Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: It's May already - what bikes are ya buying ?
« Last post by Bulldog9 on May 18, 2024, 02:40:08 PM »
Nothing New, just rounding out my CARC collection. 50k miles comes with all 3 bags. I'm pretty excited about it. Back in 2019 I foolishly traded my Norge for an MGX-21, and have regretted it ever since.

General Discussion / Re: 80s Honda parts
« Last post by Ncdan on May 18, 2024, 01:57:36 PM »

The search is over, parts found at a used Honda parts outfit in Canada.
Someone at one of the places you guys recommended gave me a couple companies he deals with and the one in Canada had both brackets, in great condition.
Im supposed to find out Tuesday what the shipping cost is. I can get the parts for 100.00, the shipping will probably be about that, hopefully not!
Thanks for the responses guys. 👍👍👍
General Discussion / Re: SP1000 Fairing Questions
« Last post by guzzisteve on May 18, 2024, 01:06:51 PM »
If an EV frame they are notorious for letting in water on steering head, mostly lower bearing. Steering dampener from Guzzi is a joke but I've never needed much if all in order on bike. I didn't see he had lowers on, got to look better. That combo should be rock solid at speed.
General Discussion / Re: California won't start
« Last post by guzzisteve on May 18, 2024, 12:50:03 PM »
Did you run a hotwire to solenoid? It should turn motor unless Batt or starter is no good. If you can't turn motor by hand, disassemble to find out why!
General Discussion / Re: California won't start
« Last post by John A on May 18, 2024, 12:27:18 PM »
This ^^^ . If it still wont turn, Id pull the valve covers and watch things. You may have a problem in the pushrods
General Discussion / Re: Bent steering stem replacement
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on May 18, 2024, 12:25:13 PM »
Id be looking for a good used one.

I agree - complete good used lower "yoke" with stem. Mark @ Moto Guzzi Classics likely has some 562-986-0070.
Alice is seeking photos of Ron (with other people) I presume for his Memorial Service. If you have any to share, please contact her (I can give you her cell number upon request).
General Discussion / Re: Bent steering stem replacement
« Last post by John A on May 18, 2024, 12:18:47 PM »
Id be looking for a good used one.
General Discussion / Re: Cheap and effective paint stripper
« Last post by bigbikerrick on May 18, 2024, 12:16:01 PM »
I am pretty sure that modern catalized urethane paints are resistant to brake fluid.  Old lacquers and enamels are not.
Rick
General Discussion / Re: SP1000 Fairing Questions
« Last post by bmc5733946 on May 18, 2024, 11:55:45 AM »
He has the lowers on. There is a reason that, virtually every bike Guzzi made with a fairing, or that could be reasonably expected to have one mounted, came with a steering damper or was at least provided with mounts for same. The quality of some of the supplied dampers is another, separate issue.
YMMV

Brian
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here