Author Topic: SPOT Available: Sorry, it's Gone  (Read 1424 times)

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
SPOT Available: Sorry, it's Gone
« on: November 20, 2018, 02:26:50 PM »
I have a Version Two SPOT (about 5 years old) that I used when on the road so my wife could track me and my progress.  My last bike is now gone (and not to be replaced) so the SPOT is no longer needed.

For those who don't know -- the SPOT is a battery powered, satellite-signal driven, location device.  It's about the size of a pack of cigarettes and I had it mounted on my bike at the front end.  This Version sends out a signal every 10 minutes that locates an exact position on a map.  My wife used those tracked locations to monitor my progress/location.  The annual subscription price was $150. -- $100. for the basic package and $50. for the tracking feature. 

PM me if you're interested, can use it, have questions, etc.  My subscription will be de-activated at the end of this year and the device will be available after that time.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:55:13 AM by ChuckH »
Essential to the pursuit of happiness is knowing when you've caught it.
Life's what happens while you're making other plans.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

'08 Chevy Corvette (non-Stealth, Bright Red)

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: SPOT Available, Free
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 08:29:22 PM »
Sorry you had to sell off your last bike.. but glad your still around here.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 08:39:00 PM »
Chuck,
You could give away your GSP too since your wife can now read the map to you from the passenger seat!   :wink:
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
Re: SPOT Available: Sorry, it's Gone
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 04:50:53 AM »
Chuck,   
You could give away your GPS too since your wife can now read the map to you from the passenger seat!   

Good Morning John,

You're right, she can handle the map-details.  However, the Vette (the Base Model) doesn't have the built-in GPS (if they were an option in 2008) so I use the motorcycle unit in it.

Believe it or not, I put 10K miles on that vehicle this last Summer (about what I normally rode on the Beemer in a riding season), including the 2200 miles up to Grand Marais and return in June.  We really enjoyed that trip but I don't know if she will want to repeat it in '19 or not.  I suspect it will be on my "Touring Calendar" though.  I can't call it a Riding Calendar any longer.

Frankly, I'm really beginning to like the Vette.  It's comfortable for 700+ mile days, has a huge luggage area, rolls easily at 75-80 MPH, gives me 27/29 MPG on 87 Octane gas and has a 400+ mile range.  I'm starting to like this getting old.

All for now.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving and Ride Safe out there.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:56:26 AM by ChuckH »
Essential to the pursuit of happiness is knowing when you've caught it.
Life's what happens while you're making other plans.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

'08 Chevy Corvette (non-Stealth, Bright Red)

Wildguzzi.com

Re: SPOT Available: Sorry, it's Gone
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 04:50:53 AM »

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 05:52:55 AM »
This is a old joke, but a riders wife made him get the tracking device so she could know where he was. He stopped at the train tracks and thru it on a boxcar.

Tex

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here