Author Topic: BSA Gold Star Actually Moves  (Read 1317 times)

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
BSA Gold Star Actually Moves
« on: July 02, 2022, 12:36:59 PM »
I stumbled across this YouTube video - it is short - where the Gold Star actually being ridden.  It is not overly informative, but the lump moves!  I think there have been some test rides, but I must have missed them.  Here is a very brief ride at the recent Goodwood Festival of Speed.  Perhaps they will actually be for sale in 2023, who knows. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqrw4NKvdKg

'22 Royal Enfield Int650
'08 Triumph Bonneville T100

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
Re: BSA Gold Star Actually Moves
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 07:01:03 PM »
'22 Royal Enfield Int650

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 07:30:19 PM »
I posted this in the other thread: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=309835351359386
Charlie

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 05:58:46 AM »
Geez Charlie, I see I was a day late and a dollar short...I'll probably be a lot shorter than that once they announce the price for that new Gold Star, whenever that will be.  Have a good day and good riding!
'22 Royal Enfield Int650

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 05:58:46 AM »

Offline majstevetrevor

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 02:57:20 PM »
I saw a brief clip somewhere on the Instagram I think of the bike revving in place but I can’t find it now. It sounds good though, like a single cylinder should. But I don’t think I could get over the radiator on a bike like that, or that enormous header pipe..

Offline 9fingers

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 04:28:55 AM »
I thought it sounded pretty lame, but that can probably be cured with a new silencer. The Agostini pipes on my V7 III, or even the stock ones, sound way nicer. And a Royal Enfield 500 also sounds a lot nicer, though mine does have an Indian made aftermarket tail and British header pipe. I suspect that BSA is going to be in the high $7k range.....we shall see.
Scott
Current bikes:
V7 III Special - Sophia
Royal Enfield Classic Chrome 500 Bullet - Guinevere
Suzuki V Strom 650 - Rita
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL250 custom
Honda TL125
Yamaha TY350

Offline majstevetrevor

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022, 07:50:19 AM »
I thought it sounded pretty lame, but that can probably be cured with a new silencer. The Agostini pipes on my V7 III, or even the stock ones, sound way nicer. And a Royal Enfield 500 also sounds a lot nicer, though mine does have an Indian made aftermarket tail and British header pipe. I suspect that BSA is going to be in the high $7k range.....we shall see.
Scott
Yeah I had a Royal Enfield 500 with a Hitchcock's silencer and it was my favorite exhaust sound ever -- the definition of what a single should sound like.  But I think the clip I heard of the new BSA sounds significantly better than a stock RE exhaust.  It sounded like it might be the rare stock exhaust I could live with, but presumably could be made much better with an aftermarket.

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 09:28:45 PM »
Charlie

Offline john fish

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2022, 08:28:02 PM »
Interesting bike.  I like it.  I didn't realize that it was a Rotax engine.  Also, I wish the radiator wasn't quite so large.

I like it, but I'm a fan of big singles.  I read that it was going to be priced at over $8,000.  That's significantly higher than the Royal Enfield offerings and might make it a hard sell.
He lost the run of himself.

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2022, 02:29:19 PM »
I like it.  :grin: I will take a serious look at them when available. I'd prefer the foot controls a little more forward, and tubeless wheels which is why I now own the R.E. Meteor rather than the Interceptor. Thanks for the videos, guys!
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2022, 07:47:31 AM »
I saw a brief clip somewhere on the Instagram I think of the bike revving in place but I can’t find it now. It sounds good though, like a single cylinder should. But I don’t think I could get over the radiator on a bike like that, or that enormous header pipe..

I think the introduction in the UK seems to have remedied that enormous header pipe, now the shroud only covers the in and out of the header going into a catalytic converter.  Next people will be whining about the discoloration of the header.  Yes the radiator seems to be lifted straight from a some small engine - maybe from Mahindra? 
See some of the latest videos on YouTube on the press intro in the UK.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvoBMh6G-no   The guy in this video could be on something, his gestures are mind numbing. 
'22 Royal Enfield Int650

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2022, 10:40:48 AM »
I was surprised to hear that Mahindra originally planned production for the UK, but that was stalled by the 2020 flu. The CEO said they would move production to UK as soon as practicable. Majority of parts are made in EU anyway. And he called the bike a "Platform," meaning more variants to come.  :wink:
2017 Suzuki DR650

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2022, 08:36:34 AM »
I was surprised to hear that Mahindra originally planned production for the UK, but that was stalled by the 2020 flu. The CEO said they would move production to UK as soon as practicable. Majority of parts are made in EU anyway. And he called the bike a "Platform," meaning more variants to come.  :wink:

The other question is....

"How many Mahindra dealers will there be in the USA...and is that bike actually coming here?"  :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh: :wink: :thumb: :cool:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2022, 03:33:41 PM »
The other question is....

"How many Mahindra dealers will there be in the USA...and is that bike actually coming here?"  :rolleyes: :shocked: :huh: :wink: :thumb: :cool:

Don't know how many will sell bikes, but according to this, many more than Guzzi dealers, lol.   

2017 Suzuki DR650

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2022, 06:41:37 PM »
Don't know how many will sell bikes, but according to this, many more than Guzzi dealers, lol.   

Months ago I did a similar search for Mahindra dealers in Ohio - they are everywhere.  I contacted an unscientific sample of 4 of them to ask them about handling the new BSA motorcycle from Mahindra - comments ranged from "no interest" to "maybe when we learn more about it".  From what we hear of the UK introduction, they are choosing established multi-line dealers to handle this machine.  Talking to a local Yamaha/Triumph/RE dealer in Ohio, they have an expectation and a strong interest in selling the new Gold Star, but don't expect to see it for another year or two in the U.S.  My guess is there will be few if any Mahindra dealers who will be handling the new BSA.  But we will see, what we will see.  Maybe with the bike going to the UK first, this will get some of the first year bugs ironed out and when sold later in the U.S., Australia, Canada and NZ the bikes will be better - but who knows at this point...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 04:39:41 AM by grebmrof »
'22 Royal Enfield Int650

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 04:36:16 PM by Antietam Classic Cycle »
Charlie

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here