Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: overfilled oil on new engine
« Last post by faffi on June 14, 2024, 12:27:37 AM »

I never thought about saying  I siphoned the oil. I drained the whole block and the measured just under 5 quarts and put it back in and then what was left ended up in the gallon jug.

You could have stopped when the level was correct.
Everyone I know considers Kevlar the minimum gear to wear for minimum protection. 

Who are these people that think it is the best material for riding gear?   Kevlar is what you wear when you are just putting into town to hang out with your friends. No one wears it for serious riding. 

The same people who believe the marketing hype about products are the same people who take advice from Hollywood actors.

Give it another read and you'll find no such claim or suggestion was made that kevlar is the "best material" for riding gear. ;)

You might be catching on though. One can't make an informed decision on marketing hype, that's where testing and published results and certifications come in.
« Last post by Dr. Enzo Toma on June 13, 2024, 09:52:17 PM »
Personally I'd be extra leery about that. Remanufactured engines get churned out and quality control can be all over the place.
General Discussion / Re: NGC -AC compressor saver
« Last post by RinkRat II on June 13, 2024, 09:34:02 PM »

Okay, I did my home work and found that this is a " hard start" Kit. The premise sounds good on the surface, however if you know the microfarads or rating of the existing capacitor you can up-rate the existing capacitor and accomplish the same thing.  If you use a trusted tech they will tell you the same thing. Hard start kits were originally for OLD units, mostly R-12 with high head pressure on startup and became a sales tool to make money. My $.02

Paul B :boozing:
General Discussion / Re: 1975 850t clutch removal help
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on June 13, 2024, 09:16:18 PM »
850brian: received and replied to your PM. Need the rest of your info. before I can mail the o-rings.
« Last post by blu guzz on June 13, 2024, 09:09:01 PM »
I just had an A/C tech to my house today.  I have 2 units that are over 12 years old.  One unit had its capacitor replaced a few seasons ago and that was around $400.  Today, the 2nd unit had a slow start module installed for a little over $200.  When tested, the unit was drawing 88 amps to start or about 30% beyond normal.  A/C units age just like us.  I would rather pay now to get a longer service life than replace a compressor any sooner than absolutely necessary.
« Last post by antmanbee on June 13, 2024, 08:56:00 PM »
Just a guess, but I think he is referring to a capacitor pack that lets the compressor get some extra energy to start easier.
« Last post by RinkRat II on June 13, 2024, 08:47:19 PM »

Please explain what the hell he's talking about. Haven't heard of this wonder device. :evil:

Paul B :boozing:
I'm an unashamed European and very grateful that we have certain standards here. It certainly does not mean that you MUST  wear all the right gear but at least you have some knowledge of what you are buying and that's extremely relevant to every aspect of our lives AFAIC.Wading through the relevant standard is another kettle of fish though.
« Last post by redrider90 on June 13, 2024, 08:02:21 PM »
Since the OP has already acted, I personally would not say anything. The longblock is under warranty, I presume, and admitting you have done anything - other than perhaps siphoning out oil via the dipstick.

Actually I believe they remanufactured a short block and then add a new top end. According to the paper work it reads like that. Hyundai and Kia had hundreds of thousands of failures.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Mother Road Motorsports is Tulsa's exclusive Moto Guzzi dealer
Oklahoma's premier Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Vespa and now Ducati dealer
Great service, Great selection, Friendly Environment! Come see us on Route 66.
Advertise Here