Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Performance air filters for V100
« Last post by blu guzz on Today at 09:47:11 AM »
I had a reusable oiled air filter on a BMW years ago.  No performance enhancement but did save money over the long haul.
General Discussion / Re: never heard of this happening before...
« Last post by jamesfjamesf on Today at 09:21:12 AM »
I've seen this a few times, mostly it was the worn/rusty ignition switch that didn't release so kept the solenoid engaged. But I could see a faulty solenoid or even sticky goop on the starter gear shaft causing the gear not to retract while under load.

jim
General Discussion / Re: '07 Norge instrument display hell
« Last post by SemperVee on Today at 09:21:06 AM »
 As much as I love my Norge it has continued to disappoint with how the dash is nearly unusable EVEN if I can barely remember how to user the menu in the daylight it is so light to be unreadable and yes I have the lighting turned up as much as possible. 
General Discussion / Re: Oh, the irony
« Last post by SemperVee on Today at 09:10:33 AM »

It is not ONLY age in the risk factor but the technology and attitudes of drivers.  I "Commuted" 100+ miles a day by MC daily into Orange County Ca for avg 35-40,000 miles a year splitting lanes with open face helmet and levi jacket and snow suit in the winter with little regard to nowadays "texting" and distracted drivers make me very nervous and SO MANY hit and run accidents, especially here in Western WA which I am sure is not much diff than any other big city.  That supplements my anxiety on the road these days...  PEOPLE disengaged from driving 2 tons of killer maiming machine.
General Discussion / Re: never heard of this happening before...
« Last post by guzzisteve on Today at 08:58:01 AM »
I had one couple years ago on a Stelvio, starter stuck out. The owner opted for another Valeo not cheap Chinese.
He thought the motor was trashed too, I knew better cause I did all the maint on it.
General Discussion / never heard of this happening before...
« Last post by SIR REAL ED on Today at 08:35:53 AM »

Talking to a friend last night, he mentioned having a bike with an electric starter that would not start.  The bike had gas, spark, etc.  Everything he checked was fine.  Finally, in frustration he dropped it off with a friend who has rebuilt many motorcycle engines.

After diagnosis, replacing the starter motor allowed the bike to start!

The problem was determined to be an electric starter motor that would not disengage with the flywheel.  The starter was simultaneously acting as a motor to rotate the crankshaft and also as a brake to prevent the crankshaft from spinning faster than the starter motor would allow.

First time I have ever heard of such a thing.  Not sure my thought processes would have figured that one out.
« Last post by Dave Swanson on Today at 07:26:11 AM »
General Discussion / Re: Reflections on my next bike...
« Last post by Muzz on Today at 02:45:56 AM »
I think you have had your Brevas for the same time as I have, i.e. when they first came out. I still love mine, and it will see me out.
« Last post by Muzz on Today at 02:43:42 AM »
At 75 years of age, no broken bones and like Mike "just a bit of gravel rash", this season was the first time I put the rego on hold two months early. With major lower back issues and a left hiop that has suddenly decided to get osteo, I realised that the mind may be willing but the flesh is indeed weak as I had to enlist the help of my friend to get me on and off the bike. For 60 years I have pulled up at the lights and put my left leg down, the same leg now folds every now and then.

Will it make me give it up? At the moment, no. I get so much enjoyment from being on the bike. I have never been Ricky Racer and have never been addicted to horsepower, the 48 neddies of my Breva I find more than adequate. It will be my body that lets me down.

I used to like, for those that remember him, J.B's (RIP) avatar, "I will stop riding when they prise my cold dead fingers off the throttle".

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here