect. This code tells us the data buffer is full. It can only be deleted by PADS. It has nothing to do with the voltage regulator. You can ignore it.

P0653 - ECU has detected a high voltage condition from the coil or related.

Wrong again. It tells us the ECU has detected a higher than expected voltage on a sensor. It may mean that it's seen 5.5V on a max 5V circuit. It has nothing to do with the coils.

I recommend you reflash the map again, including relearning the throttle.

Offline timax

• New Egg
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 02:51:07 AM »
Cool!
Thanks all for your help.
Love the map by the way. Transformed the bike!!
Cheers Tim

oh codes from Todd on the Guzzitech forum

Offline timax

• New Egg
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 03:12:54 AM »

I recommend you reflash the map again, including relearning the throttle.
Thanks for this.
I reflashed the map and reset the throttle a few times as you recommend in your tutorial but engine light still on so might drop it into Motociclo one day to get John to clear it for me.
Cheers Tim

pete roper

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 03:18:48 AM »
Have you got any error codes being thrown?

beetle

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 04:22:20 AM »
If you are still getting P0653, you may have a bad sensor. Check engine & air temp in GuzziDiag make sense. That is, with a cold engine, engine and air temp should be close or equal.

pete roper

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 05:09:56 AM »
This is what I'm thinking. The map is a known quantity. The Guzzidiag software is a known quantity. Somewhere there must be an indicator of what is causing the issue and I'm guessing it will be sensor related.

Offline lozzamk

• New Egg
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 05:33:19 PM »
Hi timax/Pete,
My 2011 V7 Racer is now doing this too after a 37,500 km service that included a new Bettle Map. My check engine light came on a few times going to and from the Spag Rally a few weeks ago. The bike was at operating temperature on each occasion. My feet weren't covered in oil and the bike didn't spontaneously combust on the 500 km trip, so I kept on riding. The bike's running great with the new map, so I think it's a sensor issue too. I don't have Guzzidiag to pinpoint the issue, so I'll keep an eye on this post to see what Motociclo do to fix the problem and go down the same path to rectify it.
My bike still has its original red plug leads if that's a contributing factor?

pete roper

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2018, 05:43:06 PM »
I'm a lot closer than John. Want to drop over so I can take a shufty?

Pete

Offline lozzamk

• New Egg
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 06:05:56 PM »
Hi Pete,
It's not urgent, nor am I losing any sleep over it. I was keeping an eye on this post to find the fix so I could order the same parts from you. My Peugeot 205gti from the late 80s and early 90s do the same thing every now and then. I think they must get their engine sensors from the same supplier!

Give me a call to let me know when you can fit me in. Hope Michael's recovery is progressing well too.

Offline timax

• New Egg
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 05:31:24 AM »
Ill have a look again tomorrow night and see what code is coming up plus check that those temps are close.
Cheers , ill report back.

Offline timax

• New Egg
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 01:28:47 AM »
If you are still getting P0653, you may have a bad sensor. Check engine & air temp in GuzziDiag make sense. That is, with a cold engine, engine and air temp should be close or equal.

Ok so temps within 3c on an engine sitting for 2 days.  P0653 : no signal  fault.

I have huge problems connecting to  Guzidiag using a MAC  and annoyed i didnt check the temps with the bike running . Cant reconnect now.Air was 26 and engine 23.  Reality was more like 24 ambient air temp but then the bike is outside at the moment and possibly a bit of heat retained from the sun.
https://youtu.be/yNx13n59Mxk for anyone interested in connection issues.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 01:51:03 AM by timax »

beetle

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 03:57:01 AM »
Temp sensors seem OK.

Fuel sensor could fail without affecting running, but I don't know whether it would throw an error that would bring on the check engine light?

Anything else would throw an associated error, and likely affect running.

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 09:21:43 PM »
Have you tried reloading your original map?

I had something similar happen with a map for my Norge. Threw the triangle of death warning light and a bunch of codes. I re-loaded the factory and prior maps and everything was fine. Seems that something went wrong with the map during download.  Mark resent a link for the map, I downloaded it again, and installed, no problems. It's worth a shot.

If you dont have the same error codes with the factory map, the problem May be with the downloaded file.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:25:37 PM by Bulldog9 »
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Offline timax

• New Egg
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 10:05:55 PM »
Yes that thought has crossed my mind.
Problem started as soon as i loaded the map.
The Beetle map has totally transformed the bike though and i have NO desire to ride it without. The connection problems are what has held me back doing what you suggest. I could end up not being able to reconnect to load  the map again. It is the next try though.

beetle

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 10:11:08 PM »
PM your details and I'll send you another download link.

pete roper

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 10:11:38 PM »
Bring it over, I'll load it up and have a looksee. Any weekday before the 4th. Just let me know you're coming.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here