Author Topic: My fellow Guzzista, I present the Utah Guzzi Get Together!  (Read 17889 times)

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
Re: My fellow Guzzista, I present the Utah Guzzi Get Together!
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2018, 01:40:58 PM »
Roy - do you have a list of the riders confirmed at the resort?  I can�t find the email I got back from them.

I do not. I am going to ride up there on Monday, and discuss the situation with them, and check in at the campground as well.  I believe the camping is at or near capacity for their guidelines, I just want to see what kind of options we have available. 

There are 2 Roy's on this thread..........tha t don't happen very often.  LOL

Offline daytonars97

• Hatchling
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2018, 02:32:49 PM »
I do not. I am going to ride up there on Monday, and discuss the situation with them, and check in at the campground as well.  I believe the camping is at or near capacity for their guidelines, I just want to see what kind of options we have available. 

I have been thinking of attending but sleeping at the wheel.... So waiting what you report back.
 If any one has a room and going "single" and want to share I would be happy to do so. Please pm me.
  I am good with camping also but need electricity.  Is that possible?  There are sites with it, but do not know if the reservation covers those.

Thanks.

Honda CTX1300D "HUZZI"
1988 R100rs
1992 R100r
1995 R1100rsl
1997 Daytona rs

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2018, 09:20:43 AM »
I have been thinking of attending but sleeping at the wheel.... So waiting what you report back.
 If any one has a room and going "single" and want to share I would be happy to do so. Please pm me.
  I am good with camping also but need electricity.  Is that possible?  There are sites with it, but do not know if the reservation covers those.

Thanks.

I looked up the groups site, and it has a covered pavilion and electricity   :azn:

Amenities:

•   Tables
•   Grills
•   Electricity
•   Cold water sinks
•   Volleyball standards
•   Horseshoe pits
•   Fire ring
•   Access to hiking
•   8 tent pads
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 09:26:01 AM by Archangel »
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2018, 11:30:42 AM »

I got distracted with our local holiday weekend, will go up on Friday.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2018, 11:30:42 AM »

Offline alanp

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2018, 12:21:48 PM »
I looked up the groups site, and it has a covered pavilion and electricity   :azn:

Amenities:

�   Tables
�   Grills
�   Electricity
�   Cold water sinks
�   Volleyball standards
�   Horseshoe pits
�   Fire ring
�   Access to hiking
�   8 tent pads

Doesn't sound like there will be shower facilities?
Niwot, Colorado
'08 1200 Sport - Black
'16 V7II Stone - Black
Previous Guzzis
'07 Griso, '07 Norge, '03 California SS, '02 California SS, '02 V11 Lemans,  '83 Lemans III, '77 Lemans

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2018, 06:21:46 PM »
Doesn't sound like there will be shower facilities?

No worries, adjacent camping/RV Loop has Bathroom and Showers building.  :grin:
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2018, 07:34:49 PM »

If you have tried to book a room from the provided link for Zermatt you may have not been able to because of being sold out.  The good news is there are now 6 rooms available for Friday and Saturday nights and 2 more for Thursday. If you're not able to book a room let me know and I will get some more.

Here's the link for your convenience.  https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/trademark/midway-utah/zermatt-utah-resort-and-spa/rooms-rates?checkin_date=9/6/2018&checkout_date=9/9/2018&group_code=10K4LM

« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 03:53:23 PM by Utrider »

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2018, 07:41:42 PM »
Alan, and everyone else who will be camping. The campground is tied up for us Thursday night thru Sunday.   There are a total of 11 showers available between 2 different buildings  at the campground. The 8 tent pads are for fairly large tents, and if we are aware we can easily double up with the smaller tents motorcycles use.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:50:17 AM by Utrider »

twowings

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2018, 10:56:34 PM »
I will be arriving to camp on Thursday and my tent is small... :thumb:

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2018, 12:02:03 PM »
Just got off the phone with the "Richard Erickson Museum" folks.  They will not be available for our event. While I was in the area yesterday I went up to the property, we will tie it in at another event.

I went on most of the Friday loop yesterday.  The roads are in good condition and the wildlife was out in full effect.  Saw a Bull Moose on my way down the Timpanogos side of the Alpine Loop, and more Deer than I care to see.  It looks like they have changed a part of the road over the Highland-Draper area and traffic lights will be minimal for us.

We will most likely do the loop clockwise so as to avoid having to make a left hand turn across a 65 mph highway. 

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2018, 02:33:19 PM »
Alan, and everyone else who will be camping. The campground is tied up for us Thursday night thru Sunday.   There are a total of 11 showers available between 2 different buildings  at the campground. The 8 tent pads are for fairly large tents, and if we are aware we can easily double up with the smaller tents motorcycles use.

Do you have a count on campers yet? It's says the group site is $150 a night. We'll obviously be splitting the cost, but if there only a few of us it would be pretty expensive. Single campsites might make more sense then.

Time I suppose for people to start confirming their attendance  :laugh:
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2018, 10:39:11 AM »
Do you have a count on campers yet? It's says the group site is $150 a night. We'll obviously be splitting the cost, but if there only a few of us it would be pretty expensive. Single campsites might make more sense then.

Time I suppose for people to start confirming their attendance  :laugh:

It is actually a $100 per night, I have 3 nights reserved.  There is a $100 cleaning deposit, that is refundable as long as the place isn't trashed.  I would like to get a solid head count. There are a few people who have let me know they will be there, that are through the MGNOC or ADVrider and not on here.

As near as I can tell there are approximately 10 campers who have expressed a desire, and most of them are for all 3 nights.

Offline BentGoose

• Hatchling
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2018, 02:41:55 PM »
I plan on camping all 3 nights.
Roger Pritzel Denver, CO
'15 1400 California Touring
'14 Stelvio
'08 1200 Sport
'04 Ballabio
'98 EV X 2
'71 Ambo Police, '71 Ambo Civilian
'38 UL & '46 FL

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2018, 02:53:30 PM »
I plan on camping all 3 nights.

Super, thanks!

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2018, 01:11:09 PM »
Yes, 3 nights as well  :grin:
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2018, 01:20:24 PM »
Quick note to Utrider. You might want to go back to the your original post listing and change the message Icon to "rally information"  That way you get the cool little campfire icon which lets people know at a glance that the topic is about a rally. I believe as the rally time gets closer you also get a permanent spot at the top of the discussion board until the rally occurs.  :laugh:
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2018, 12:09:02 PM »
Quick note to Utrider. You might want to go back to the your original post listing and change the message Icon to "rally information"  That way you get the cool little campfire icon which lets people know at a glance that the topic is about a rally. I believe as the rally time gets closer you also get a permanent spot at the top of the discussion board until the rally occurs.  :laugh:

Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2018, 12:12:31 PM »
Just checked in with the folks at Zermatt.  They would like to have this tied down in the next 2 weeks, so if you want to take advantage of the rooms available please do so as soon as possible.

A month left, hopefully the wildfires will be tamped down by then.  The sky is smoky/hazy here.

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2018, 07:01:51 PM »
Bump
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline AH Fan

• Gaggle Mentor
  • small stable of Italian stuff
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2018, 09:16:08 PM »
Just checked in with the folks at Zermatt.  They would like to have this tied down in the next 2 weeks, so if you want to take advantage of the rooms available please do so as soon as possible.

A month left, hopefully the wildfires will be tamped down by then.  The sky is smoky/hazy here.

Three Canadians from the West Coast are looking forward to all of it...……..   :thumb:

Ciao

Offline fubar guzzi

• Gosling
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2018, 07:03:27 PM »
FUBAR is in :thumb:

Offline dxhall

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2018, 01:16:23 PM »
I'm in at the resort Thursday - Sunday, at the Colorado Hotel in Glenwood Springs Wednesday night.  Anyone leaving from Grand Junction Thursday morning?  i would meet you at an I70 exit in Grand Junction.    For anyone leaving from Denver - there are still a few rooms left at the Colorado Hotel in Glenwood for Wednesday night.  it's five minutes from the hot springs.

twowings

« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2018, 04:38:47 PM »
FUBAR is in :thumb:

Good thing this is BI-annual...they'll need two years to rebuild!  :laugh:

Offline Warren Rhen

• Hatchling
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2018, 12:51:19 AM »
Time is drawing near and I have no decision yet. Will there be last minute reasonable motel accommodations available? All depends on whether I can get someone to look after my wife
Cheers,
Warren
16 Piaggio BV 350
86 Citroen 2CV6 Dolly
18 Dodge Charger R/T

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2018, 12:23:58 PM »
Time is drawing near and I have no decision yet. Will there be last minute reasonable motel accommodations available? All depends on whether I can get someone to look after my wife

I believe the Zeramatt will have some rooms available, just call them when you know for sure you will be coming.  Mention you are with the Moto Guzzi group and see what they can do.  You may consider booking the room, and if you can't make it just cancelling it.

Offline JayDee24ca

• Gosling
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2018, 12:34:23 PM »
Count me in as another Canadian camper for three nights.
John D
'74 Nuovo Falcone
'79 Convert
79 G5
the rest are all gone.....

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2018, 02:58:54 PM »
Wow, well it looks like we're gonna have a good turnout.  As you guys come in to set up your camp, I don't know the etiquette, but if you could set up so that others can pitch in around you fairly easily that would be very helpful, based on the numbers I'm seeing........

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2018, 12:51:47 PM »

I took a ride on the "off road" route yesterday.  All of the roads are in good to recently repaved condition.  The dirt sections are in good shape and there is no damage from the wildfires that I could find.

This will be an alternative route for those who are interested on Saturday.  It totaled 162 miles round trip from the Zermatt Resort, of which a little over 40 of it is on dirt. There is gas available about 90 miles in.  For those of us on late model Stelvio's we laugh at such things, but I know it can be a concern. The dirt is very easy, and I saw several passenger cars on it in various places.  The biggest challenge will be this is on a Saturday, and a lot of folks will be out and about on their ATV/UTV's and those things throw up a hell of a lot of dust.

Less than a month to go, everything looks to be in good shape, and I look forward to meeting you all!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:14:38 PM by Utrider »

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2018, 05:25:43 PM »
As far as meals go...... I was going to be very informal, there are many options available either at the resort or in nearby Heber City. 

I am planning on eating at the BBQ/Smokehouse at the resort for Friday night, good food, reasonable prices and handy.  Not sure what people are thinking for breakfast, probably ride into Heber City, and gas up as well. 

For Saturday night, the resort has a VERY nice buffet they have offered to us.  However, it's $26 a plate which is indeed pretty spendy.  I'm looking into alternatives, and since this is a NAR event, there is no expectation that we dine together.

I would suggest that those who would like to join on the rides gather at 10 am, and we plan on being kickstands up with full tanks of fuel at 10:15.  I will have maps available for those interested in meandering at their own pace.  I normally ride a pretty spirited pace, but have every intention of backing it down.

As has been mentioned before, this is my first shot at doing something like this, and many of you have reached out to me with suggestions and such, which I am very appreciative of.  If you have ideas and concerns that haven't been addressed please don't hesitate to reach out to me either here on pm, email or phone.  I'm pretty accessible. 

I will be riding the other ride available for Saturday, between now and then, just to verify the condition of the roads and distances. 

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2018, 10:36:54 AM »
Just wanted to provide you with a perspective of the the area.  The Zermatt Resort is on Highway 222, on the Northwest end of Midway, Utah.  Wasatch Mountain State Park is 2 miles north, you go through a golf course that runs between them. 

Heber City, is about 5 miles to the East.  There are many fuel, grocery and food places available in Heber City. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.5298776,-111.4802592,14z

Hopefully, this will give you some perspective.  I know I like to have an idea of what's around when I travel to a new place.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here