Author Topic: Nov '18 SWVA. Guzzi lunch meet  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
    • Virginia Moto Guzzi Owners Club
Nov '18 SWVA. Guzzi lunch meet
« on: November 12, 2018, 02:56:41 PM »
Guzzisti,
For November 2018, The Va Guzzi riders SWVA Guzzi lunch meet will be this coming Saturday, November 17th, 12:30 P.M. at Bravo Italian Grill, 1012 West Virginia Avenue, Crewe, Va. 23930. Finding it is no problem as "West Virginia Ave." is Rt 460 when it passes through Crewe. Entering town from the West, You'll see a railroad display on your right, Bravo is just ahead on your left.
 Restaurant phone # is (434) 538-0008. My numbers; (434)993-3841, landline (best bet), cel, (problems day of event only)  (434) 426-3329. The advanced weatherguess for Crewe on Saturday is sunny w/a high of 54, 0% chance of rain. That high of 54 is the highest temperature-guess for Crew from today through next Wednesday. Looks like fall got bypassed this year & we need to enjoy whatever decent riding weather we're given.
See ya there,
Ron
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Nov '18 SWVA. Guzzi lunch meet
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 03:03:07 PM »
My long-standing policy: Anyone interested in Moto Guzzis No matter what you ride/drive is always welcome at any Guzzi function in Virginia. In the area? Out for a ride/drive? Stop in at the Bravo Italian Grill & join us for lunch.
ronkom
THE MOTRESYKLMAN
 Restore, Repair, Accessorize, Buy, Sell & Trade Exotic, Unusual, or Interesting Motorcycles. Guzzi Wrench 35+ years

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 04:16:32 PM »
Bump
THE MOTRESYKLMAN

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 09:26:35 PM »
A nice get-together today, and a lovely day in the 40s and 50s to ride, after all the rain we've had.   All the little rivers were full, but the roads were clean and empty.

Eleven folks there today; 5 Guzzis, a Triumph Speed Triple, two guys in their teens (I'm tellin' ya, there's nothing to worry about "who will fool with these bikes when we're gone?").    Folks from all over the state.

Good Italian food.   I didn't tote a camera, but mojohand was there and I believe I saw him wielding an efficient looking one.   Over the back roads to home afterward, about 140 quality autumn miles ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 09:26:35 PM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 02:03:51 PM »
Couple of pics from the lunch ...

This one has Ronkom, Allyn Chappell, me, and Bob Corfield getting his Sport ready to ride home ...

Bikes are '89 Mille with sidecar (Allyn), Triumph Speed Triple (mojohand), '76 Convert (Mike Jones), Bob's sport-Guzzi, Ron's Eldo, and my Stelvio.

and from the other side, with mojohand in the hi-viz vest ...

Not something you see often in a Central Virginia railroad town ...

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 02:05:58 PM »
 :thumb:
Charlie

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 10:41:58 AM »
My report on the meet:

Guzzisti,

Saturday's weather was truly a gift from Ma nature, beautiful sunshine & cool enough that all the proper riding gear was comfortable. I wore my old Hein Gericke "Paris-to-Dakar" leather jacket....actually "jacket" is too weak a term this heavy & well-built garment...it's a COAT. It had to be a 3X tall to fit me, & I've had comments over the years about how many cow hides went into making it..."cows quake in fear when they see it" LOL. After a wonderful hour+ cruise I pulled in to the Bravo parking lot & backed the Eldo into a space next to a gorgeous  Le Mans. It was ridden in by Bob Corfield who came across the lot cradling a cup of hot coffee. He said his SP had started dropping a cylinder again & was home waiting for diagnosis. With in a few minutes, 3 bikes arrived, Allyn Chappell  piloting his Milli GT/sidecar rig, Lannis Selz on his Stelveo, & Mike Jones on his Convert. With the four Guzzi's lined up we covered the decades from the early 1970's  through the early 2010's. As we kicked tires another bike arrived, Joe Sokohl on his "formerly owned" Triumph w/a paper temp. tag. He said his new bike was in the shop, & when asked what he wanted as a loaner, he chose the Triumph he'd traded in. He said it was because he was familiar with it, but perhaps a touch of "trade-in remorse"?  I know I sure miss my EV. I sold it for all the "right" reasons....but.
We went in & got seated, our table for 8 was almost filled when Mark & Earline Yeats arrived, then we had to drag another table over to accommodate David Phillips & his two Grandsons Landon & Gavin. Eleven is an awesome turn-out for a winter lunch...yea I know it isn't officially winter, but it certainly has felt like it lately.
We got our orders in..... Mike changed his usual order!....getting onion rings instead of fries w/his eggplant parm sub.  I was disappointed that they didn't have my favorite linguini w/red clam sauce on the menu. I decided on the small vegi calzone.     
Conversation ranged up & down the table, Allyn's sidecar rig, Lannis's recent month long tour "out West", new models, old bike maintenance, how many bikes to own?...and that was just a sampling of what I could hear at my end of the table. When the food was served, the talk lagged except to comment on how huge the portions were & how good it was. The eggplant parm passed muster w/ Mike. My "small" calzone had the ends cut off & put on the plate to the sides because they'd have hung over otherwise. I ended up taking almost half of it home in a box.
Loading up outside, Bob commented on how handy the tail-trunk is for things like a food-overflow pizza box, it's one of the things that don't work to well on a sport bike. My bad right knee got chilled on the ride down to Crewe & was aching pretty badly ( I should have worn long-johns under my draggin' jeans), so I took the most direct way home. Some of the guys had planned routes going the long way, I wish I'd felt up to it....getting old sux.

A Happy Thanksgiving to all, safe travels to Mike who'll be in Muldovia over Thanksgiving. Hoping Ma nature smiles on us again next month, see ya then.

Ron 
THE MOTRESYKLMAN

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 10:58:06 AM »
If anyone is curious about the extension duct-taped to the windshield on my Eldo, it's a clear face shield. The windshield that came w/my Italian Police fairing is too short for me. I bought a tall replacement windshield from Gustaffesn, but (of course) it's too tall. I don't have a slow-speed bandsaw, so I have to take it to a  glass/plexiglas specialty shop in town to get it cut down....once I decide exactly how tall I want it. The face shield isn't perfectly shaped, but it does give me a way to judge  a good look over/look through height.
Ron
THE MOTRESYKLMAN

Offline Ronkom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 11:01:46 AM »
correction in the report FIVE Guzzis lined up....doh!
Ron
THE MOTRESYKLMAN

Offline stonelover

• Gosling
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 12:15:50 PM »
If anyone is curious about the extension duct-taped to the windshield on my Eldo, it's a clear face shield. The windshield that came w/my Italian Police fairing is too short for me. I bought a tall replacement windshield from Gustaffesn, but (of course) it's too tall. I don't have a slow-speed bandsaw, so I have to take it to a  glass/plexiglas specialty shop in town to get it cut down....once I decide exactly how tall I want it. The face shield isn't perfectly shaped, but it does give me a way to judge  a good look over/look through height.
Ron

Ron,
A roto tool has worked well for me in the past.  Masking tape on both sides of the screen and template to mark your cut.  CAREFUL & STEADY hand will git 'er done.
 Bill H.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here