Author Topic: Triumph new 1100 Bobber? sighted  (Read 3670 times)

HardAspie

Re: Triumph new 1100 Bobber? sighted
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 01:49:13 PM »
Looks to be styled like the old spring hub. Pretty!

Offline Calijackalbob

• Hatchling
  • The BEST looking Jackal in Singapore.
    • ZDK Elite Karate & Kickboxing
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 02:03:23 PM »
Looks a bit  :shocked: with a rider on it. Seems a cramped, the riding position. Might look better in pics on it's own. .... or with a longer wheelbase and forks maybe?

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 02:51:31 PM »
they'll call it Thing-a-ma-bobber

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 02:51:31 PM »

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 04:47:35 AM »
 Hmmm, everything is a bobber, a big fad...A local guy came into my my little shop of horrors recently asking about turning his nice 70 Triumph into a bobber...
  The Triumph ,to me, looks like ass just like all the the other clone bikes, cartoon imitations

This is a bobber....

Offline mach1mustang351

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 10:10:54 AM »
This seems like an okay place to post my feelings. I had a customer come in wanting to buy accessories to turn his Harley XR1200 into a cafe bike. He wanted clipons, plain top triple clamp, levers etc. I am not one to question but I sis ask why, considering the XR is a bit of a modern classic and why he isn't doing this to just a regular sporty.  No real reason.  oh well, if i could to afford to buy all the bikes and save them that would be excessive. To each their ownI guess.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 11:00:03 AM »
This seems like an okay place to post my feelings. I had a customer come in wanting to buy accessories to turn his Harley XR1200 into a cafe bike. He wanted clipons, plain top triple clamp, levers etc. I am not one to question but I sis ask why, considering the XR is a bit of a modern classic and why he isn't doing this to just a regular sporty.  No real reason.  oh well, if i could to afford to buy all the bikes and save them that would be excessive. To each their ownI guess.

Well, for starters the XR1200 came from the factory with MUCH better brakes and suspension than any XL, so he's already much closer to his goal starting there.

Plus it came with a hotter engine out of the box (nearly 80 rwhp / 70 ft. lbs. torque and a 12.25 1/3 mile vs. a stock XL 1200 of about 58 rwhp / 60 ft. lbs. 13.02 at best).

And then there were the other bits, it already had an aluminum swingarm and better wheels (though still pretty heavy) and sport radial tires, where you'd have had even heavier bits and bia-ply tires on an XL.

Don't get me wrong, actually I'd probably enjoy café-ing an XL one of these days, but that's a pretty extensive list of needs I'd have to address before I got started if I started with something other than an XR.

And I assume he could keep the stock parts to return the XR to stock if he ever wanted.

I still wonder sometimes if I made the right decision passing on that brand new denim white XRX...but I did it to get the V7 Stone that I love...so yeah, I probably did.

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline mach1mustang351

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 12:30:12 PM »
Well, for starters the XR1200 came from the factory with MUCH better brakes and suspension than any XL, so he's already much closer to his goal starting there.

Plus it came with a hotter engine out of the box (nearly 80 rwhp / 70 ft. lbs. torque and a 12.25 1/3 mile vs. a stock XL 1200 of about 58 rwhp / 60 ft. lbs. 13.02 at best).

And then there were the other bits, it already had an aluminum swingarm and better wheels (though still pretty heavy) and sport radial tires, where you'd have had even heavier bits and bia-ply tires on an XL.

Don't get me wrong, actually I'd probably enjoy caf�-ing an XL one of these days, but that's a pretty extensive list of needs I'd have to address before I got started if I started with something other than an XR.

And I assume he could keep the stock parts to return the XR to stock if he ever wanted.

I still wonder sometimes if I made the right decision passing on that brand new denim white XRX...but I did it to get the V7 Stone that I love...so yeah, I probably did.

Agreed the XR is a better overall platform than the standard sporty. The nightster had twin disks up front too but i guess thats what the game is all about. I would consider the XR to be near perfection in stock trim. This gentleman doesn't agree.  Its my job to help make his vision come true so I did my part. Just saying thats something i wouldn't have done to that bike.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 01:00:34 PM »
Agreed the XR is a better overall platform than the standard sporty. The nightster had twin disks up front too but i guess thats what the game is all about. I would consider the XR to be near perfection in stock trim. This gentleman doesn't agree.  Its my job to help make his vision come true so I did my part. Just saying thats something i wouldn't have done to that bike.

I hear ya.

Though just to be pedantic for the record, it was only the 1200R and 883R (Roadster/Racer) that came with dual discs, the 1200N Nightster and all the other XL variants were single disc.

As was our XL1200L which I now call an XL1200Lr because it's got all the upgrades from an R - including a set of take-off forks and dual discs.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:01:14 PM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline mach1mustang351

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 01:07:09 PM »
I hear ya.

Though just to be pedantic for the record, it was only the 1200R and 883R (Roadster/Racer) that came with dual discs, the 1200N Nightster and all the other XL variants were single disc.

As was our XL1200L which I now call an XL1200Lr because it's got all the upgrades from an R - including a set of take-off forks and dual discs.

You're right.  N and R are different... yet look the same when tired in the AM.  More mountain Dew!!!! Nice looking sporty.  I believe the marketing of this platform as an entry level or base type bike is undeserved.  I think this platform has a lot of upsides.  Maybe I'll make all right in the universe and convert a standard Sporty to a XR  :boozing:

Offline steven c

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 01:15:37 PM »
Nice Sporty, I guess a Sportster Harley will never make again, practical.
2020 V85TT Traveler
74 949 Eldorado

75 Benelli 250
2006 Buell Ulysses
78 Honda XL125

MGNOC 6412

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 01:38:19 PM »
Do it! I really would if I had the money and time. Though as you can see, I prefer more practical daily function in most of my rides.

It's funny, but the Sporty IS our "big bike".

Well, it's funny in light of the popular market which wants to make us think a 1400cc Cali is SMALL, which I do find humorous.

So I kinda take some pleasure in the Sporty (about the size of a Tonti Cali in many dimensions) is our BIG bike.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here